Page 682 of 774 FirstFirst ... 182582632672678679680681682683684685686692732 ... LastLast
Results 10,216 to 10,230 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There's really no reason to merge her with a very poorly done clone.
    Yep, she has warped memories. X-men became so creepy doing clones and dumping 3rd view memories

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Yep, she has warped memories. X-men became so creepy doing clones and dumping 3rd view memories
    Very much so. This is way beyond weird.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

The only reason I could see for fusing them is to do some Hecate inspired mother/crone/maiden thing for magic purposes

Fantastic Member

Very much so. This is way beyond weird.
    They didn't even give her C-Beams glittering in the dark at the Tannhauser gate, or attack ships on fire on the shoulder of Orion.

I half expect Creepio to appear and declare the birth of "Wanda Singular" if she merges.
    Last edited by Relugus; 10-20-2021 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Added Creepio bit just because.

There's really no reason to merge her with a very poorly done clone.
    Spirit Wanda says something changed and she has less memories than before after the backup was resurrected. The story is not going with the narrative that she's just a "fake clone".

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Spirit Wanda says something changed and she has less memories than before after the backup was resurrected. The story is not going with the narrative that she's just a "fake clone".
    She's a clone with infused memories. She's definitely a fake, no matter how they try to paint it. And fusing them all together is just weirdo nonsense, when they could have just had Wanda repower mutants and be on her way. If they want to undo the retcon, have the AXIS spell be because she was inverted. There is no reason to merge Wanda with a clone. And if they merge all Wanda's, one part of her still did M-day, so... like none of this makes sense.

She's a clone with infused memories. She's definitely a fake, no matter how they try to paint it. And fusing them all together is just weirdo nonsense, when they could have just had Wanda repower mutants and be on her way. If they want to undo the retcon, have the AXIS spell be because she was inverted. There is no reason to merge Wanda with a clone. And if they merge all Wanda's, one part of her still did M-day, so... like none of this makes sense.
    You don't need to argue with me about how Marvel could have done things differently. Saying "they could have done this and this instead of this story" changes nothing. I'm merely stating how the book seems to read to me. Maybe they'll decide they can just get rid of the "clone" Wanda later, but I just don't think that's what they're going with.

Well the clone memories come from a backup, not from a soul or it would be whole. If it came from a soul why not download it whole.
    Unless this clone Wanda is just a distraction by old Wanda, so not a ressurrection but a magical construct.
    Last edited by Writerblog; 10-20-2021 at 03:34 PM.

You don't need to argue with me about how Marvel could have done things differently. Saying "they could have done this and this instead of this story" changes nothing. I'm merely stating how the book seems to read to me. Maybe they'll decide they can just get rid of the "clone" Wanda later, but I just don't think that's what they're going with.
    I'm just saying none of it makes sense. At all. If they keep all of them that doesn't absolve anything. Just repower mutants with the crucible and let Wanda be on her way. The only way it makes sense is if something bigger is happening with magic, and it's linked to Strange also being killed and reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Well the clone memories come from a backup, not from a soul or it would be whole. If it came from a soul why not download it whole.
    Unless this clone Wanda is just a distraction by old Wanda, so not a ressurrection but a magical construct.
    Yeah I get that. That's why she's fake. And it's weird.

I'm just saying none of it makes sense. At all. If they keep all of them that doesn't absolve anything. Just repower mutants with the crucible and let Wanda be on her way. The only way it makes sense is if something bigger is happening with magic, and it's linked to Strange also being killed and reborn.
    I agree that this issue mostly made no sense. But I don't think they should "absolve" Wanda by making it so she loses those memories or is revived younger. By the end of this she should be whole again, otherwise the afterlife scenes are pointless. And I do think they should let her repower all the mutants at the end. Leah did say she wanted to heal Wanda's relationship with mutants... Better like that than with the backup.

I agree that this issue mostly made no sense. But I don't think they should "absolve" Wanda by making it so she loses those memories or is revived younger. By the end of this she should be whole again, otherwise the afterlife scenes are pointless. And I do think they should let her repower all the mutants at the end. Leah did say she wanted to heal Wanda's relationship with mutants... Better like that than with the backup.
    I agree, they should not absolve it that way. They should have Wanda take charge to fix the issues without any cloning, mind wipes, etc. A lot of it sadly seems pointless. Because they overcomplicated things so much. But maybe it doesn't just have to do with redemption. Maybe something is incredibly messed up about magic. Maybe it's linked to something that happened in Darkhold. And that's why Strange also was killed and reborn.

I agree, they should not absolve it that way. They should have Wanda take charge to fix the issues without any cloning, mind wipes, etc. A lot of it sadly seems pointless. Because they overcomplicated things so much. But maybe it doesn't just have to do with redemption. Maybe something is incredibly messed up about magic. Maybe it's linked to something that happened in Darkhold. And that's why Strange also was killed and reborn.
    When I saw the kaiju attack I thought it was because of Strange death.

strange isn't reborn, when he was killed it opened a portal to his younger self investigate his murder

Anyway, according to Grace Randolph, Dr Strange in the Multiverse Of Madness is reportedly going through "extensive reshoots" right now to fix "significant" story issues and add in a ton of new characters

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Anyway, according to Grace Randolph, Dr Strange in the Multiverse Of Madness is reportedly going through "extensive reshoots" right now to fix "significant" story issues and add in a ton of new characters
    She's also claiming that initial screenings of the next Spider-man movie were poorly received. She's mostly full of it.