Page 396 of 774 FirstFirst ... 296346386392393394395396397398399400406446496 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,940 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Her being reduced to child-like and limited to a side where she has no relationships and nothing of her own is crap. Being a mutant is just unnecessary. She already has chaos magic.
    Being a mutant is very much part of her history, it is not about being necessary, it’s what she is.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Being a mutant is very much part of her history, it is not about being necessary, it’s what she is.
    It's a previous fact about her. Nothing more. They didn't use it much.

If everything ever retconned about Wanda still matters then she's also still the daughter of the Whizzer and Miss America.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 06-23-2021 at 12:02 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yes, that's where I stand too. I thought it was a nice scene, and I don't think there's anything wrong with saying that Magneto was her father for long enough that they are still "related" in that sense. And that applies even more to being a mutant, which is obviously a much bigger part of her history than being Magneto's daughter.

But since she's not being used on the Avengers side and hasn't been used there in years, it gives me a sinking feeling that she's being used as a plot point in X-Men books, even after her show proved definitively that she doesn't need to be Magneto's daughter to be popular. It depresses me that Marvel still thinks people don't want to read about her in any other form.
    We have the Darkhold series coming up and her dynamic with Magneto and her family will likely be explored through his trial. I just hope that this was not all setup as a "Magneto was seen with her last" scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    We have the Darkhold series coming up and her dynamic with Magneto and her family will likely be explored through his trial. I just hope that this was not all setup as a "Magneto was seen with her last" scenario.
    He'll choose mutant kind over her. She'll probably get killed, put through the crucible. Then we get some other version of Wanda. Not herself but ready and primed to be whatever the x-narrative calls for.

The DARKHOLD Finally Arrives at Marvel Comics
    https://marvelblog.com/2021/06/22/th...marvel-comics/

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's a previous fact about her. Nothing more. They didn't use it much.

If everything ever retconned about Wanda still matters than she's also still the daughter of the Whizzer and Miss America.
    And I explained why I disagree, different strokes for different people I guess
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    That is definitely what I expect, unfortunately. She gets killed for shock value, immediately brought back in some form.

The only bright spot would be if Ewing is involved in writing more of this story, since he is an Avengers writer and has some knowledge of Wanda beyond the "Magneto's daughter" identity. But it's in question how much of this story he'll get to write.

Unrelated, but I think it's interesting that like Jean Wanda is always put in an old costume.

Ironically the only really negative reaction I've seen to the Wanda stuff today has been in this thread the X-Boards are being real chill about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ironically the only really negative reaction I've seen to the Wanda stuff today has been in this thread the X-Boards are being real chill about this.
    Yeah, it's really weird. I'd be happy if they undo the 2016 retcon. It made her backstory needlessly complicated

Extraordinary Member

This thread is full of people who a) really really really don't like "House of M", and b) are really really really annoyed that she hasn't been in any comics except as a punching bag in the X-Men comics.

I thought the scene was sweet, but I think the "Magneto's daughter" identity did Wanda a lot of damage in comics (House of M) and TV (being used in "Wolverine & the X-Men" and not in the Avengers cartoon). So I get why many people don't want to see her sucked into Magnus's orbit again, and preferred the retcon because it separated her from that identity.

If she were on the Avengers where she belongs and showed up in this comic, then I think the reaction in this thread would be different, but it's her first real appearance in any comics for a long time, and you can see why some of her fans are salty about that. In the '90s she was Magneto's daughter but she was regularly appearing in Avengers comics, and that was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    This thread is full of people who a) really really really don't like "House of M", and b) are really really really annoyed that she hasn't been in any comics except as a punching bag in the X-Men comics.

I thought the scene was sweet, but I think the "Magneto's daughter" identity did Wanda a lot of damage in comics (House of M) and TV (being used in "Wolverine & the X-Men" and not in the Avengers cartoon). So I get why many people don't want to see her sucked into Magnus's orbit again, and preferred the retcon because it separated her from that identity.

If she were on the Avengers where she belongs and showed up in this comic, then I think the reaction in this thread would be different, but it's her first real appearance in any comics for a long time, and you can see why some of her fans are salty about that. In the '90s she was Magneto's daughter but she was regularly appearing in Avengers comics, and that was fine.
    The Avengers office is what butchered her character though I'd get the outrage if today's chapter had just been more bashing but it wasn't it was actually a healthy, much needed conversation with the promise of even doing better in the future. And this was done on the X-Books Avengers office is perfectly content ignoring Wanda IDK why people want that so much, Avengers office also was the 1 who had Wanda being a huge Mega B*tch after Childrens Crusade saying out of pocket **** further digging her grave. (,Which lowkey I fucked with heavily loved Rememenders Wanda she was fabulously problematic)

The Avengers office is what butchered her character though I'd get the outrage if today's chapter had just been more bashing but it wasn't it was actually a healthy, much needed conversation with the promise of even doing better in the future. And this was done on the X-Books Avengers office is perfectly content ignoring Wanda IDK why people want that so much, Avengers office also was the 1 who had Wanda being a huge Mega B*tch after Childrens Crusade saying out of pocket ****.
    No one has said they want Wanda ignored. It just isn't a better choice to have her as narrative slave to the x-books.

But it's the Avengers office that never want to use her, after HoM they pretty washed their hands off her. Even now outside off the MCU Wanda isn't used much in the avengers side.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    But it's the Avengers office that never want to use her, after HoM they pretty washed their hands off her. Even now outside off the MCU Wanda isn't used much in the avengers side.
    Neither books really wanted to use her and the only reason the other wants to use her now is to keep beating a dead horse.