Page 461 of 774 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511561 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 11598

I just want good content of her in Avengers or X-books, (characters like Rogue have been in both worlds without issues)

But if they just have her as a punching bag i would prefer her to just stay in limbo

We will have to wait and see what comes from this Trial story, hopefully something good and a new era for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Sis legit has not had **** going on in the comics for years why so many of y'all are more content with that, than her appearing in the occasional X-Book is baffling Avengers office is what fucked her over to begin with & then just threw her away.
    She was fridged and you call that a content?

She was badly written so I could pass on that. I prefer quality over scraps

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, I honestly don't care for Wanda in a X-narrative in the first place even without AD/HOM, I don't mind but it's not really interesting to me.
    And with AD/HOM, I honestly don't want any close association with X-franchise in general. At least before she finished some meaningful arcs on her own or with Avengers.
    X-men was never important to her. They were like distant counsins that said hi from time to time and that is it.

X-men on magic department has Magik, Forge and Pixie.
    Last thing I want is hear complaints that she is stealing from x-men because Avengers doesn't want it
    Last edited by Writerblog; 07-05-2021 at 08:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member

And? I am just not interested in whatever X-books can offer her, period.
    Like I would rather not see her scenes in SWORD, like really.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    And? I am just not interested in whatever X-books can offer her, period.
    Like I would rather not see her scenes in SWORD, like really.
    I could do without them. X-office just passed a train over Wanda last 5 years of development

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    I could do without them. X-office just passed a train over Wanda last 5 years of development
    Yup, honestly I feel like Wanda is functionally another character in X-books most of the time.
    (Also that was meant as a reply to Journey.)

Spectacular Member

So, thoughts on the recent developments. I think Scarlet Witch fans(Which I would say I am) have quite a bit of right to be apprehensive about the upcoming trial mini and the setup for it in X-Factor and SWORD. It's all definitely Magneto focused, I think that much is clear. Given the title, Trial of Magneto, and the focus on what Magneto thought of Wanda in the SWORD issue, with only the barest amount from Wanda herself. While being focused on Magneto isn't necessarily a bad thing, this whole thing is definitely in service to Magneto more than it is Wanda.

I'll say that I don't hate the children of Magneto thing. Out of all the twin's parents, Magneto offers the most storytelling potential, at least in my opinion. However, the comics have never really used any of that potential to Wanda's benefit, and so it shouldn't be surprising that some are dubious that is suddenly going to change. In addition, the story is almost certainly going to be referencing the story House of M heavily in regards to Wanda and mutants in general. A story that, while perhaps the most famous(or infamous) of the stories involving Scarlet Witch, is one that uses her a plot device to give mutants stories and a "villain" while she disappeared for years in the comics. Sure, it would be great if this story somehow closed the book on that in a satisfactory way, but Children's Crusade failed to that, and it feels more like House of M is going to be for Wanda what the slap was for Pym, the storyline that defines the character in a way that will never allow them to be a heroic individual ever again.

I'm not going to hate on a story that is not even out, but I'm also not convinced this is going to be a good thing for Wanda. The story is definitely serving Magneto, not her. At best we can hope that she is an important supporting character, but given that she is dead through at least most of it, it certainly looks like yet again she is just going to be a plot device for Magneto and the mutant side of things. Could I be wrong? Sure, it's happened before, but it'd hard to be excited about it given the hints we got.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    She was fridged and you call that a content?

She was badly written so I could pass on that. I prefer quality over scraps

X-men was never important to her. They were like distant counsins that said hi from time to time and that is it.

X-men on magic department has Magik, Forge and Pixie.
    Last thing I want is hear complaints that she is stealing from x-men because Avengers doesn't want it
    People don't understand good > utter crap content. Of course she's better off functionally dead than fridged again.

The idea that we should be thankful is based on some hope that it'll be different this time. Some weird hope that if she's a mutant and Mags' kid again, they'll treat her better. When they had her gone for 7 years when she still was a mutant and his kid.

We've been here before. It's why we aren't celebrating this, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Question about Wanda from X-Men Monday:

"AIPT: Makes sense. Looking back again, in X-Men Monday #104, you mentioned there’s thought going into Wanda’s status on Krakoa as “the pretender.” How far back does the plan to murder Wanda go? Obviously, “the pretender” stuff has its origins in House of X. Was this always a sort of endgame?

Jordan:
    Jonathan [Hickman] came in with plans for directions, but he also has been incredibly generous and incredibly collaborative. So this is not exactly what he came in with, but it’s not like he came in with a literal roadmap, you know? It’s not like he came in with a literal thing going, “So then, three years from now, we’ll do an issue that has these lines in it.” It was more like, “This is the direction, this is what I’m aiming for way down the line. This is what we’re going to be working toward.” How we get there and what exactly it looks like when we get there has always been something that’s been in flux and that is highly influenced by what all the work everybody else has been doing is as well. So is this particular thing something we planned? No, but we always knew that we were going to be building toward something big and at the very least similar for the character. It’s just, this is the way we chose to deliver it."

My interpretation of that answer is that Hickman always planned for Wanda to go back to being a mutant, while her death in the gala being the way for that is the part that came later.
    I'd sooner trust a scam email than Hickman with anything to do with Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'd sooner trust a scam email than Hickman with anything to do with Wanda.
    I am a Nigerian prince LOL

People are taking conclusion when nothing was said. It is clear the plan is in flux and Hickman doesn't care for it. He isn't writing it, so not that important to his plan.
    People don't understand good > utter crap content. Of course she's better off functionally dead than fridged again.

The idea that we should be thankful is based on some hope that it'll be different this time. Some weird hope that if she's a mutant and Mags' kid again, they'll treat her better. When they had her gone for 7 years when she still was a mutant and his kid.

We've been here before. It's why we aren't celebrating this, lol.
    I think it started wrong. Maybe it will be different but the started is pure crap.
    It is the lowest common denominator to get sales up on x-factor and interest on the Trial mini
    Last edited by Writerblog; 07-05-2021 at 09:32 AM.

A little piece of Scarlet Witch fan-art I made today while waiting for my sister to finish her shopping

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

This one has a a transparent background.

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

That's some nice art! I like how full Wanda's hair is there.

That's some nice art! I like how full Wanda's hair is there.
    Yeah I was trying to recapture the fluffiness of wandavision final hairdo

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This one has a a transparent background.

Nicely done

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Question about Wanda from X-Men Monday:

"AIPT: Makes sense. Looking back again, in X-Men Monday #104, you mentioned there’s thought going into Wanda’s status on Krakoa as “the pretender.” How far back does the plan to murder Wanda go? Obviously, “the pretender” stuff has its origins in House of X. Was this always a sort of endgame?

Jordan:
    Jonathan [Hickman] came in with plans for directions, but he also has been incredibly generous and incredibly collaborative. So this is not exactly what he came in with, but it’s not like he came in with a literal roadmap, you know? It’s not like he came in with a literal thing going, “So then, three years from now, we’ll do an issue that has these lines in it.” It was more like, “This is the direction, this is what I’m aiming for way down the line. This is what we’re going to be working toward.” How we get there and what exactly it looks like when we get there has always been something that’s been in flux and that is highly influenced by what all the work everybody else has been doing is as well. So is this particular thing something we planned? No, but we always knew that we were going to be building toward something big and at the very least similar for the character. It’s just, this is the way we chose to deliver it."

My interpretation of that answer is that Hickman always planned for Wanda to go back to being a mutant, while her death in the gala being the way for that is the part that came later.
    Yeah this is a big reason to be optimistic IMO. There was always a plan for her but the delivery came later. That means likely that the death itself isn’t integral to the plan.