Page 145 of 774 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245645 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Sadly it is harder to get optimistic about Wanda's future when she can't even get a happy ending in her own series. Despite hadnling better than the comics, it seems that even the guys behind the MCU believe that Wanda is only good for reality warping, making huge messes and spending her life being miserable.
    I want her to have a happy life. But she has always had her fair share of struggles. I can't really blame them for tapping into it. But they did humanize it and make her an active player in the narrative. Plus they are allowing her to earn her powers and control of them. They said this is only the first part of her story in the MCU, so there's gotta be a lot more. Hopefully she can gain control of her powers and find inner peace.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I want her to have a happy life. But she has always had her fair share of struggles. I can't really blame them for tapping into it. But they did humanize it and make her an active player in the narrative. Plus they are allowing her to earn her powers and control of them. They said this is only the first part of her story in the MCU, so there's gotta be a lot more. Hopefully she can gain control of her powers and find inner peace.
    I think that's it, we have to cross the "storm" because this struggle is notoriously part of her narrative but I believe this is just the beginning of the arc the writer have in store for her, hopefully the part involving a psychotic breakdown has now come and gone and we can move to a different phase and a different kind of adventure.
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-06-2021 at 02:13 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

There's fair share of struggles and then there's Wanda. She lost her parents, then her homeland was rabage by robots, she lost her brother, accidently killed some people, forced to go on the run, forced to kill the Vision and then watch him get killed all over again, get dusted, return to discover the Vision being tron apart, lose control of her powers, lose her family and have a whole town hate her. And her only reward is a new fancy set of clothes. Well to be honest it can't possibly get any worse for her.

Extraordinary Member

There's fair share of struggles and then there's Wanda. She lost her parents, then her homeland was rabage by robots, she lost her brother, accidently killed some people, forced to go on the run, forced to kill the Vision and then watch him get killed all over again, get dusted, return to discover the Vision being tron apart, lose control of her powers, lose her family and have a whole town hate her. And her only reward is a new fancy set of clothes. Well to be honest it can't possibly get any worse for her.
    Chthon: hold my cup of fresh blood.
    Dumb joke aside, I kinda wonder how will Chthon appear before her when she is at her current state.
    And also since Agatha is kinda, well, heavily modified to say the least, who should be Wanda's best friend figure in the ongoing MCU.
    I would not mind characters who are not really close to Wanda in the comics. Like I would love to see Wanda interact with Clea, and probably explore their shared theme of "lost homeland".(Assuming Clea is still a Dark Dimension dweller and she is exiled from there somehow.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 03-06-2021 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Chthon: hold my cup of fresh blood.
    Dumb joke aside, I kinda wonder how will Chthon appear before him when she is at her current state.
    And also since Agatha is kinda, well, heavily modified to say the least, who should be Wanda's best friend figure in the ongoing MCU.
    I would not mind characters who are not really close to Wanda in the comics. Like I would love to see Wanda interact with Clea, and probably explore their shared theme of "lost homeland".(Assuming Clea is still a Dark Dimension dweller and she is exiled from there somehow.)
    Monica is well on the way to position herself as one of Wanda's best friends, she helped deliver her babies (which she had a auntie-like interaction in episode 9), she's like their godmother and put herself on harm's way just to protect them, she always stood by Wanda side during the whole season, she did something no one else did in the comics.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I think it's part of why I liked the character. She reminded me of my grandmother. Wanda and she had similar struggles (the loss, not the powers of course). My gram always tried to be strong to work through them, but it's never a complete thing. You never do get over that much loss, that much tragedy. And she'd mask it. But I knew she was always sad. I feel Wanda's struggles. She's always fighting back against bad things that happen to her and her powers that are born of an ancient god. Something that she as a mortal should not be able to keep in control, but does for the most part. A lot better than most could. It supposedly can kill most mortals.

I don't see her as weak even in her most vulnerable moments, but strong in that constant fight. She still tries to pick herself up after. She'll falter at times. She's human. But she's dealing with things that would permanently break most people and still building up the strength to move on.

That said, she doesn't need anymore tragedy in comics or movies for sure. When I tell people I don't want her going through more, they seem to interpret it as not wanting the character to face any adversity. They don't stop to look at the big picture. Her whole life is adversity. Even in a sad life, it can be outweighed by happy moments.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Monica is well on the way to position herself as one of Wanda's best friends, she helped deliver her babies (which she had a auntie-like interaction in episode 9), she's like their godmother and put herself on harm's way just to protect them, she always stood by Wanda side during the whole season, she did something no one else did in the comics.
    Yeah, but Monica proabably won't share movie/TV with Wanda anytime soon.(It proabably will be the next Avengers movie till they met again.)
    I mean technically Agatha and Stephen kinda filled those roles in comics very well, but I get what you are saying.

Extraordinary Member

I think it's part of why I liked the character. She reminded me of my grandmother. Wanda and she had similar struggles (the loss, not the powers of course). My gram always tried to be strong to work through them, but it's never a complete thing. You never do get over that much loss, that much tragedy. And she'd mask it. But I knew she was always sad. I feel Wanda's struggles. She's always fighting back against bad things that happen to her and her powers that are born of an ancient god. Something that she as a mortal should not be able to keep in control, but does for the most part. A lot better than most could. It supposedly can kill most mortals.

I don't see her as weak even in her most vulnerable moments, but strong in that constant fight. She still tries to pick herself up after. She'll falter at times. She's human. But she's dealing with things that would permanently break most people and still building up the strength to move on.

That said, she doesn't need anymore tragedy in comics or movies for sure. When I tell people I don't want her going through more, they seem to interpret it as not wanting the character to face any adversity. They don't stop to look at the big picture. Her whole life is adversity. Even in a sad life, it can be outweighed by happy moments.
    Thanks for sharing the personal story and your take. Wanda's fandom like the character herself always dropped those heartfelt moments from time to time.
    And yeah, I think people just assume you don't want your fav to have any more struggle which is not true? I would very much like to see MCU throw villains/obstacles at her and see her triumph this time.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, but Monica proabably won't share movie/TV with Wanda anytime soon.(It proabably will be the next Avengers movie till they met again.)
    I mean technically Agatha and Stephen kinda filled those roles in comics very well, but I get what you are saying.
    As it stands there is not a lot space to develop these interactions but if what they are telling us about the success of wandavision is true I suspect we are on the verge of a new and exciting way to enrich the mcu storytelling by delivering streaming content along new and exciting micro-series. I expect the output of this kind of content to experience a boost if it proves to be a continued success.
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-06-2021 at 03:41 AM.

I am so, so happy to have what is, essentially, the story of the Scarlet Witch captured in six thrilling hours.
    No Dr. Strange cameo, no Reed or Charles or Logan introductions - just Wanda’s journey.

Kudos to Elizabeth Olsen for making me cheer and making me cry with her beautiful, committed work. And that costume? Bewitching
    Last edited by billee0918; 03-06-2021 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Gurkle, What I have believed about you all these passing time, Knowing you, Reading your posts and yes I have lacked that ablity to responsed to all of them cause honestly I am not the poster I once was a few years ago. So It takes me time to make one of theses, but I always loved and enjoyed your love for Wanda, but what is most important is this about You. Not just cause you are a Fellow Wanda Poster and Fellow CBR Poster, You are Truly My Friend and when Friends are down you should be their for them Always;

You Should not feel bad about your Worry, It Defines that of True Love You have for Wanda, it's your Shine you bring here cause you show what Love for Wanda can really be!

Nothing You can ever say can get me down nor I believe would get anyone here down. You are expressing your Love for a character and Worry is apart of Love, cause I go threw the same as well. Worry is all encompassing, it takes you over and makes you feel ill and powerless a times, you don't know at times how to fix the problems you worry about and when they are beyond you like it seems here, it just breaks you down.

But it is your Worry that makes you shine cause you express your True Love for Wanda's charcter and it makes so many better for it. You shine it on others and it effects others in more ways then you can realize, more postives then you can ever give credit for and you deserve so much of that cause of how knowledgable you are and what you bring to a post.

We can never know what they will do with our Wanda, the same can be said with any character of any francise and honestly I have experianced allot of this over my lifetime and other characters have their own unique uphill battles the fans feel the industries keep breaking their favorites down upon, it is part of our World as Fans, One we must know we all live with.

That is why worry is beautiful, it keeps a clear mind towards what you want form a character and knowing to correct the wrongs to others both fans and others alike when things are not clear to them, That is what you have done for us.

I wanted to also give my thoughts on the ending;

spoilers:
    I have Felt Honestly this did help our Wanda Grown in the MCU, it was not the leap I was hoping, but when she broke free of her Grief and faced the Faces of Westview she did the right thing and freed them. She with that gave her only tie at that point to happiness by giving up Vision and the Kids to set right with what went wrong, a Grief storm that got out of her hands and took her over. She did what was right when the time came and her going solo IMO is a showing a growth cause it says she realizes what her power can now do and what it can bring, so for the good of the world she much learn how to harnish it now, that is the mark of a character I admire cause she takes the steps after a horrible event, an event that if she was lesser would be greedy and want to keep the fanstasy after the awakening, but she did not.

Wanda Awaken to her true self both out of the dream of the grief and to what she really is after its effects. She now wants to control it and goes off so she can control it so no one else would be harmed while she does it. That Alone is growth and one where I can get behind even if all the dots where not filled in, the writers message I got their was that this want her growth moment and while it was not our growth moment fully we wanted, I felt the real desires by then that they felt that was the way they wanted to tell it and grow her.

I think they felt that writing was strong enought their to tell that story, it just how we as fan see it. So far I see fans more on the postive then negatives on Wanda outside of CBR, but CBR negatives and their posters on this stuff are always their.
    end of spoilers

If You Want to Take a break still and heal from your worries that is ok and Your Choice, take some time off.

But I also think it be good to have you here and we can talk together about Wanda and support each other to help us get threw what concerns us. But our Worries are good cause we then get threw our problems and help to shine our love for Wanda's Character cause we find the meaning and answers together, that is a form of healing as well.

Peace and Love to You Gurkle, You can also Private Message me anytime to talk, You are not alone.
    Recently, weeks, someone posted the ending pages of Avengers Annual # 10, where Wanda and Vision sum up the tragic plot, and how woeful and sorry Wanda was for her actions.

That scene was sort of how her acknowledging the Westview residents she controlled. The level of her pain and regret. Somethings can never be healed totally. But you have to try and Wanda did.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Sadly it is harder to get optimistic about Wanda's future when she can't even get a happy ending in her own series. Despite hadnling better than the comics, it seems that even the guys behind the MCU believe that Wanda is only good for reality warping, making huge messes and spending her life being miserable.
    I think I love her all the more because of her tragedy.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

My Goodness thank you so much for Sharing that Story with us about your Grandmother GenericUsername, all My Love and Blessing to you, your family and her for her struggles.

She truly sounds like an amazing woman and it Warms My Heart to know you have That much of a personal connect with her struggles and why you like Wanda, that is the clearest form of what it means to find strenght and why we love characters we do, cause that connect to our own lives in such ways like this.

Thanks so Much for Sharing that with Us GenericUsername.

Indeed that is a view I have always had of Wanda to for so long, she is a Woman that has gone threw so much in her life and so much lose, Yet she still tries ever inch to be the best hero and lady she can be, it is why I consider her the Iron Lady of Marvel, she is really Inspiring to me and the struggles people in their lives go threw.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Recently, weeks, someone posted the ending pages of Avengers Annual # 10, where Wanda and Vision sum up the tragic plot, and how woeful and sorry Wanda was for her actions.

That scene was sort of how her acknowledging the Westview residents she controlled. The level of her pain and regret. Somethings can never be healed totally. But you have to try and Wanda did.
    Well said, I am glad that was referance as well it is such a powerful yet said moment in the Comics but Wanda Captured the Moment with how tragic it was and it is good to referance to the show too.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I think this is going to lead to a happy ending for Wanda i mean she heard the voices from somewhere in the post credits...
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 03-06-2021 at 07:46 AM.