Page 96 of 774 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Thanks, I was about to ask that Very Same Question GenericUsername, Thank You for that Info!

Indeed I read that article and I remember going to a panel with Chris Claremont at it one time, was interesting to see and hear the man in person.

Honeslty to hear that from Claremont himselve is very Sweet and Uplifting to hear, to hear one of the most important Writers in Comic History to feel this way about the show after EVERYTHING he has done for Comics and being responsible for likely one of the most important comic stories in history, The Phoneix, to hear that this show and the cast has touched him so deeply he wants to write a Happy Ending for them!?

I Mean just WOW, Lets ALL take that in for a Moment, This Show has been a Blessing on the Legacy of Wanda and Vision in a way we could not of foreseen, this is truly changing what Wanda and Vision are meaning for Comics and Heroes, Simply Incredible to believe this is happening for our Wanda.................Just WOW. ;_;
    Wow, you're so lucky to hear him talk in person. I've always wondered what he felt about Wanda since he's written so many female characters like Jean, Ororo, Susan, Carol, and Jessica Drew, but we never really got to see much of his Wanda in the comics so his feelings on her seemed ambiguous. I guess I'm not surprised that he's a big fan of Wanda/Vision since you can definitely tell how many parallels Wanda's arc has to Jean's in The Dark Phoenix Saga. I hope the MCU writers are seeing this, especially if they aren't planning a happy ending sometime in the future for Wanda and Vision. I do believe a happy ending will be endgame like Steve and Peggy's romance was, even if we have to wait a while for it.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yes, in Avengers Annual #10, Contest of Champions #3 and Fantastic Four Vol. 3 #28.
    Yes, prior to AA # 10, Wanda was seen as very open to accepting Ms. Marvel - who was Carol then - into the Avengers' ranks and very friendly towards her.

But Avenger's Annual 10 showed how every single Avenger didn't understand how Carol had been seduced and raped by Marcus and kidnaped essentially.
    In the final denouement, I felt that Wanda was highly portrayed as the one who realized the most their terrible mistake and felt truly sorry. I don't know if that was ever acknowledged in any way - Carol had really forgotten any members of any of the Avengers and their attempts at welcoming her, etc.
    But it was a very bitter sweet moment. Chris did it well.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Yes, prior to AA # 10, Wanda was seen as very open to accepting Ms. Marvel - who was Carol then - into the Avengers' ranks and very friendly towards her.

But Avenger's Annual 10 showed how every single Avenger didn't understand how Carol had been seduced and raped by Marcus and kidnaped essentially.
    In the final denouement, I felt that Wanda was highly portrayed as the one who realized the most their terrible mistake and felt truly sorry. I don't know if that was ever acknowledged in any way - Carol had really forgotten any members of any of the Avengers and their attempts at welcoming her, etc.
    I always appreciated that Chris was a character driven writer. Which is the style I like best. Since plot driven usually ignores a lot of lore to force things into being.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I'm still holding out hope that one day Marvel Comics will let the awesomely talented and gifted Jac Schaeffer write a WandaVision comic book series, if they won't let Chris Claremont do it!

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    The Lopezes have done a great job here, especially with the theme songs. And I saw all the backlash from standard MCU fans towards the show because of the sitcom style, so I can see why Episode 4 was needed to placate them since so many said Episode 4 was what they were waiting for and the best episode yet, which made me cringe. And yeah, everytime the aspect ratio changes and we're back to the real world, I get really disappointed and bored because I just want to return to Westview. That garbage Agent Hayward especially ticks me off and it's ironic since I keep seeing MCU fans say he doesn't deserve to be villainized and how he's on the right side of things and what Wanda is doing is wrong. Meanwhile all I wanted was for Wanda to kill him off finally lol.

I knew Mary Kate and Ashley because they've basically been household names for decades now, but I never cared for them much especially since I was not a Full House fan. Elizabeth Olsen has a lot of indie movies which is what I've mainly seen her in. I know she auditioned for Rey in Star Wars though so clearly she was interested in doing a big franchise and I'm glad she won out when it came to Wanda in the MCU. I've never seen Hahn in anything before but I'm pretty familiar with Evan Peters from American Horror Story. I've seen Bettany in a few things but not much.

From what I've heard, MJ's treatment in the Spider-Man movies (like not wearing a bra and constantly playing the damsel in distress) was executive meddling. I know Kirsten Dunst made Sam Raimi promise her that she wouldn't be the damsel in Spider-Man 3, and he didn't want her to play that role again either but he was forced to. I will say though that Sam Raimi's Oz the Great and Powerful got a lot of flack for the depiction of Mila Kunis' Wicked Witch of the West and how she only turned evil because she fell in love with that sleazebag James Franco after one day and felt rejected when he moved on after probably sleeping with her. However Rachel Weisz and Michelle Williams as Glinda were written a lot better. I'm more worried about Wanda being treated like a villain in Doctor Strange 2 but Marvel's done a better job with their antagonistic roles lately and making the "villains" more nuanced and sympathetic so if Wanda is just serving an antagonistic role and not even the main villain, maybe I don't have to worry.
    I like Raimi. I think his movies were pretty funny and engaging. But please, let's cut down on the screaming women. It's cringey and campy. But he seems like one of the nicest guys in showbiz and that counts for a lot in my books. I don't think Wanda will be a villain in Doctor Strange 2. Feige apparently rehabilitated Stark's reputation and I think he's trying to do the same for Wanda. I think he's even made Hank Pym a more likeable character. It's funny how Michael Douglas had absolutely no interest in Marvel before he took on that role, and now he totally loves it and is so excited for the next Ant-Man movie. I think the movies and the shows have done wonders for a lot of Marvel characters and that makes me very happy. I think folks in the comic book industry should treat the characters they write and draw with respect. The same way Marvel Studios does. I do feel bad for Quicksilver fans though. I'm sure Feige knows that fans of his are upset about what happened to him and I think he'll do his best to satisfy them. However, I think ATJ is finished in the MCU (unless he appears in a flashback episode of WandaVision). That's pretty humiliating in my opinion.

Thanks, I was about to ask that Very Same Question GenericUsername, Thank You for that Info!

Indeed I read that article and I remember going to a panel with Chris Claremont at it one time, was interesting to see and hear the man in person.

Honeslty to hear that from Claremont himselve is very Sweet and Uplifting to hear, to hear one of the most important Writers in Comic History to feel this way about the show after EVERYTHING he has done for Comics and being responsible for likely one of the most important comic stories in history, The Phoneix, to hear that this show and the cast has touched him so deeply he wants to write a Happy Ending for them!?

I Mean just WOW, Lets ALL take that in for a Moment, This Show has been a Blessing on the Legacy of Wanda and Vision in a way we could not of foreseen, this is truly changing what Wanda and Vision are meaning for Comics and Heroes, Simply Incredible to believe this is happening for our Wanda.................Just WOW. ;_;
    Yeah, I had no idea Claremont was so fond of Wanda and Vision. He must really like Olsen and Bettany. They're doing a great job!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Wow, you're so lucky to hear him talk in person. I've always wondered what he felt about Wanda since he's written so many female characters like Jean, Ororo, Susan, Carol, and Jessica Drew, but we never really got to see much of his Wanda in the comics so his feelings on her seemed ambiguous. I guess I'm not surprised that he's a big fan of Wanda/Vision since you can definitely tell how many parallels Wanda's arc has to Jean's in The Dark Phoenix Saga. I hope the MCU writers are seeing this, especially if they aren't planning a happy ending sometime in the future for Wanda and Vision. I do believe a happy ending will be endgame like Steve and Peggy's romance was, even if we have to wait a while for it.
    Oh Yea I was Suprised he was at our Convention, we get bigger and bigger names each year but the fact he was their and did a panel with guest was amazing! I got their sometime after it began but stayed until the end, it was a moment to be with and hear the guy who had been so important to the Comic Book industry and how much he has affect it and us cause of his X-Men Run!

I Live in Connecticut and our BIG Convention is TERRIFICON and he was their for the 2019 Convention. Indeed it is a Very Nice Convention at Mohegan Sun, Not Over Big and not small at all at a Very Nice location.

The Ending for WandaVision is already likely done, but if MCU Creators are even hearing that they might now have abit more insentive to maybe see both Wand and Vision as part of the Major Future of the MCU.

Maybe if Chris is Still writing, maybe he should put these Ideas in a Series, after his words I say it would be a beautiful Book to Wanda and Vision.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

She has been getting rave reviews and has helped prove that there is clearly public interest in Wanda. One thing I've noticed is how many casual female fans have been invested since it's so rare to see a female character's grief and longing be explored like this in mainstream media. Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda has opened up many doors and I hope to see future female characters treated with as much respect. I've seen several of Elizabeth Olsen's movies before this and she's always a superb actor in all of them and very underrated so I'm glad she's getting the acclaim she deserves now. Feige should be taking notes and positioning her in one of the spotlight roles for the next few phases to come.
    Indeed I could not have really said it better Whitecrown and indeed Welcome to Wanda's Thread!

It is sometimes hard to believe, just a few years ago ideas like these where Head Fantasy hoping for the Best Glory and Love for our Wanda, but just getting by month after month in the Comics where the best to hope for. To say she have one of the Best Actresses in the MCU Pioneering what is now the 1st MCU TV Show on one of the Biggest Platforms in Streaming and Growing in the World for one of the Most Important and Historic companies in the World Disney ~~~~ That is Truly a Cinderalla Story Come to Life, but one that is not Given but was Made!

Truly the effect Wanda is Having on the General Public and Fanbases is Glorious to a WorldWide Level. What I am likely about this and what you said Perfectly is that we are Seeing a Woman that is not just another hero, but one that is Truly an Underdog being shaped by the events around her threw true trials of Lose, Grief and True Struggle, a Heroes Journey to Dicover Herself and to Face both Darkness that is in all of us inside of herself as well as the Darkness around her it making People Scramble to see the next episode that it is overloading the Streaming Severious, that is UNBELIVABLE!

The World is Seeing both by the MCU, Miss Olsen and the Showrunners and the Lore of Wanda Maximoff Herself in the building of a New Yet Very Classic Kind of Woman Superhero and Character.

Allot of the Internet has been Hyped for Wanda Since Endgame and the Thanos Fight and more and more seem to be embracing her as a Major Lady they want to Love and Support and see what she can do and allot of it is based on the comic and not just the darker parts, but her connections to her powers, her kids, Vision, her family and her heritage.

The Nexus Point alone is meaning in and of itself and if the Show goes with even Part of the Lore with Wanda Her importance to the MCU is going to Skyrocket!

We have to wait and see, but by all words our Wanda will be ok and Stronger after these Trails in WandaVision and with that Fans and the General Public will witness a Lady come into herown as her Title Hero Name like Never Before, being an Underdog with so much against her, a Lady who not by easy or by basic storytelling but by resolve and tough work will become one of the Best We have seen and that will truly stay with fans like Endgame on HyperMode!

Indeed if all goes to the postive, we are in for Maybe the Most Important time in Wanda's Character Career!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

I always liked Wanda and Carol's friendship which I feel doesn't get much attention anymore. I hope we can see some of it in the MCU especially since there really hasn't been a single friendship between two women so far (excluding Gamora and Nebula's strained sisterhood). I'm assuming they'll probably just focus on Jessica Drew's friendship with Carol after Jessica is introduced though.

I also liked how Wanda always felt the most guilty and ashamed of how Carol was treated. Although I will say that as bad as Avengers 200 was with Carol's rape, Claremont basically did the exact same thing to her in Avengers Annual 10 with Rogue and it effectively wrote Carol off for decades. So Claremont's outrage at Carol's situation can somewhat ring false knowing that what he wrote Rogue to do caused Carol to lose her identity, memories, and emotional connection to everything she ever knew, a sort of rape in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I like Raimi. I think his movies were pretty funny and engaging. But please, let's cut down on the screaming women. It's cringey and campy. But he seems like one of the nicest guys in showbiz and that counts for a lot in my books. I don't think Wanda will be a villain in Doctor Strange 2. Feige apparently rehabilitated Stark's reputation and I think he's trying to do the same for Wanda. I think he's even made Hank Pym a more likeable character. It's funny how Michael Douglas had absolutely no interest in Marvel before he took on that role, and now he totally loves it and is so excited for the next Ant-Man movie. I think the movies and the shows have done wonders for a lot of Marvel characters and that makes me very happy. I think folks in the comic book industry should treat the characters they write and draw with respect. The same way Marvel Studios does. I do feel bad for Quicksilver fans though. I'm sure Feige knows that fans of his are upset about what happened to him and I think he'll do his best to satisfy them. However, I think ATJ is finished in the MCU (unless he appears in a flashback episode of WandaVision). That's pretty humiliating in my opinion.
    At least we'll see Kirsten Dunst's MJ again in the new Spider-Man 3 so I am curious to see how she'll be written there. If the villain of WandaVision turns out to be Nightmare or Mephisto, I'm guessing he'll be the main villain in Doctor Strange 2 . It's the MCU movie I'm most excited for now because of Wanda's involvement and I'd love to see her interact with Strange onscreen. I did want to see Clea introduced but now I'm totally okay with her being absent. I am a Pietro fan, although a lot of that is because he's Wanda's brother, so I am very disappointed that he seems to be written off for good. I was holding out hope he'd be back for real in WandaVision but that doesn't seem likely at all now. Has ATJ ever said anything about reprising his role or not wanting to return?

Oh Yea I was Suprised he was at our Convention, we get bigger and bigger names each year but the fact he was their and did a panel with guest was amazing! I got their sometime after it began but stayed until the end, it was a moment to be with and hear the guy who had been so important to the Comic Book industry and how much he has affect it and us cause of his X-Men Run!

I Live in Connecticut and our BIG Convention is TERRIFICON and he was their for the 2019 Convention. Indeed it is a Very Nice Convention at Mohegan Sun, Not Over Big and not small at all at a Very Nice location.

The Ending for WandaVision is already likely done, but if MCU Creators are even hearing that they might now have abit more insentive to maybe see both Wand and Vision as part of the Major Future of the MCU.

Maybe if Chris is Still writing, maybe he should put these Ideas in a Series, after his words I say it would be a beautiful Book to Wanda and Vision.

That sounds incredible and I'm so happy for you that you got the chance to listen to Claremont!

The ending for WandaVision is definitely done and I'm not predicting a happy ending for Wanda and Vision there but I do believe that somewhere down the line, even if Vision is killed off again, he will be brought back and reunited with Wanda. We know Wanda has a big role in Doctor Strange 2 which sounds to me like she'll be trying to bring back Vision again which will lead to the Multiverse drama or maybe whoever the Big Bad is will be possessing or manipulating her there. I do hope that the MCU writers realize that audiences are rooting for Wanda and Vision to be together and they get their happy ending.

Chris has an exclusive contract with Marvel so he is only allowed to write for them but typically they only give him the occasional one-shot or anniversary story that is X-Men related. I would love to see him do something with Wanda though since he's basically never done anything with her and I'm sure he would treat her with respect. Could we get a new WandaVision book that reunites them in the comics? I'm still surprised that hasn't occurred so far since the comics nearly always try and emulate what is going on in the movies. Maybe if someone ever gets the chance to talk to him, they could ask him if he'd be interested in writing for Wanda and Vision since this is another classic comic book couple that was ripped apart for no reason and deserves to be reunited.

Indeed I could not have really said it better Whitecrown and indeed Welcome to Wanda's Thread!

It is sometimes hard to believe, just a few years ago ideas like these where Head Fantasy hoping for the Best Glory and Love for our Wanda, but just getting by month after month in the Comics where the best to hope for. To say she have one of the Best Actresses in the MCU Pioneering what is now the 1st MCU TV Show on one of the Biggest Platforms in Streaming and Growing in the World for one of the Most Important and Historic companies in the World Disney ~~~~ That is Truly a Cinderalla Story Come to Life, but one that is not Given but was Made!

Truly the effect Wanda is Having on the General Public and Fanbases is Glorious to a WorldWide Level. What I am likely about this and what you said Perfectly is that we are Seeing a Woman that is not just another hero, but one that is Truly an Underdog being shaped by the events around her threw true trials of Lose, Grief and True Struggle, a Heroes Journey to Dicover Herself and to Face both Darkness that is in all of us inside of herself as well as the Darkness around her it making People Scramble to see the next episode that it is overloading the Streaming Severious, that is UNBELIVABLE!

The World is Seeing both by the MCU, Miss Olsen and the Showrunners and the Lore of Wanda Maximoff Herself in the building of a New Yet Very Classic Kind of Woman Superhero and Character.

Allot of the Internet has been Hyped for Wanda Since Endgame and the Thanos Fight and more and more seem to be embracing her as a Major Lady they want to Love and Support and see what she can do and allot of it is based on the comic and not just the darker parts, but her connections to her powers, her kids, Vision, her family and her heritage.

The Nexus Point alone is meaning in and of itself and if the Show goes with even Part of the Lore with Wanda Her importance to the MCU is going to Skyrocket!

We have to wait and see, but by all words our Wanda will be ok and Stronger after these Trails in WandaVision and with that Fans and the General Public will witness a Lady come into herown as her Title Hero Name like Never Before, being an Underdog with so much against her, a Lady who not by easy or by basic storytelling but by resolve and tough work will become one of the Best We have seen and that will truly stay with fans like Endgame on HyperMode!

Indeed if all goes to the postive, we are in for Maybe the Most Important time in Wanda's Character Career!
    Thank you for the warm welcome! I've posted here before but as someone who is primarily an X-Fan and not interested at all in the current Hickman run, I didn't see much of a reason to be active until WandaVision.

I'm so glad that WandaVision became the first Disney+ MCU show to debut. I know that role was supposed to go to Falcon and the Winter Soldier but I was vocal on here about the fact that the first show will always get more hype and attention and I'd much rather that go towards Wanda. In fact, I'd worry about all the shows that have to follow in its footsteps because of how high the bar has been raised. It's pretty telling that WandaVision has the highest critical ratings out of any MCU project.

I didn't even bother much with the MCU until I heard that Wanda and Pietro were being cast for Age of Ultron since they were the first two characters I cared about who were finally making the leap to the big screen. I still remember how exhilarating it was to see that scene where Vision carries off Wanda at the end because I never in my wildest dreams thought we would see Wanda and Vision as a couple on the big screen but suddenly it was happening. And frankly, the best parts in Infinity War were the Wanda/Vision scenes and I saw how even with all the characters and everything going on, general audiences really connected to Wanda and Vision's romance. They were the heart of the story and Marvel recognized that enough to give them their own personal showcase which they have totally deserved.

It is so important to see women represented like this on the big screen, women who have power and want power but also want to find love and have a family because the two things are not mutually exclusive. We've come from one-dimensional portrayals where a woman can only find fulfillment in finding a husband to the opposite extreme where she is only considered empowered if she isn't going to fall in love but that's just as equally wrong. Patty Jenkins said it best when she said that the most sexist thing that happened was the fact that male heroes were always allowed to save the day and get the girl but female heroes weren't allowed to get the guy at the end. They always had to pick and choice but Wanda is showing that you can have it all and you deserve to have it all. And if your love does die, you don't just stoically stand there and move on (looking at Rey and how she wasn't allowed to mourn Ben Solo's death), you're allowed to be angry and upset and if you have the power, you should bring your lost love back like Wanda did.

I am seeing so many male fans who think Wanda is acting unfair or ungrateful and she should be punished for her actions, because this idea of seeing a woman want to be selfish and indulge in the power she has and the love she wants is so foreign to them. It astounds me that some of these fans think Agent Hayward is the reasonable one whereas Wanda is the villain, but I do hope that over time, they are introduced to more Wandas like this so they can become normalized to it, because I am 99% positive that if they saw the gender-flipped versions, they wouldn't have any issue. If Wanda was male, they would be rooting for her and wouldn't find her problematic at all whereas a female Agent Hayward would be called an expletive. Elizabeth Olsen's Wanda has opened the floodgates for new storytelling and she's paving the path for more superheroines after her, which I think is a great legacy considering how abysmally she was treated in the comics in the 2000s, as to this day she is taunted as being crazy and evil and how she should "burn for her crimes." Well now the general public has taken our side and decided that Wanda hasn't committed any crimes at all, she's perfectly justified in everything she is doing, and she deserves the happy ending she has so valiantly fought for.

Extraordinary Member

Well, I find it sexist that men are allowed to deal with their grief like normal persons wise the ladies tend to get pretty hysterical.
    Honestly I am just not a fan of Wanda lashing out on people due to trauma simply because AD/HOM are one gigantic mess.
    If anything I will always prefer A Study in Scarlet approach, all Wanda asked for is the possibility, the proof of not having a doomed fate in pursuing a happy life, it rather suits her power set and personal theme I guess.

I would be interested to see a Wanda book by Claremont.

Digibash Marvel Legends MCU White Vision
    https://www.deviantart.com/leokearon...sion-871044853
    Could we see this in WandaVision?