Page 527 of 639 FirstFirst ... 27427477517523524525526527528529530531537577627 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,905 of 9571
  1. #7891
    ᱬ Master Of Chaos ᱬ Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,648

    Default

    She spilled on that panel tho

    I think she feels like her real sons are still gone (the ones she created from the demon souls after the salem's seven retcon) billy and tommy are not really connected to her by bloodline and she didn't raise them either, also the ages gap but i guess they do feel some type of connection and care for each other.

    I'm all for interactions between them as family but marvel is not reallt invested in them as family hopefully if trial of magneto ends up being somethint positive to Wanda (let's see) they do have them interacting more.


  2. #7892
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    She spilled on that panel tho

    I think she feels like her real sons are still gone (the ones she created from the demon souls after the salem's seven retcon) billy and tommy are not really connected to her by bloodline and she didn't raise them either, also the ages gap but i guess they do feel some type of connection and care for each other.

    I'm all for interactions between them as family but marvel is not reallt invested in them as family hopefully if trial of magneto ends up being somethint positive to Wanda (let's see) they do have them interacting more.

    Very true overall i enjoyed the series and that is why i got the collected issue as i don't keep my old physical copies. But one thing it does do imo is have wanda at certain points blame others rather than take responsibility where as in Empye: X-men she may have messed up but i felt she was doing exactly what this therapist said and finally attacking things head on.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  3. #7893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But there were some interesting insights like her thoughts on the twins. Attachment 111894

    Whereas this page remind me of uncanny avengers. Attachment 111896

    It's a bold move to try and diagnose someone else.
    The Quicksilver stuff was forced to tie into CW II ever so slightly. Which I wish Marvel would stop doing. Not everything has to tie into the big event. I get it, they try to get people to pick up as many books as possible to get the full story of the event. But most of the stuff is irrelevant.

    It especially was bad during Original Sin. Where nothing lead to any real useful additional information. It's just waste of money and time.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  4. #7894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Very true overall i enjoyed the series and that is why i got the collected issue as i don't keep my old physical copies. But one thing it does do imo is have wanda at certain points blame others rather than take responsibility where as in Empye: X-men she may have messed up but i felt she was doing exactly what this therapist said and finally attacking things head on.
    The problem with the X-Men issue wasn't having her tackle things head on. It was having her do something foolish with magical artifacts when she specifically knew better. Then have her reprimanded by Doctor Strange. Like she was some magic novice. Some naive dummy.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  5. #7895
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,757

    Default

    The reunion. pietrowanda.jpg

    One of the many reasons i believe wanda power is beyond Chriton. It. Is. Her. Power. He just trying to use it to fulfill his own desires. that is why pietro has a connection to wanda and HER magic.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  6. #7896
    ᱬ Master Of Chaos ᱬ Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The problem with the X-Men issue wasn't having her tackle things head on. It was having her do something foolish with magical artifacts when she specifically knew better. Then have her reprimanded by Doctor Strange. Like she was some magic novice. Some naive dummy.
    Basically the x-men writers purposely set Wanda up.

  7. #7897
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The problem with the X-Men issue wasn't having her tackle things head on. It was having her do something foolish with magical artifacts when she specifically knew better. Then have her reprimanded by Doctor Strange. Like she was some magic novice. Some naive dummy.
    Which is fine but that's not how i saw it. I thought Doctor Strange had some nerve when he was present for House of M and wanda went to him before she did anything and his a$$ was speaking in riddles. It made me upset. The x-line also cleaned things up implying the decimation happened less than a year ago which in my mind put all those stories in context since and it makes sense wanda was all over the place in a years time with children crusade and all those other stories happening. Now no one can deny she cared about what she did.

    stephenwanda.jpg

    And then depsite the fact that the line she was in didn't show it. Empyre X-men goes out of it's way to show despite what we thought there wasn't a single day wanda didn't think about what she did to mutants and that entire year she spent a way trying to find out how to fix it, which imo gels well with Children's Crusade.

    wandajouney.jpg
    wandajouney2.jpg

    So despite the pretender moniker it's hard for me to believe the x-line has anything against wanda when they have been cleaning up her image.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  8. #7898
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    She spilled on that panel tho

    I think she feels like her real sons are still gone (the ones she created from the demon souls after the salem's seven retcon) billy and tommy are not really connected to her by bloodline and she didn't raise them either, also the ages gap but i guess they do feel some type of connection and care for each other.

    I'm all for interactions between them as family but marvel is not reallt invested in them as family hopefully if trial of magneto ends up being somethint positive to Wanda (let's see) they do have them interacting more.

    I actually enjoyed this take on Wanda & the twins it gives very much like that when you have to give up your kids for adoption then try & connect with them later in life type of feel, I would have honestly liked to have seen more exposure cause like it is awkward like she loves them, they love her but the situation is weird, then you fast-forward to X-Factor years later & they got Tommy breaking down calling her mommy it just feels unearned, this is also the kinda take I see happening in the MCU if the twins come back like an adoption situation ressurection aspect is overly complicated.

  9. #7899
    Fantastic Member Writerblog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    She spilled on that panel tho

    I think she feels like her real sons are still gone (the ones she created from the demon souls after the salem's seven retcon) billy and tommy are not really connected to her by bloodline and she didn't raise them either, also the ages gap but i guess they do feel some type of connection and care for each other.

    I'm all for interactions between them as family but marvel is not reallt invested in them as family hopefully if trial of magneto ends up being somethint positive to Wanda (let's see) they do have them interacting more.

    Marvel messed up Wanda and her kids. It's nice when superheroes have their own kid, but Wanda kids are so convoluted.
    They are barely a family from all the points that matter, not even counting bloodline.

    This is case study on how to not deal with kids in canon

    There is some connection, they are fond of each other. But it is never felt like a proper family, because connections are sparse.

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Which is fine but that's not how i saw it. I thought Doctor Strange had some nerve when he was present for House of M and wanda went to him before she did anything and his a$$ was speaking in riddles. It made me upset. The x-line also cleaned things up implying the decimation happened less than a year ago which in my mind put all those stories in context since and it makes sense wanda was all over the place in a years time with children crusade and all those other stories happening. Now no one can deny she cared about what she did.

    stephenwanda.jpg

    And then depsite the fact that the line she was in didn't show it. Empyre X-men goes out of it's way to show despite what we thought there wasn't a single day wanda didn't think about what she did to mutants and that entire year she spent a way trying to find out how to fix it, which imo gels well with Children's Crusade.

    wandajouney.jpg
    wandajouney2.jpg

    So despite the pretender moniker it's hard for me to believe the x-line has anything against wanda when they have been cleaning up her image.
    Her image has been clear for years.

    Also write her this way is crime against the character. Nobody tht likes the charcter would ever write Wanda as a dumb novice. I gave a look to the issues of her solo when her mother shows up to explain their lineage/witches road and she is never treated like a dumb woman
    Last edited by Writerblog; 07-27-2021 at 03:01 PM.

  10. #7900
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Marvel messed up Wanda and her kids. It's nice when superheroes have their own kid, but Wanda kids are so convoluted.
    They are barely a family from all the points that matter, not even counting bloodline.

    This is case study on how to not deal with kids in canon

    There is some connection, they are fond of each other. But it is never felt like a proper family, because connections are sparse.



    Her image has been clear for years.

    Also write her this way is crime against the character. Nobody tht likes the charcter would ever write Wanda as a dumb novice. I gave a look to the issues of her solo when her mother shows up to explain their lineage/witches road and she is never treated like a dumb woman
    People can put down what IS being done very easily because something is being done. I don't see people putting down what hasn't been done in the books she has been in. In August it will be 15 years since decimation real time. So it is what it is. I see who is making an effort and who didn't.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  11. #7901
    Fantastic Member Writerblog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    People can put down what IS being done very easily because something is being done. I don't see people putting down what hasn't been done in the books she has been in. In August it will be 15 years since decimation real time. So it is what it is. I see who is making an effort and who didn't.
    They did Children crusade and AvX, Remnder's uncanny avengers doesn't erase that. Yeah I see where effort was done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Basically the x-men writers purposely set Wanda up.
    Writers favorite sport is set Wanda up and never really working her character
    Last edited by Writerblog; 07-27-2021 at 03:38 PM.

  12. #7902
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If they do give Wanda another solo, I'mma need 3 things 1 an interesting story premise cause magic Sherlock was lame I'm sorry not really it was boring as hell, 2 a good artist if I recall it was like new art every other issue or at the very least it just was not pretty to me anyway, 3 a good editor cause why the hell was she hugging seemingly 12-13 year old versions of Tommy & Billy when they were 17 at the time with completely different costumes, in the park with Tommy yet again calling her mommy on his knees that boy was grown.
    I'm pretty sure those were not the real Billy and Tommy. My understanding is that she was hugging an imaginary version of the boys she conjured, or maybe it was a hallucination (like it or not, Avengers Disassembled established she had those). Or maybe it was a dream sequence. Either way, I don't think those were supposed to be the boys as they existed at the time. That was the same issue as the therapist one, wasn't it? So I think the point was to show that she had the desire to be more close to them, but still wasn't ready to do that with the REAL them. It fits well with what she said about them earlier on the same issue.

  13. #7903
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Which is fine but that's not how i saw it. I thought Doctor Strange had some nerve when he was present for House of M and wanda went to him before she did anything and his a$$ was speaking in riddles. It made me upset. The x-line also cleaned things up implying the decimation happened less than a year ago which in my mind put all those stories in context since and it makes sense wanda was all over the place in a years time with children crusade and all those other stories happening. Now no one can deny she cared about what she did.

    stephenwanda.jpg

    And then depsite the fact that the line she was in didn't show it. Empyre X-men goes out of it's way to show despite what we thought there wasn't a single day wanda didn't think about what she did to mutants and that entire year she spent a way trying to find out how to fix it, which imo gels well with Children's Crusade.

    wandajouney.jpg
    wandajouney2.jpg

    So despite the pretender moniker it's hard for me to believe the x-line has anything against wanda when they have been cleaning up her image.
    Way to spin the thing around buddy.
    Yes, cleaning her image as in fucking up again, but somehow remorseful this time? They give no fuck about her characterization, but somehow you are content they hint about "ohhh at least she felt bad".
    What is the difference between this and Bendis trying to make her a tragic psycho waifu who Stephen went full mansplaining on?(Sorry Stephen, you are a victim too but I have to point that out)

    You seem to give X-franchise too much credit when it is not earned. This and along with your obsession to "fix" her power set to be more mutant in nature. Why is that so freaking important?

  14. #7904
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Basically the x-men writers purposely set Wanda up.
    Yeah, but somehow kicking the dog and then feel sorry for it is somehow considered kindness now.
    You bloody kicked the dog in the first place!

  15. #7905
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I actually enjoyed this take on Wanda & the twins it gives very much like that when you have to give up your kids for adoption then try & connect with them later in life type of feel, I would have honestly liked to have seen more exposure cause like it is awkward like she loves them, they love her but the situation is weird, then you fast-forward to X-Factor years later & they got Tommy breaking down calling her mommy it just feels unearned, this is also the kinda take I see happening in the MCU if the twins come back like an adoption situation ressurection aspect is overly complicated.
    I mean she didn't willingly give them up though.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •