Page 521 of 621 FirstFirst ... 21421471511517518519520521522523524525531571 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,815 of 9311
  1. #7801
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    I think I'll have to sign off for a while because being a Wanda fan is depressing to me again. I felt a little better about her future after how popular she became after WandaVision ended, but between her fridging in the comics and the rumors about her being a villain in Doctor Strange 2 (which I can't dismiss completely, because WandaVision foreshadowed a dark future for her) I think I just don't have much hope.

    Which is really sad when she just became so popular in a reasonably comics-accurate portrayal, but I almost feel like it could be years before we can anticipate something good happening to her.

    Waiting for something good to happen to Wanda, especially in comics, is like waiting for the pandemic to end. Someday it will happen and that's all we can say at this point.

  2. #7802
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    To be honest, the fact that Rictor (the one mutant Wanda directly repowered) and Rogue (who’s absorbed Wanda’s powers a couple of times) were vital parts of Apocalypse’s rituals always made me think mutant magic either arises from/gets a big boost from the run off of Wanda’s hex as crucible restores more and more mutants
    I never thought about that but it makes sense especially since wanda's mutant power has always been connected to magic. personally i think she is an omega reality warper: magic manipulation as i've said in the past. But even if not i'm willing to accept the adopted daughter angle but there are real places for wanda right now imo in the x-world, i could also see her as Planet Arrako's cheif magician and have her on Sword but i think she fits better in Excalibur especially seeing rictor flounder around with spells but you make a great point how she is connected to two "axis" of magic.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  3. #7803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I never thought about that but it makes sense especially since wanda's mutant power has always been connected to magic. personally i think she is an omega reality warper: magic manipulation as i've said in the past. But even if not i'm willing to accept the adopted daughter angle but there are real places for wanda right now imo in the x-world, i could also see her as Planet Arrako's cheif magician and have her on Sword but i think she fits better in Excalibur especially seeing rictor flounder around with spells but you make a great point how she is connected to two "axis" of magic.
    Her reality warping is tied to Chthon. Her mutant power became described as energy projection (before the newest retcon). Her magic naturally comes from chaos magic. Besides her traditionally learned magic.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-26-2021 at 02:28 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  4. #7804
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Her reality warping is tied to Chthon. Her mutant power became described as energy projection.
    I don't really get into all that it will be whatever fits the writer better but personally i like the idea of wanda having independent power chton is trying to corrupt rather than being tied to some other entity's gift. I imagine if this was like a world of magic Wanda would naturally be gifted with All Magic.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  5. #7805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't really get into all that it will be whatever fits the writer better but personally i like the idea of wanda having independent power chton is trying to corrupt rather than being tied to some other entity's gift. I imagine if this was like a world of magic Wanda would naturally be gifted with All Magic.
    Wanda's link to Chthon was from the 70s so it was just 10 years after her creation. I don't think it's a bond they are breaking. I want him to be her major villain. She is naturally gifted with magic. That's what the chaos magic is.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  6. #7806
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda's link to Chthon was from the 70s so it was just 10 years after her creation. I don't think it's a bond they are breaking. I want him to be her major villain. She is naturally gifted with magic. That's what the chaos magic is.
    I want him to be a villain for her too but i want them to make it clear it is her power he is trying to corrupt and restore himself as he doesn't have the worshippers of his siblings vs. someone this god man being the catalyst for what should be wanda's own power.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-26-2021 at 03:07 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  7. #7807
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12,316

    Default

    I always thought that, since the probability hexes were her original power, it would make more sense if that was considered a form of reality warping (...which Bendis did say, god forgive me for agreeing) and her original mutant power. And Chthon and the chaos magic would basically work in the same way, as in connecting her to mystical forces and greatly enhancing her power overall. I just don't really like the idea of her original mutant power being "energy manipulation". Though I guess at the end of the day it doesn't really matter since the idea was that Chthon's mark basically changed her powers towards magic rather than that and her mutation existing as two separate powersets.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 07-26-2021 at 03:17 PM.

  8. #7808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I want him to be a villain for her too but i want them to make it clear it is her power he is trying to corrupt and restore himself as he doesn't have the worshippers of his siblings vs. someone this god man being the catalyst for what should be wanda's own power.
    I think her being able to freely read from the Darkhold should be a thing.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  9. #7809
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think her being able to freely read from the Darkhold should be a thing.
    I've been very clear i think if they make wanda a mutant she needs to be omega level magic manipulation which is a fundamental force in the marvel universe that no other mutant has a connection to. If wanda's mutation gives her an undefinable hex ability to alter magic itself wanda is a clear and present danger to everything that exists and a force behind it. That is what I want to see for wanda. It would also make sense why magical creatures are attracted to her. If anyone should create the new age of magic, especially after reading Mystic Arcana i feel it should be wanda. But that's how i see her, i see her has the doctor strange of mutants but more powerful because in general mutants are super powered.\

    I think her hex ability would allow wanda to read any grimore or affect spells in a way that is absolutely not probable.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  10. #7810
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    “And I pushed harder than I usually push for that, because I could see the scene so clearly in my head and I knew it would work — to the extent of actually writing the scene months before I wrote any other part of S.W.O.R.D. #6, so the room could see what I was thinking.”
    -Al Ewing
    Wiccan this is the response to the question i believe you submitted. I’m personally thankful he fought that hard for Wanda’s appearance even though he had no further plans for it. He wanted to light that fuse and wasn’t afraid of it. If I wanted anyone to write Wanda I would fight for Ewing to do it as No Surrender was my favorite Wanda story cause of the plot and art
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/26/x-...ing-interview/
    For the answer to the whole question
    Honestly, I like knowing that he didn't know about her being murdered when he wrote that scene. Makes me feel better about it. Still, I wish he hadn't included it when he learned of their plans. It just felt so cruel to tease something positive and wholesome for Wanda in the X-Books only for another writer to throw her body on a ditch just one week later. Like the worst kind of clickbait you could do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Attachment 111867
    Wandavision continues to stream really well. More people are checking it out after its Emmy nominations.
    The fact that TF&TWS fell off the list completely but WandaVision is still going strong... their POWER!

  11. #7811
    ᱬ Master Of Chaos ᱬ Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,631

    Default

    Even thought her solo was good imo it was such a waste that they didn't touch any of her Chthon lore, i think Chthon could work as a big bad for an event and of course i would like to see Wanda having a big role in his defeat




  12. #7812
    Fantastic Member Writerblog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Different editorial this time so let’s be patient and see what happens.
    I don't think I have reasons to trust on them. I said they 'JJ abrams' Wanda is the actual editors ignoring that she doesn't care and has zero reasons to hug Magneto. The fact that they can't accept that a "nobody" is her father and that her maternal side is a lot more interesting

  13. #7813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I've been very clear i think if they make wanda a mutant she needs to be omega level magic manipulation which is a fundamental force in the marvel universe that no other mutant has a connection to. If wanda's mutation gives her an undefinable hex ability to alter magic itself wanda is a clear and present danger to everything that exists and a force behind it. That is what I want to see for wanda. It would also make sense why magical creatures are attracted to her. If anyone should create the new age of magic, especially after reading Mystic Arcana i feel it should be wanda. But that's how i see her, i see her has the doctor strange of mutants but more powerful because in general mutants are super powered.\

    I think her hex ability would allow wanda to read any grimore or affect spells in a way that is absolutely not probable.
    I think they go in danger of the thing Hickman tried to clean up which was too many people were omega level mutants. Wanda doesn't really need to be to have good things involving her magic. I'd actually like to see her traditional magic explored more. Because the modern interpretation of her seems to be that she just comes by magic naturally and doesn't know much about magic itself. I also don't want her retconned again. And having her powers changed once again would be too much. The mutant identity was an easy one for them to remove because most of her powers do not come from being a mutant. Hence why she still had powers despite reducing the number of mutants. That and having the life force.

    I see Magik as the Doctor Strange of mutants. And one of the people he looks upon frequently for help.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  14. #7814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Even thought her solo was good imo it was such a waste that they didn't touch any of her Chthon lore, i think Chthon could work as a big bad for an event and of course i would like to see Wanda having a big role in his defeat



    Yeah, it was weird that they waited for Q&As to addressed that Wanda still has the Chthon link. It is an important part of her.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  15. #7815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The fact that TF&TWS fell off the list completely but WandaVision is still going strong... their POWER!
    I hadn't noticed that. Nice catch!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •