Page 622 of 774 FirstFirst ... 122522572612618619620621622623624625626632672722 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 11598
    baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    MCU already set for wanda not being Magneto's kid, the chances are relly small that she will be his kid ever again.
    Seeing more about maximoffs past looks great for exploring her magical family
    it looks bad NAH marvel is just rasict to us Roma.

baumblume

MCU Wanda is bad As a Romani , I can't stand 'WandaVision.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    Seems like you are with the minority, Wandavision is a success

Extraordinary Member

Obviously, you're not wrong to feel that way (just like people who feel otherwise aren't wrong), though I do find it ironic that the most in-depth content about her being Romani comes from her solo, which only exists because of the MCU version.

I agree it's best that the MCU version didn't have the "Sokovian fortune teller" costume and that line should have been cut.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Seems like you are with the minority, Wandavision is a success
    nah-Not to mention it’s getting REALLY hard for me to cheer for the “hero” that has done all the **** she has up to this point

nah-Not to mention it’s getting REALLY hard for me to cheer for the “hero” that has done all the **** she has up to this point
    Well it wasn't her intention do what she did. You know with great powers must come great responsability?
    On Wanda case is she needs to learn how to use it to avoid the inconcious use.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Obviously, you're not wrong to feel that way (just like people who feel otherwise aren't wrong), though I do find it ironic that the most in-depth content about her being Romani comes from her solo, which only exists because of the MCU version.

I agree it's best that the MCU version didn't have the "Sokovian fortune teller" costume and that line should have been cut.
    her solo is a insult to PIETRO and Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

I wish they had let her be a hero and not do so much bad stuff, but for better or for worse, the show ended by making it pretty clear that she wasn't a hero, an anti-hero at best. What she did was something we can identify with (keeping the illusion going because reality is too painful to face), but it's still wrong and I fear they'll have her do more wrong stuff before this is over.

I admit some fans act like she did nothing wrong, but they're pretty rare in this thread; I think there's like one poster who talked that way and everyone else disagreed.

Fair enough, I didn't like Pietro's characterization in that issue either, or Wanda's. He must have gotten a note about it because they suddenly made up and were back in-character again near the end.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I wish they had let her be a hero and not do so much bad stuff, but for better or for worse, the show ended by making it pretty clear that she wasn't a hero, an anti-hero at best. What she did was something we can identify with (keeping the illusion going because reality is too painful to face), but it's still wrong and I fear they'll have her do more wrong stuff before this is over.

I admit some fans act like she did nothing wrong, but they're pretty rare in this thread; I think there's like one poster who talked that way and everyone else disagreed.
    I think it's all going to depend on MoM and how Stephen interacts with Wanda, although I think he'll be more like Monica in terms of trying to relate and understand her...and hopefully it won't come off as tone-death and she ends the movie in a better place.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's all going to depend on MoM and how Stephen interacts with Wanda, although I think he'll be more like Monica in terms of trying to relate and understand her...and hopefully it won't come off as tone-death and she ends the movie in a better place.
    I think having Monica constantly defend/worry about Wanda made both characters look worse. Imagine the finale without the "they'll never know what you sacrificed" line and people would be less angry, not only at Monica, but at Wanda.

Wanda did make a huge sacrifice because Vision and her kids were not illusions, they were real. She had no right to hurt other people to keep them alive, though, and she accepted that, but it didn't erase the harm she caused. So they intended to have Monica say something like "I understand what you sacrificed," but it came out as sounding like Wanda's victims should be grateful to her. It was kind of a mess honestly and probably created more backlash against Wanda.

It does depress me to think that after Wanda accepted she had no right to hurt people to keep her kids alive, she might (might, I said) do more bad things to get them back. But then it's not her movie, so I'm almost resigned that she might be more of a plot device in Strange's movie and get her own story again when they do another series.

Pietro maybe. Wanda, not really. No run is perfect but it didn't do any damage to the character.

Their portrayal of Romani though... not great. Pietro's solo handled things far better.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 09-20-2021 at 03:53 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Being that the show continues to be the most watched show on Disney+, that does make you the minority.

it looks bad NAH marvel is just rasict to us Roma.
    They are putrid when it comes to Romani rep.

lol Pietro is her family
    He is. It's not his appreciation thread though.

For a superhero show it's a big achievement itself that WandaVision was considered for the main categories but still won 3 emmys, Now we can say that Wanda it's an Emmy nominated character
    Not many comicbook characters have that.

Kathryn hahn as shown interest in work again with Lizzie after being asked during the Emmys interviews if Agatha will return to the MCU any time soon, hopefully this leads to another project with Wanda.