Page 529 of 627 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533539579 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 9399
  1. #7921
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Let’s wait and see what happened. We all know Wanda is remorseful and full of guilt. How they went about showing it in Empyre was wrong, but I’m willing to see how it ends. It’s better in my opinion to have a neutral view than expecting the worst. Like I stated let’s see how this goes before chastisement.
    I would like that without her being a meek little girl.
    I want to be that cynical laugher when it all blew up in my face. I prepare for the impact when I see one coming.

    I am going to get a lottery if this slim hope is actually realized somehow, lol, gonna be some daydream level of possibility.

  2. #7922
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Al ewing made it very clear in sword today the royal family is spoilers:
    not here for any talk of pretender in regard to wanda. It is also made very clear billy/teddy/tommy have a connection with wanda that can create a war if wanda isnt back on the table by the end.
    end of spoilers
    Ewing is not really the one in charge, I have a soft spot for him but I still don't like his portrayal of Wanda in Hellfire Gala.

    The following beautiful corpse images make me sick.

    Also a plot point/potential doesn't equal off-page editorial demand, she isn't saved from HoM simply because that story ignored her continuity, so why is Billy a guaranteed factor in this whole shit show?

    And what is Wanda even going to do after being ressurected? I hope she is rightfully angry and bolt to never see any of them again, if she is gonna continue her meek girl sorry ass mode(bonus point if she ends up as the terrified little girl seeking daddy's protection, lol), I am gonna puke seriously.

  3. #7923
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Reminds me if the Stalker storyline at the end of Byrne and Mackie's run where the Stalker gets a glimpse of all the stuff Peter as gone through and he ends up killing himself.

    It is great to see her getting help, I also like the way Unstoppable Wasp has handled Nadia's Bipolar
    That was a great story

  4. #7924
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Ewing is not really the one in charge, I have a soft spot for him but I still don't like his portrayal of Wanda in Hellfire Gala.

    The following beautiful corpse images make me sick.

    Also a plot point/potential doesn't equal off-page editorial demand, she isn't saved from HoM simply because that story ignored her continuity, so why is Billy a guaranteed factor in this whole shit show?

    And what is Wanda even going to do after being ressurected? I hope she is rightfully angry and bolt to never see any of them again, if she is gonna continue her meek girl sorry ass mode(bonus point if she ends up as the terrified little girl seeking daddy's protection, lol), I am gonna puke seriously.
    Eh i prefer daddy's girl over serial killer of friends but that is just me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  5. #7925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Eh i prefer daddy's girl over serial killer of friends but that is just me.
    How about both are bad. Infantilizing women is sexist. So is treating them as a plot device. Comics need to let go of some of their more gross tropes.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-28-2021 at 07:22 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  6. #7926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    How is it false hope? Are you so used to Wanda in the previous decade getting f’d over you assume this will be no different this time.
    What has comics really done to prove otherwise?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  7. #7927
    Incredible Member Bunch of Coconuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Eh i prefer daddy's girl over serial killer of friends but that is just me.
    Why are those the only two choices for a female character?

  8. #7928
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Why are those the only two choices for a female character?
    Why are you assuming there are only two choices because i prefer one version of what she was over another?

    By that logic why do people keep saying little girl? Is there only one version of her?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  9. #7929
    Incredible Member Bunch of Coconuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Why are you assuming there are only two choices because i prefer one version of what she was over another?

    By that logic why do people keep saying little girl? Is there only one version of her?
    Dude…those are the two choices you presented.

    Magneto is a sperm donor at best, and contender for Horrible Father of a Lifetime (with his own Lifetime Channel “inspired by real events” TV movie with terrible actors) at worst.

    Yeah. It was “cool” to say Wanda was Magnetos daughter back in the day. But it was only cool because it was cooler to also say she didn’t give a f*ck about all that.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 07-28-2021 at 07:59 AM.

  10. #7930
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Eh i prefer daddy's girl over serial killer of friends but that is just me.
    You act like I like AD/HoM Wanda when I want both to be dumped into a trash can where they belong.
    I have pointed again and again her situation right now being comparable to AD/HoM and somehow I want AD/HoM Wanda over ToM Wanda?
    I want her to leave because this way her character won't be at the mercy of X-narrative.

  11. #7931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    What has comics really done to prove otherwise?
    For me each new day is filled with hope. Just like each new story being written is one filled with hope to be different from before. I don’t expect you to see like that as this is just my view.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

  12. #7932
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Dude…those are the two choices you presented.

    Magneto is a sperm donor at best, and contender for Horrible Father of a Lifetime (with his own Lifetime Channel “inspired by real events” TV movie with terrible actors) at worst.

    Yeah. It was “cool” to say Wanda was Magnetos daughter back in the day. But it was only cool because it was cooler to also say she didn’t give a f*ck about all that.
    Okay? 2 out of a possible many, you quantified it as only two with your assumption but at the end of the day it is what it is it doesn't bother me what you think of Magneto or Magneto/wanda etc because i'm still going to want what i want regardless and speak or don't speak with my dollars. So i don't see what repeating the same thing is suppose to accomplish but if it makes you feel better. okay.

    Either way i am enjoying where this story is potentially going so i'm looking forward to the Trial and seeing what happens with Wanda.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  13. #7933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    You act like I like AD/HoM Wanda when I want both to be dumped into a trash can where they belong.
    I have pointed again and again her situation right now being comparable to AD/HoM and somehow I want AD/HoM Wanda over ToM Wanda?
    I want her to leave because this way her character won't be at the mercy of X-narrative.
    Wanda again is racked with guilt, grief, and self-doubt. Her character in SWORD is only what I would expect someone to be like with those kinds of emotions. Like she said she felt like she couldn’t face them after all that has happened and just being there made her want to curl in on herself. Wanda can’t be confident all the time cause that’s not how people truly are. Right now Wanda is sad and ashamed and wants those feelings to go away and not just be pushed to the back of her mind.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

  14. #7934
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Okay? 2 out of a possible many, you quantified it as only two with your assumption but at the end of the day it is what it is it doesn't bother me what you think of Magneto or Magneto/wanda etc because i'm still going to want what i want regardless and speak or don't speak with my dollars. So i don't see what repeating the same thing is suppose to accomplish but if it makes you feel better. okay.

    Either way i am enjoying where this story is potentially going so i'm looking forward to the Trial and seeing what happens with Wanda.
    And i just wanted to clean this up because i wasn't trying to be rude, just factual. Your opinion in the grand scheme of things do matter so i'm not trying to minimize them, they just dont matter to me personally on this subject so no offense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  15. #7935
    Incredible Member Bunch of Coconuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Okay? 2 out of a possible many, you quantified it as only two with your assumption but at the end of the day it is what it is it doesn't bother me what you think of Magneto or Magneto/wanda etc because i'm still going to want what i want regardless and speak or don't speak with my dollars. So i don't see what repeating the same thing is suppose to accomplish but if it makes you feel better. okay.

    Either way i am enjoying where this story is potentially going so i'm looking forward to the Trial and seeing what happens with Wanda.
    You quantified it. Whereas other Wanda fans are saying both choices are bad and a third option is probably better. Including a limbo that doesn’t make matters worse for Wanda.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •