Page 525 of 774 FirstFirst ... 25425475515521522523524525526527528529535575625 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Then how do you explain Emily in Strange Academy? She was born with magic and there isn’t any indication she or her parents have a connection to any magical being. The only being(s) that could be connected is Eternity or Gaea when it comes to Earth born magic users unless otherwise stated. There very well could be a gene that has nothing to do with being a mutant that allows those born to easily use magic without outside assistance. All we really ever seen when it comes to magic is the invocation of magical principalities and I want to see something a bit new when it comes to magic.

Agree. I want Wanda to rely on her own inner strength, knowledge and skill she possesses and not have to rely so much on others, but still recognize that she still can’t do everything alone.
    Unexplained doesn't equal untraceable.
    Natalia is your generic witch whose offspring has inherent magic power, while it's never really explained the ultimate source of her mystical bloodline, it does come from somewhere.(I don't count the matron deity in the final issue I know.)

Nah, Wanda shouldn’t settle for just that. She should give back in interest all the peace he took from her by her taking his entire realm under her rule.
    Of course she shouldn't just settle for that, but it would stop her from being possessed, which ends that overused trope.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Okay then why do people keep mentioning Chiton as though he is some part of wanda rather than an obstacle to overcome or embrace based on whatever the story is. He is a part of wanda's story, we get it, or i get it. But he is not wanda. Why should any development she may have need to include him. It doesn't make sense to me. Batman is still batman without joker constantly being brought up. Chiton didn't create wanda or what she is, he is trying to use it for his own purposes imo.
    The same reason you cannot swap Chthon for Mephisto or make mutates/Inhumans/Eternals mutants.
    It's part of their identity and lore, not to mention Chthon gives the character a unique struggle.

Extraordinary Member

Okay then why do people keep mentioning Chiton as though he is some part of wanda rather than an obstacle to overcome or embrace based on whatever the story is. He is a part of wanda's story, we get it, or i get it. But he is not wanda. Why should any development she may have need to include him. It doesn't make sense to me. Batman is still batman without joker constantly being brought up. Chiton didn't create wanda or what she is, he is trying to use it for his own purposes imo.
    Wanda doesn't have a gigantic rogue's gallery like Batman, and I would rather Chthon not reduced before their conflict fully explored.

Extraordinary Member

It also explains wanda's unique power. She is able to hex one of the fundamental forces in the marvel universe, magic and make it act in ways that have been shocking magicians of all kinds since her introduction. Also Excalibur is exploring the very idea of magic with no sacrifice with mutant powers being used differently in otherworld which is why mutants are called witchbreed there. Mutants are their own source of magical power in magical realms wanda imo super cedes` that. she is the omega of magic.
    There is nothing unique with a power rooted in "because X-gene", it's fine for X-character really, would be a downgrade for Wanda though.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Unexplained doesn't equal untraceable.
    Natalia is your generic witch whose offspring has inherent magic power, while it's never really explained the ultimate source of her mystical bloodline, it does come from somewhere.(I don't count the matron deity in the final issue I know.)
    Yeah that’s why I said that Eternity or Gaea could be the source of magic born of earth. Though so far we don’t know if it’s an outside entity or genetics that allows them from birth to use magic. Wanda was both born with magic due to her mother and gifted at birth with Chaos Magic from Chthon. One source we can trace the other has never been expound upon, which in my view Marvel has been slacking for too long.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    At least if Wanda defeats Chthon (theoretically), he should never be able to possess her again.
    I have an AU headcanon of Wanda who impaled Chthon to his own throne and keep him alive while using his blood to continue writing Darkhold.
    Just some idea about Wanda getting meta and 4th wall breaking, since Darkhold in the 90s Darkhold series is somewhat described as a "storybook".
    If she takes control over it, there would be some meta **** about her poor treatment of her fictional self and stuff.

There is nothing unique with a power rooted in "because X-gene", it's fine for X-character really, would be a downgrade for Wanda though.
    How is it a downgrade, I don’t even see it as an upgrade. It just better explains why she is sensitive to magic than just the HE did it. Also why Chthon choose her and also one factor in her being a nexus being.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    You asked why Chthon is always brought up. I told you.

Mutant or not doesn't matter. Her more powerful abilities come from chaos magic. And never had anything to do with her mutant status. That's why it was so easy for them to remove it.
    Ahh okay, we've interacted enough now that i get it. cool. I look forward to wanda owning her own magic and self however that turns out.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yeah that’s why I said that Eternity or Gaea could be the source of magic born of earth. Though so far we don’t know if it’s an outside entity or genetics that allows them from birth to use magic. Wanda was both born with magic due to her mother and gifted at birth with Chaos Magic from Chthon. One source we can trace the other has never been expound upon, which in my view Marvel has been slacking for too long.
    The chances of Wanda's witch lineage being explained is as likely to happen as them explaining how Wanda forgot her kids again or where 15.5 millions mutant went. Basically they want everything to be like the GS Ball in Pokémon, just dumb it somewhere and hope everyone forgets about it.

Extraordinary Member

The thing is there is no mutant whose very X-gene makes them mystical. Allowing them to be good magic users? Yes.
    It's roughly the same as MCU Stephen being a good sorcerer because he has good memory.
    (For a mutant, it could be because his/her natural power gives them energy supplus, which is why I like the Busiek explanation.) Mutant power as magic manipulation is pointless and unnecessary.
    She is born with extra long magicak bar if she is a video game character and that's it. Not she is born with already learned spells/skills.

Extraordinary Member

How is it a downgrade, I don’t even see it as an upgrade. It just better explains why she is sensitive to magic than just the HE did it. Also why Chthon choose her and also one factor in her being a nexus being.
    Chthon chooses her because her curious genes.(Both mutant and HE experiment work here)
    It's the "science part" that interests him in both OG NoW and Mystic Arcana.
    It doesn't explain why she is sensitive to magic, at least not better than what we already got. She got marked by Chthon at birth and it's functionally the same as born with it.
    Adult Wanda is sensitive to mystical forces because of that, end of story.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-27-2021 at 09:50 AM.

They've also used nexus being. That's how interchangeable it is.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Villains I'd like to see Wanda face if she ever got another solo:

Chthon
    Alkhema
    Salem's Seven
    Emerald Warlock
    Set
    Enchantress
    Necrodamus
    High Evolutionary
    Lore (they could bring her back)
    Modred the Mystic
    Morgan le Fey
    Samhain
    Count Nefaria
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Chthon chooses her because her curious genes.(Both mutant and HE experiment work here)
    It's the "science part" that interests him in both OG NoW and Mystic Arcana.
    It doesn't explain why she is sensitive to magic, at least not better than what we already got. She got marked by Chthon at birth and it's functionally the same as born with it.
    Adult Wanda is sensitive to mystical forces because of that, end of story.
    It’s never stated she is sensitive to magic because of Chaos Magic. She is sensitive due to tampering by the HE. It be better to just plainly say it was genetics and lineage from birth that made her a target for the two.