Page 513 of 774 FirstFirst ... 13413463503509510511512513514515516517523563613 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,695 of 11598
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just don't know why some of y'all are fighting so hard for Miss Thang to continue the rest of her days as a D list Avenger who only shows up in big events to shoot red wiggly woos in side blurry panels before disappearing back into limbo, when the X-Side could revive Wanda's whole character (literally) within the next 5 months. Y'all should be more openminded smoke some weed.
    It would take a hero dose of liberty caps for me to believe that Wanda being fridged for Magneto’s man pain after years of being portrayed as villain and the willing instigator of a genocide is any sign that the X-Men writers can elevate Wanda in any way. As it is, the weed just makes me groan at stories like Empyre instead of setting it on fire with my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Off the top of my head, here are my thoughts for Wanda's future.

What roles has Wanda done before? A team member, team leader, wife and mother, teacher and mentor. What basic role hasn't she done yet, and how would she slide into it?

In whatever series she will be, her use of magic should not always be front and center. Obviously it's her most defining aspect but it doesn't have to be in play in each and every issue. Wanda's had limited hand-to-hand combat and hasn't really needed to do so, but I would like to see that again.

In what would look like a move to pass her off from the mutants to other races, Wanda would do well to interact with Inhumans (with whom she's had experience thanks to Pietro and Crystal), Eternals, Deviants, Atlanteans, and perhaps even a race of synthezoids!

Wanda's chaos magic would be interesting to see interact with something you'd least expect, like technology, specifically steampunk technology. From my exposure to the different D&D settings magic is used very differently in different worlds; one world has magic fueling everyday objects from mass transportation to household chores to the point where it no longer seems out of the ordinary and is mainstream.
    I’m going to chime in and add leading a Justice League Dark like book for Wanda’s future. It would be great if they could explore the Witch’s Road more.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 07-25-2021 at 02:30 PM.

E7DNPynXsAElfBt.jpg
    Art by @saintmolina

Wandavision wins another award, this time from the Golden Trailer Awards:

Most Original TV Spot/Trailer/Teaser for a Series
    Winner: Wandavision, Official Trailer “Believe”, Disney, Level Up AV

Nominees:

Veronica Mars “Mars Investigations Commercial”, Hulu, Hulu

WandaVision “New Era”, Disney+, MOCEAN

Wandavision, Official Trailer “Believe”, Disney, Level Up AV

Westworld, Season 3: Incite, HBO, Create Advertising Group

What We Do In The Shadows: Season 2: “Lucky Brews”, FX, Big Picture
    Last edited by Witchfan; 07-25-2021 at 05:31 PM.

So I been at a Pool Party all day just now seeing the replies to my comment not gonna reply to you all individually, when I said X-Books could revive Wanda's character 1 I meant literally, 2 I only mean comic Wanda yes MCU Wanda is popping obviously we all know this, but comic Wanda is a side character with no focus when written in modern Avengers comics, I mean last time she was a main Avenger she got murdered in that book too brutally. Avengers office is what got her in this fucked up predicament y'all all hate so much in the first place. Y'all already acting like Wanda's just a prop in the Trial issues & yes while that is possible y'all don't know for certain, so many of y'all just project constant negativety when ever Wanda is used, what's the point of liking a character if you're gonna go into every story about her with an already preconceived negative mindset, I'm not saying the X-Books can make Wanda an A-List character but it's very possible they could rejuvenate her at least to the point where she can finally move forward as a character, I'm openminded in that way but that's just my take on the subject. Though I'm high AF so my credibility is question.

Last edited by Journey; 07-25-2021 at 06:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    So, and this is just an idea, Wanda control’s the flickering realm and Namor controls the Serpent Sea after Wanda defeats Set so Namor owes her for something later.
    One thing at a time, maybe make him king of Lemuria as well as Atlantis. (Since he is not the "chosen one" of Set, that would be Naga)

Extraordinary Member

So I been at a Pool Party all day just now seeing the replies to my comment not gonna reply to you all individually, when I said X-Books could revive Wanda's character 1 I meant literally, 2 I only mean comic Wanda yes MCU Wanda is popping obviously we all know this, but comic Wanda is a side character with no focus when written in modern Avengers comics, I mean last time she was a main Avenger she got murdered in that book too brutally. Avengers office is what got her in this fucked up predicament y'all all hate so much in the first place. Y'all already acting like Wanda's just a prop in the Trial issues & yes while that is possible y'all don't know for certain, so many of y'all just project constant negativety when ever Wanda is used, what's the point of liking a character if you're gonna go into every story about her with an already preconceived negative mindset, I'm not saying the X-Books can make Wanda an A-List character but it's very possible they could rejuvenate her at least to the point where she can finally move forward as a character, I'm openminded in that way but that's just my take on the subject. Though I'm high AF so my credibility is question.

X-books literally drag her at every step with the story from 2005, moving her forward is just crazy talk.
    I will take side character over being a plot device.

It'll become positive when positivity happens on the page. And the story we hate so much was done for the x-narrative for the next decade.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I will take side character over being a plot device.
    Same and she wasn't a side character in her own book. It's just bs. They should maybe sober up and they'd make sense.

Her solo book happened in 2016 though. Back then they still cared enough not to leave her on limbo, with her being put on Uncanny after it ended and then No Surrender. That hasn't been the case in a few years now. She has only had a starring role again in the No Road Home event, but she hasn't been a regular on a monhtly book in years. She's not gonna be on Avengers again until Aaron's run is over, and even then that's still an if. Not even WandaVision was enough, with only Darkhold being the "tie-in", and that being delayed for ages in favor of projects that were supposed to come later than it in the previous schedule.

If they have plans for her after this, then yeah, that would be the best case scenario. But I'm not counting on it. So if the X-Office will actually do something with her after the trial, I'm not gonna be a downer about it.

Extraordinary Member

Well, I just don't count on X-office suddenly decides to treat Wanda right.
    There would be no point if X-office does use her, but wipe her OG character blank, and make her the way she is in SWORD and Empyre tie-in.
    I would prefer her functional death over those really.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Her solo book happened in 2016 though. Back then they still cared enough not to leave her on limbo, with her being put on Uncanny after it ended and then No Surrender. That hasn't been the case in a few years now. She has only had a starring role again in the No Road Home event, but she hasn't been a regular on a monhtly book in years. She's not gonna be on Avengers again until Aaron's run is over, and even then that's still an if. Not even WandaVision was enough, with only Darkhold being the "tie-in", and that being delayed for ages in favor of projects that were supposed to come later than it in the previous schedule.

If they have plans for her after this, then yeah, that would be the best case scenario. But I'm not counting on it. So if the X-Office will actually do something with her after the trial, I'm not gonna be a downer about it.
    I think WandaVision was the gamechange that was needed for Wanda and one that marvel by their own Ill got wrong in underestimating how well it would go.

So if we have to calculate a response to the shock of the show the timeframe to put out new material since The Start if March to the Trials announcement the it make sense by timing this might be the point.

We can’t predict how this will go, but thanks to MCU success I would not or never give up hoping better is to come for our Wanda from the comics, things and times change and we should keep hope that the better will be what this might end up being.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, I just don't count on X-office suddenly decides to treat Wanda right.
    There would be no point if X-office does use her, but wipe her OG character blank, and make her the way she is in SWORD and Empyre tie-in.
    I would prefer her functional death over those really.
    Times change and both the MCU and the end of the copyright BS is now finally over, yea marvel and x-offices have not earned much trust cause of how they have not shown enough care, but times do change and we are in a Whole different world of Wanda thanks to the show alone.

The timeframe to make fixes to a bad and to long standing narrative has come since the end of the show, until we get more info even by history I am still not to come to a full positive or negative conclusion what this will mean.

But by the kick in the teeth the show have to marvel and the end of the copyright wars as well as Wanda still being promoted in this despite her state we know of death she is in right now their could be more then we know.

We got to hope and hope to find the final will be going down the positive route for Wanda and times do change and hopefully this is that time.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

They had left her in limbo before she came back for Children's Crusade's last few issues. She then was in AvX for #0, 6 and 12. Before UA, where she ended up dead for 6 months. So It's been an on and off thing. We just aren't surprised anymore when she ends up missing for a while. Her only choices are not just Avengers or X-Men. And Avengers should have more than one team anyway.

I'm not counting on them being consistent with her either. I just don't understand the trust in the x-office when they haven't done anything. Which is worse then the Avengers side sometimes doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Times change and both the MCU and the end of the copyright BS is now finally over, yea marvel and x-offices have not earned much trust cause of how they have not shown enough care, but times do change and we are in a Whole different world of Wanda thanks to the show alone.

The timeframe to make fixes to a bad and to long standing narrative has come since the end of the show, until we get more info even by history I am still not to come to a full positive or negative conclusion what this will mean.

But by the kick in the teeth the show have to marvel and the end of the copyright wars as well as Wanda still being promoted in this despite her state we know of death she is in right now their could be more then we know.

We got to hope and hope to find the final will be going down the positive route for Wanda and times do change and hopefully this is that time.
    Wanda's care in the MCU is far different than comics though. Who brought back the F4 as soon as they got the rights back. That's been two years ago now. I think if their aim was to fix her because of the MCU, it'd have happened immediately like bringing back the F4 was then. With Wanda seemingly still dead as of October in issue 3 of 5. It's gonna be a while to find out if she's gonna be anywhere after this, or go back into limbo. I'm not gonna put all my trust in that and forget all the teasing they've done over the years. I'm gonna temper expectations, and feel like this is the typical for Wanda in an event. Because so far it is. And even if say she comes back in issue 3-5, then she still spent most of the event dead and the plot device for a storyline more focused on Magneto and Krakoa.

Just hopping in to say I love Wanda and I hope Darkhold will be the start of great things for her. Her future in the MCU is looking bright. I want the same from the comics side.

“And I pushed harder than I usually push for that, because I could see the scene so clearly in my head and I knew it would work — to the extent of actually writing the scene months before I wrote any other part of S.W.O.R.D. #6, so the room could see what I was thinking.”
    -Al Ewing
    Wiccan this is the response to the question i believe you submitted. I’m personally thankful he fought that hard for Wanda’s appearance even though he had no further plans for it. He wanted to light that fuse and wasn’t afraid of it. If I wanted anyone to write Wanda I would fight for Ewing to do it as No Surrender was my favorite Wanda story cause of the plot and art
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/26/x-...ing-interview/
    For the answer to the whole question
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 07-26-2021 at 05:39 AM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!