Page 530 of 774 FirstFirst ... 30430480520526527528529530531532533534540580630 ... LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Yeah, hopefully death can help her cope with that.

I am all for seeing her vulnerable side but goddamn please save it for people who she actualy trusts and loves. What is the deal of her playing the role of a sad little girl in front of Magneto of all people?
    Is it because writers feeling now it's time for Wanda to be in her sentimental mode to make her feel sympathetic, or is it just catering to people who simp Magnus family? I would say later.

Now we are somehow talking about how people actually are? Reminds me of those HoM defenders who claim it makes sense for Wanda to be a nutjob because "real people aren't always good and sane all the time!" It makes as much sense as water is wet, but it doesn't make a compelling argument for a fictional character who is not real and actually controlled by writers and editorial.
    And time and time again I see her hijacked by a narrative not her own.
    It would be fine to argue she can be on a different mood when it's actually about her.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-28-2021 at 09:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Why are those the only two choices for a female character?
    They mean 2 choices for Wanda as she has been portrayed in the last 10+ years.
    nothing to do with gender

I really think we should go for a third option though

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    You quantified it. Whereas other Wanda fans are saying both choices are bad and a third option is probably better. Including a limbo that doesn’t make matters worse for Wanda.
    Okay i would love to hear this third option because all i have seen is pages of "not daddys girl" and "chton, chton, chton." don't want a "Slave to the x-narrative." but i don't think i've actually seen many posts about what people would like to see. Oh i've also seen plenty of "i rather her nowhere than this."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post

I am all for seeing her vulnerable side but goddamn please save it for people who she actualy trusts and loves. What is the deal of her playing the role of a sad little girl in front of Magneto of all people?
    Is it because writers feeling now it's time for Wanda to be in her sentimental mode to make her feel sympathetic, or is it just catering to people who simp Magnus family? I would say later.

Now we are somehow talking about how people actually are? Reminds me of those HoM defenders who claim it makes sense for Wanda to be a nutjob because "real people aren't always good and sane all the time!"
    Yeah, there are people she should be open and vulnerable with, Magneto isn't one of them.

And real people aren't always good but are mostly sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Wanda again is racked with guilt, grief, and self-doubt. Her character in SWORD is only what I would expect someone to be like with those kinds of emotions. Like she said she felt like she couldn’t face them after all that has happened and just being there made her want to curl in on herself. Wanda can’t be confident all the time cause that’s not how people truly are. Right now Wanda is sad and ashamed and wants those feelings to go away and not just be pushed to the back of her mind.
    It has been too long and she did the best she could to undo it. I really don't want to see Wanda being down for it, specially that mutants found a way to undo it and Magneto knows. He knows and said nothing to her

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They mean 2 choices for Wanda as she has been portrayed in the last 10+ years.
    nothing to do with gender

I really think we should go for a third option though
    I wasn't talking about numbers at all. I simply stated one version of wanda i preferred over another and then it was simplified into "why are there two choices for female" when i never implied a choice or a number of states or as you said gender.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Okay i would love to hear this third option because all i have seen is pages of "not daddys girl" and "chton, chton, chton." don't want a "Slave to the x-narrative." but i don't think i've actually seen many posts about what people would like to see. Oh i've also seen plenty of "i rather her nowhere than this."
    We've seen Wanda try her best to do all she can to resolve herself for No more mutants.If Krakoa can't forgive her when it has members like Sinister and Mystique on the council then Wanda should just say F that.
    I'd like to see her move away from HoM, she did everything she could to fix it.Seeing Krakoa's hypocrisy should make her feel okay in moving on to other stuff in her life.

I'd like to see her be an Avenger, not a time bomb member or a naive but just a normal avenger who can deal with the higher level threats specially magic but is also a glass cannon specially if taken by surprise(kinda difficult with her witch sight but they can figure something out)

Btw this isn't me saying Krakoa is bad or good, it's how I think Wanda can be moved forward from HoM in a believable way that will satisfy Wanda fans and make for a great team book.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-28-2021 at 09:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I wasn't talking about numbers at all. I simply stated one version of wanda i preferred over another and then it was simplified into "why are there two choices for female" when i never implied a choice or a number of states or as you said gender.
    I know that this is what you meant and I agree,
    I was just telling the other person what you meant but I'm glad you cleared it up.

We've seen Wanda try her best to do all she can to resolve herself for No more mutants.If Krakoa can't forgive her when it has members like Sinister and Mystique on the council then Wanda should just say F that.
    I'd like to see her move away from HoM, she did everything she could to fix it.Seeing Krakoa's hypocrisy should make her feel okay in moving on to other stuff in her life.

I'd like to see her be an Avenger, not a time bomb member or a naive but just a normal avenger who can deal with the higher level threats.
    We've seen her since X-men Empyre but people can't have it both ways. I read uncanny avengers etc so i feel some people just need to come out and say they don't wanda to have sympathy for what she did and just be able to move on, which is fine, it is what it is. But the x-line is addressing the impact it has had on her, whether she is messing up or not whereas the Avenger line either didn't address it or uses it to sideline wanda. So i'm trying to find out what the conversation is we are really having here.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member

We've seen her since X-men Empyre but people can't have it both ways. I read uncanny avengers etc so i feel some people just need to come out and say they don't wanda to have sympathy for what she did and just be able to move on, which is fine, it is what it is. But the x-line is addressing the impact it has had on her, whether she is messing up or not whereas the Avenger line either didn't address it or uses it to sideline wanda. So i'm trying to find out what the conversation is we are really having here.
    Could you reiterate?

Now we are somehow talking about how people actually are? Reminds me of those HoM defenders who claim it makes sense for Wanda to be a nutjob because "real people aren't always good and sane all the time!" It makes as much sense as water is wet, but it doesn't make a compelling argument for a fictional character who is not real and actually controlled by writers and editorial.
    And time and time again I see her hijacked by a narrative not her own.
    It would be fine to argue she can be on a different mood when it's actually about her.
    They are catering to Magnus family fans. It's very obvious, also showing a soft side to Magneto.
    They could just use Lorna for it, but Wanda is a bigger case for the compassion of Magneto. Look she isn't his bloodline, she almost decimated the mutants and even with that he still considers her as his daughter. look how good magneto is hahaha
    It's like all that abuse went away.

Not everyone is sane, but no one has abreakdown and decimates a race while on it.

Extraordinary Member

I will just throw my old statement out again.
    In the end it just doesn't matter if Magneto is a good father or a trustworthy person. Him simply being more popular or at the very least considered more important in Marvel's eyes will inevitably reduce Wanda to an afterthought.
    Say Magneto is evil as ****, then is Wanda allowed to use him as this patriach figure she needs to overcome in order to gain personal growth? Nope, more likely it will be about evil Magneto's saving grace because somehow, he secretly loves his kids!(and proceed to murder them for his great cause, but hey he cried!)
    And again, say Magneto is a totally wholesome family guy, is Wanda allowed to use Magneto as the inspiring father figure she build her ideals around, and thus making herself a better person and living a better life? Nahhhhhhh, she is gonna be this meek sad little girl who just want her daddy to be happy, to the point you have to remind him to bone your young hot friend(AoA cough).

I am not advocating for Magneto reduced to a supporting role or anything, dude can have all he want in X-franchise. I just wish Wanda would be left alone.
    And besides Wanda already has an evil patriach and loving father figure, those would be Chthon and Django.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-28-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Could you reiterate?
    Not really aside from the typos the intent is pretty clear and showd my confusion at some of the stuff im reading in here. It just isnt meshing with what is haplening in stories now so its like well what conversation are we really having.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I will just throw my old statement out again.
    In the end it just doesn't matter if Magneto is a good father or a trustworthy person. Him simply being more popular or at the very least considered more important in Marvel's eyes will inevitably reduce Wanda to an afterthought.
    Say Magneto is evil as ****, then is Wanda allowed to use him as this patriach figure she needs to overcome in order to gain personal growth? Nope, more likely it will be about evil Magneto's saving grace because somehow, he secretly loves his kids!
    And again, say Magneto is a totally wholesome family guy, is Wanda allowed to use Magneto as the inspiring father figure she build her ideals around, and thus making herself a better person and living a better life? Nahhhhhhh, she is gonna be this meek sad little girl who just want her daddy to be happy, to the point you have to remind him to bone your young hot friend(AoA cough).

I am not advocating for Magneto reduced to a supporting role or anything, dude can have all he want in X-franchise. I just wish Wanda would be left alone.
    It's a patriarch society that is the problem. Magneto is one of the head figures for toxic masculinity, so no wonder he is a fave of many male readers and writers.
    Even when he abuse his kids, he still right because he want the best for them and for mutants. So what is unacceptable become just a minor flaw.

I'd like to see her be an Avenger, not a time bomb member or a naive but just a normal avenger who can deal with the higher level threats specially magic but is also a glass cannon specially if taken by surprise(kinda difficult with her witch sight but they can figure something out)

Btw this isn't me saying Krakoa is bad or good, it's how I think Wanda can be moved forward from HoM in a believable way that will satisfy Wanda fans and make for a great team book.
    Yes, been there, done that. Time to move on. The character already moved on, she needs fresh stories not retread that lead nowhere

https://twitter.com/Nash076/status/1420417176826167297 Love the reaction when Nash learns that Wanda and peter are also dead after the success of MCU
    Last edited by Writerblog; 07-28-2021 at 09:29 AM.

Kirbons And More Hellfire Gala Fallout In Today's X-Men Comics
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/kirb...-x-men-comics/