Page 531 of 627 FirstFirst ... 31431481521527528529530531532533534535541581 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,965 of 9399
  1. #7951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    It's a patriarch society that is the problem. Magneto is one of the head figures for toxic masculinity, so no wonder he is a fave of many male readers and writers.
    Even when he abuse his kids, he still right because he want the best for them and for mutants. So what is unacceptable become just a minor flaw.



    Yes, been there, done that. Time to move on. The character already moved on, she needs fresh stories not retread that lead nowhere
    it’s been what a year or 2 by story timescale since she did it. Ain’t nobody moving in from that type of guilt unless your Doom or any other morally gray character. It’s been 17 years for us and all those stories involving Wanda’s redemption and appearance of moving on felt hollow. Wanda always acting meek in front of Magneto is a problem, but she also acted that way inUncanny when she went to avengers mansion. Hopefully this death actually changes her characterization going forward.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

  2. #7952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Okay i would love to hear this third option because all i have seen is pages of "not daddys girl" and "chton, chton, chton." don't want a "Slave to the x-narrative." but i don't think i've actually seen many posts about what people would like to see. Oh i've also seen plenty of "i rather her nowhere than this."
    How about the version that had her own narrative with her own friends, her own family. Head strong, experienced, leader and co-leader of teams.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  3. #7953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    it’s been what a year or 2 by story timescale since she did it. Ain’t nobody moving in from that type of guilt unless your Doom or any other morally gray character. It’s been 17 years for us and all those stories involving Wanda’s redemption and appearance of moving on felt hollow. Wanda always acting meek in front of Magneto is a problem, but she also acted that way inUncanny when she went to avengers mansion. Hopefully this death actually changes her characterization going forward.
    Marvel decided that timescale. Just like they decided to ruin her to begin with.

    She's fictional. So they could have fixed her over a decade ago. They are also the ones that applied a bandaid to it all, had her move on and then roped her right back in.

    They decided to keep milking this.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  4. #7954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    It's a patriarch society that is the problem. Magneto is one of the head figures for toxic masculinity, so no wonder he is a fave of many male readers and writers.
    Even when he abuse his kids, he still right because he want the best for them and for mutants. So what is unacceptable become just a minor flaw.



    Yes, been there, done that. Time to move on. The character already moved on, she needs fresh stories not retread that lead nowhere

    https://twitter.com/Nash076/status/1420417176826167297 Love the reaction when Nash learns that Wanda and peter are also dead after the success of MCU
    I love it because this is an idiotic way of handling promoting characters. At least he knows.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  5. #7955
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,594

    Default

    Is Chthon not technically Wanda's Grandson.... lmao that's fucked up let me stop.

  6. #7956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    We've seen her since X-men Empyre but people can't have it both ways. I read uncanny avengers etc so i feel some people just need to come out and say they don't wanda to have sympathy for what she did and just be able to move on, which is fine, it is what it is. But the x-line is addressing the impact it has had on her, whether she is messing up or not whereas the Avenger line either didn't address it or uses it to sideline wanda. So i'm trying to find out what the conversation is we are really having here.
    Wanda tried showing sympathy and wanted to repower mutants if they chose. She was met with a cry of burn the witch.

    That was 10 years ago. In a fictional world, of course they should move on. Like all the other times they had heroes do terrible things.

    Sticking with one story beat for over a decade is dull for that character's fandom. Especially when she was completely changed so that writers had stories for other characters for a whole decade.

    She was possessed, made a huge mistake, tried to make up for it three times now. That's enough. Blame the paralax monster and move on.

    It's not like death in fiction is permanent anyway. I'm giving it all the seriousness and lack of respect they gave to the story. It was a cheap money grab that should be forgotten forever.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  7. #7957
    Fantastic Member Writerblog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Marvel decided that timescale. Just like they decided to ruin her to begin with.

    She's fictional. So they could have fixed her over a decade ago. They are also the ones that applied a bandaid to it all, had her move on and then roped her right back in.

    They decided to keep milking this.
    They even foud a solution for what she did, the canon fodder are back now.

  8. #7958
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda tried showing sympathy and wanted to repower mutants if they chose. She was met with a cry of burn the witch.

    That was 10 years ago. In a fictional world, of course they should move on. Like all the other times they had heroes do terrible things.

    Sticking with one story beat for over a decade is dull for that character's fandom. Especially when she was completely changed so that writers had stories for other characters for a whole decade.

    She was possessed, made a huge mistake, tried to make up for it three times now. That's enough. Blame the paralax monster and move on.

    It's not like death in fiction is permanent anyway. I'm giving it all the seriousness and lack of respect they gave to the story. It was a cheap money grab that should be forgotten forever.
    Yeah, Wanda wanted to help mutants, but it seems it was like one at a time and only if they wanted to and the X-men didn't care they were more interested in punishing her that helping mutantkind, (Which is why I'm not a fan of the X-men's poytrayal in Children's Crusade). Cut to the Crucible and it is the same conditions that Wanda had, but first you have to be killed to do so; I really wish Wanda could have called them out on that.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  9. #7959
    Incredible Member Bunch of Coconuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Okay i would love to hear this third option because all i have seen is pages of "not daddys girl" and "chton, chton, chton." don't want a "Slave to the x-narrative." but i don't think i've actually seen many posts about what people would like to see. Oh i've also seen plenty of "i rather her nowhere than this."
    How about the Wanda that didn’t back down from Thanos, as he was kicking her and Cyclops’ ass?

    Or the Wanda that defied Morgan LeFay and turned LeFay’s own magiks on her?

    Or the Wanda that proclaimed Django was her true father, not Magneto?

    The Wanda that held her own against the Phoenix 5, and made Namor sweat balls?

    The Wanda that co-led the Avengers with Captain America, who was a voice of reason for her team and even called him out on his shit?

    Pick one.

    This simpering waif, that can’t cast a decent spell and gets man-splained to by someone who’s done equal/worse, we’ve been recently shown is not acceptable.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 07-28-2021 at 11:03 AM.

  10. #7960
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    How about the Wanda that didn’t back down from Thanos, as he was kicking her and Cyclops’ ass?

    Or the Wanda that defied Morgan LeFay and turned her a magiks on her?

    Or the Wanda that proclaimed Django was her true father, not Magneto?

    The Wanda that held her own against the Phoenix 5, and made Namor sweat balls?

    The Wanda that co-led the Avengers with Captain America, who was a voice of reason for her team and even called him out on his shit?

    Pick one.

    This simpering waif, that can’t cast a decent spell and gets man-splained to by someone who’s done equal/worse, we’ve been recently shown is not acceptable.
    Isn't that exactly what happened in children crusade? I mean i'm all for a strong wanda but all she has been in most of the avengers book is talked down to, wonder man, vision, Doom with the life force in children crusade. I mean she was even going to marry him and i'm still not sure why. Then we have her series that she was on witches road where agatha was basically explaining everything to her and certain points she did come off as a novice though it is still one of my fave wanda stories. So no where did i say i dislike that kind of wanda or that they are mutually exclusive. Just a lot of assumptions being made in here.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  11. #7961
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    It's a patriarch society that is the problem. Magneto is one of the head figures for toxic masculinity, so no wonder he is a fave of many male readers and writers.
    Even when he abuse his kids, he still right because he want the best for them and for mutants. So what is unacceptable become just a minor flaw.



    Yes, been there, done that. Time to move on. The character already moved on, she needs fresh stories not retread that lead nowhere

    https://twitter.com/Nash076/status/1420417176826167297 Love the reaction when Nash learns that Wanda and peter are also dead after the success of MCU
    That is hilarious.I mean he's wrong about Miles.Peter has had enough replacing period, it never sticks and never will.
    And beyond is gonna be a short story because 900th issue will definitely have peter.Also NWH but that's getting delayed imo.

    Doc Strange and wanda are f*cked.

    Damn it marvel

  12. #7962
    Incredible Member Bunch of Coconuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Isn't that exactly what happened in children crusade? I mean i'm all for a strong wanda but all she has been in most of the avengers book is talked down to, wonder man, vision, Doom with the life force in children crusade. I mean she was even going to marry him and i'm still not sure why. Then we have her series that she was on witches road where agatha was basically explaining everything to her and certain points she did come off as a novice though it is still one of my fave wanda stories. So no where did i say i dislike that kind of wanda or that they are mutually exclusive. Just a lot of assumptions being made in here.
    You asked for a third option. I gave you at least 5.

    Regressing a character is not better, just for the sake of them appearing.

  13. #7963
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Isn't that exactly what happened in children crusade? I mean i'm all for a strong wanda but all she has been in most of the avengers book is talked down to, wonder man, vision, Doom with the life force in children crusade. I mean she was even going to marry him and i'm still not sure why. Then we have her series that she was on witches road where agatha was basically explaining everything to her and certain points she did come off as a novice though it is still one of my fave wanda stories. So no where did i say i dislike that kind of wanda or that they are mutually exclusive. Just a lot of assumptions being made in here.
    Children's crusade had a Wanda who didn't know who she was at the start.She also took out the entire Avengers and the X-men with a flick of her wrists.And also took blame of Wanda for going crazy in HoM.

    It had it's negatives but it's a decent story.And Wanda's solo was great, she was getting info and learning.There's nothing wrong with that

  14. #7964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Isn't that exactly what happened in children crusade? I mean i'm all for a strong wanda but all she has been in most of the avengers book is talked down to, wonder man, vision, Doom with the life force in children crusade. I mean she was even going to marry him and i'm still not sure why. Then we have her series that she was on witches road where agatha was basically explaining everything to her and certain points she did come off as a novice though it is still one of my fave wanda stories. So no where did i say i dislike that kind of wanda or that they are mutually exclusive. Just a lot of assumptions being made in here.
    Wanda who was gonna marry Doom was still under the influence of the Life Force. Children's Crusade was encouraging until the end. But the Doom stuff was gross.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  15. #7965
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Children's crusade had a Wanda who didn't know who she was at the start.She also took out the entire Avengers and the X-men with a flick of her wrists.And also took blame of Wanda for going crazy in HoM.

    It had it's negatives but it's a decent story.And Wanda's solo was great, she was getting info and learning.There's nothing wrong with that
    I agree and i never once said anything was wrong with it just like i never once said anything was wrong with the options other people prefer but for some reason you step out of line and mention what you would like to see and it's "regression, daddy's girl." a lot of passive aggressive stuff. People don't like it fine, but no reason to be so negative all the time about the same stuff like one can't comprehend they don't want certain things. Like okay. No one is trying to make you feel bad for not wanting it. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •