Page 760 of 774 FirstFirst ... 260660710750756757758759760761762763764770 ... LastLast
Results 11,386 to 11,400 of 11598

So why is she considered Magneto's daughter if she isn't gonna be a mutant?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    In story? Because they consider each other family because the writer says so.
    Also you know mutants/humans can reproduce each other right?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    And hopefully in the future, if Marvel ever gets the idea again that they want to limit how many mutants they have or write, just don't include them in the books. It's far less damaging and destructive.
    Seems very simple. But anyway just few of mutants are even X-Men and have significant roles on books

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

If this newest solo is indeed a thing, I hope we hear about it soon.
    Expect something in the next couple weeks, and the solicits in the April lot.

So everyone can continue to have their Happy Magnus family even though they aren't blood related and it wasn't a happy family.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Expect something in the next couple weeks, and the solicits in the April lot.
    They just announced a Thunderbird one-shot today following his resurrection so if there is a solo, we should (hopefully) hear about it soon.

Some families aren't biological. It's probably the best way to handle it for now. Some people want them related. Some do not. Marvel doesn't like to link a lot of relatives together directly because of how it impacts character timelines.

The family themselves didn't have much interaction over the years and most of it was negative. But so many got use to the idea of them being related. And also mutants and non-mutants can be related.

I feel like it never made sense for Wanda to be a mutant when they didn't have her in a lot of mutant related stories. But I feel like Pietro should have remained a mutant. Since his footing on the side of the books was far stronger.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Some families aren't biological. It's probably the best way to handle it for now. Some people want them related. Some do not. Marvel doesn't like to link a lot of relatives together directly because of how it impacts character timelines.

The family themselves didn't have much interaction over the years and most of it was negative. But so many got use to the idea of them being related. And also mutants and non-mutants can be related.

I feel like it never made sense for Wanda to be a mutant when they didn't have her in a lot of mutant related stories. But I feel like Pietro should have remained a mutant. Since his footing on the side of the books was far stronger.
    I think that it created a more diverse world when a mutant wasn't a part of mutant stories. Wanda could've been a mutant and have never participated in any mutant related stories and still be a mutant. The problem is when they force mutants to be in mutant stories like Franklin Richards. The X-Office basically wants to monopolize anyone with an X-Gene. I'd say the same argument goes for Ms. Marvel being an inhuman. She doesn't have to be a human mutate because she goes of doing her own thing. It doesn't make her less inhuman, but I think that Marvel preferred every race to be consolidated in specific books.

It's weird to have a race of people only be allowed to be in closed spaces. That's why the inhumans being omnipresent made more sense. Starfox and Crystal were written more interesting when they weren't exclusively with their species, just like Wanda.

According to Parrot Analytics, Wandavision was tied for fourth among streaming shows this year.
    https://www.***************.com/top-...itcher-2021-12

1. Stranger Things
    2. The Mandalorian
    4. Wandavision
    4. Cobra Kai
    5. Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I think that it created a more diverse world when a mutant wasn't a part of mutant stories. Wanda could've been a mutant and have never participated in any mutant related stories and still be a mutant. The problem is when they force mutants to be in mutant stories like Franklin Richards. The X-Office basically wants to monopolize anyone with an X-Gene. I'd say the same argument goes for Ms. Marvel being an inhuman. She doesn't have to be a human mutate because she goes of doing her own thing. It doesn't make her less inhuman, but I think that Marvel preferred every race to be consolidated in specific books.

It's weird to have a race of people only be allowed to be in closed spaces. That's why the inhumans being omnipresent made more sense. Starfox and Crystal were written more interesting when they weren't exclusively with their species, just like Wanda.
    It didn't really because they didn't have stories involving that side of her much. She might as well have been human. They didn't have a problem doing it with Quicksilver. So they should really keep it to characters they at least want dealing mutant stories some of the time. It being nothing more than a factoid about Wanda was pretty useless.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Aggie's show could explore the Witchcraft lore as well as the Darkhold lore, personally I hope Wanda will have a relatively small role just so they can have some kind of relationship, hopefully a more friendly one this time. I am honestly unsure about MCU's "fun mommy Aggie", it is definitely good for her own popularity, but I really miss comic "fairy god mother Aggie" and the mother/matriach figure she has been to Wanda.
    Honestly the positive parental figures in MCU Wanda's life are all kinda cut short(I think Oleg is a decent interpretation of Django in terms of his role, instead of wooden dolls it's DVDs, a father who tried his best to bring joy to his children even under a piss poor living condition. Irina was kinda just there like Marya.) Aggie was arguably the most influence maternal figure in her life even after Natalya is a thing, but with MCU Aggie it's hard to build that kind of relationship.

Whatever she gets, it will probably be under a new title.
    I wonder if they’ll introduce Salem’s Seven in the Aggie’s show? I need to see my MCU Nicholas Scratch.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

It didn't really because they didn't have stories involving that side of her much. She might as well have been human. They didn't have a problem doing it with Quicksilver. So they should really keep it to characters they at least want dealing mutant stories some of the time. It being nothing more than a factoid about Wanda was pretty useless.
    It was part of her story. It wasn't useless because it was her species. Now it's gonna stick with her even though she isn't a mutant anymore. She could be everything else and be a mutant at the same time, that's why I think it's nonsense to consolidate the species and typecast them to titles based on that alone. Quicksilver isn't any more or less a mutant than she was, writers just had her in Avengers books. The retcon set a stupid precedent for how Marvel changes origins of its characters. Carol could've stayed a human mutate for instance.

I'm not saying Wanda should be in mutant books though. I'm saying the opposite.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I haven’t given any plot details, and don’t know who the creative team is, so I don’t see why I would. Plus the possible book was already “teased/leaked” from BC, (which BC is a very dirty word at the site I write for lol), so I’m just passing around leaked rumors at this point.
    Well that could be anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It was part of her story. It wasn't useless because it was her species. Now it's gonna stick with her even though she isn't a mutant anymore. She could be everything else and be a mutant at the same time, that's why I think it's nonsense to consolidate the species and typecast them to titles based on that alone. Quicksilver isn't any more or less a mutant than she was, writers just had her in Avengers books. The retcon set a stupid precedent for how Marvel changes origins of its characters. Carol could've stayed a human mutate for instance.

I'm not saying Wanda should be in mutant books though. I'm saying the opposite.
    It's not a matter of who is more of a mutant. It's a matter of who benefited more as a character from it. Pietro flourished, Wanda was saddled. She's better off steering clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Well that could be anyone.
    Hey Rich! Nice to see you in the Wanda thread.