Page 500 of 622 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 9319
  1. #7486
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I thought nothing could be more depressing than discussing what Wanda might do in the next movie, but I forgot that nothing is more depressing than arguing about what she did or didn't do in her first movie.

    It's pointless, they're never going to address it or even have characters mention it again. We're arguing over basically nothing.
    IMO it's ultimately about the narrative doesn't have her image in mind.
    So questions stemming from it can be a bunch of nothing. And that's why it's just tiring to say the least.

    And I was expressing my wish for MCU Wanda to be competent magic user and trushworthy person in the community.
    And then it's "oh, she needs to pay, she needs to earn that", like really? That's like saying nothing while being somehow judgemental.
    Would be nice if you can actually think of some plot points, or even some tropes you feel like doing that.
    For me it's not really engaging in a discussion, like if I am playing a video game and I plan to beat a Boss, and your comment is literally, "Oh, but you need to reach the end of the level", "Oh, you need to deplete its health", literally saying nothing while making others feeling like they are taken for a fool or something. (And on top of that, commenting on how you did the last boss wrong.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-23-2021 at 10:18 AM.

  2. #7487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    And I apologized.It's not why I made said comparison.
    There is no comparison.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  3. #7488
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Sorry dude, you fucked up and it's what it is.
    Why do you think you are the only one allowed to beat the dead horse, and doing necromancy on old tiring topics?
    You clearly don't care about others' comfort, so don't act entitled to yours.
    And I apologized.Nothing more I can do.
    And it was clearly not my intention.

    I... what?
    Just because I disagree with you mean I don't care about your... comfort?
    And when did I act entitled to mine?

  4. #7489
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There is no comparison.
    There is a comparison between everything.
    I didn't see a side to said comparison and thus have apologized.Not much else I can do.I also said I won't bring it up ever again but that's the only thing you can see rn.

    And the fact that you keep talking about this and ignoring all my other points shows you have no real legs to stand on her.This attacking one aspect which I wasn't even aware of.

  5. #7490
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    IMO it's ultimately about the narrative doesn't have her image in mind.
    So questions stemming from it can be a bunch of nothing. And that's why it's just tiring to say the least.

    I was expressing my wish for MCU Wanda to be competent magic user and trushworthy person in the community.
    And then it's "oh, she needs to pay, she needs to earn that", like really? That's like saying nothing while being somehow judgemental.
    Would be nice if you can actually think of some plot points, or even some tropes you feel like doing that.
    For me it's not really engaging in a discussion, like if I am playing a video game and I plan to beat a Boss, and your comment is literally, "Oh, but you need to reach the end of the level", "Oh, you need to deplete its health", literally saying nothing while making others feeling like they are taken for a fool or something.
    Nope.
    Why would we want someone who has repeatedly F*cked up.Many times knowingly to be trustoworthy in one movie.
    You may want that but that's not how things work.

    And as for MCU ignoring this stuff, MCU has done stuff with WV we never would have imagined.So maybe they will handle said topics maturely instead of ignoring them.

  6. #7491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    There is a comparison between everything.
    I didn't see a side to said comparison and thus have apologized.Not much else I can do.I also said I won't bring it up ever again but that's the only thing you can see rn.

    And the fact that you keep talking about this and ignoring all my other points shows you have no real legs to stand on her.This attacking one aspect which I wasn't even aware of.
    There is no comparison between a fictional event where no one ended up hurt and there was no ethnic cleansing to the Holocaust. At all. Periodt.

    I addressed all your other bs already. It doesn't need entertained anymore.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  7. #7492
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think she just doesn't think through the consequences because she's been running on grief for so long. She wants some corner of happiness. And is desperate to get it. They could make her smarter and more mature, but I definitely wouldn't paint her as a villain. Marvel has long liked their heroes to be flawed.
    "Flawed".

    1)Attempted mass murder via Hulk
    2)Mind f*cking Avengers which led to ultron for revenge
    3)Enslaving 3000 innocents for her own "corner of happiness".

    She did all this knowingly mind you

    Do you mind telling me who you think in MCU is an actual villain and someone whose actions you won't justify as flawed?

  8. #7493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Nope.
    Why would we want someone who has repeatedly F*cked up.Many times knowingly to be trustoworthy in one movie.
    You may want that but that's not how things work.

    And as for MCU ignoring this stuff, MCU has done stuff with WV we never would have imagined.So maybe they will handle said topics maturely instead of ignoring them.
    Who is we?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  9. #7494
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There is no comparison between a fictional event where no one ended up hurt and there was no ethnic cleansing to the Holocaust. At all. Periodt.

    I addressed all your other bs already. It doesn't need entertained anymore.
    There is.But one I see I should have not made.Agreed

    You really didn't.Mind telling me how you Justify Hulk,Mind-f*ck Tony which lead to Ultron and the Hex.

  10. #7495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    "Flawed".

    1)Attempted mass murder via Hulk
    2)Mind f*cking Avengers which led to ultron for revenge
    3)Enslaving 3000 innocents for her own "corner of happiness".

    She did all this knowingly mind you

    Do you mind telling me who you think in MCU is an actual villain and someone whose actions you won't justify as flawed?
    She did not attempt murder. You keep saying this like repeating it will make it stick.
    The Avengers were the villains to her. Already addressed this.
    Already addressed Westview.

    She didn't do all of it knowingly. There was a point during her show where she wasn't aware of what was going on.

    Actual villains.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  11. #7496
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Nope.
    Why would we want someone who has repeatedly F*cked up.Many times knowingly to be trustoworthy in one movie.
    You may want that but that's not how things work.

    And as for MCU ignoring this stuff, MCU has done stuff with WV we never would have imagined.So maybe they will handle said topics maturely instead of ignoring them.
    I am talking about the end result of DS2, and you can boot if you don't feel like engage in a conversation.
    And now you are the judge of what now? Can I do a totally ungrateful clap for your service?
    Again, you really feel like exaggerating stuff, you can go somewhere else if you feel like watching the torture porn of a sinner or something, really dude.

  12. #7497
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Who is we?
    There are other people, some on this thread and others who feel Wanda has done bad stuff and is far from trustworthy

    And considering what she has done(Hulk,Mind-f*ck Tony which lead to Ultron and the Hex) can you blame them.
    I mean you are, but I still don't get the how

  13. #7498
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Who is we?
    The jury apparently.

  14. #7499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    There is.But one I see I should have not made.Agreed

    You really didn't.Mind telling me how you Justify Hulk,Mind-f*ck Tony which lead to Ultron and the Hex.
    There is no comparison between this and the Holocaust and if you saw that really, you'd stop. It's tasteless and offensive.

    I'm not gonna keep circling around the same points I already made. Go back and read them and if they aren't to your liking. Then oh well. I don't owe you anything. You came in here today to spew hate, and then are acting like you should have never gotten this reaction and that there is something wrong with us. There is a forum where you can post hate about her. It's not here.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  15. #7500
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,476

    Default

    Respectfully, Spiderfan001, but do you think we could end this argument now? I'm not saying you're wrong in your opinion of MCU Wanda, but this is an appreciation thread and they usually don't have this kind of argument for this many pages. No one is going to convince anyone at this point, and we should get back to talking about other aspects of the character, or the thread will go off the rails.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •