Page 655 of 774 FirstFirst ... 155555605645651652653654655656657658659665705755 ... LastLast
Results 9,811 to 9,825 of 11598

Scarlet Witching hasn't liked movie Wanda from the word go. They refused to post anything about the movies. And a lot of it for good reason. But they are gonna be suspicious of the MCU's handling off the bat. I think it's also easy to give into despair as a Scarlet Witch fan.

Kevin Feige has said that he's also inspired by Bronze age comics as well. And some of that has been reflected from character depictions. Infinity Gauntlet/War itself is pre-2000s. So I think he takes from different eras. For Wanda and Strange, there wouldn't be any other comics reference to Wanda and Strange going at it other than AD. And I feel like WandaVision was already as close as they are gonna get with replicating that era. People forget that there have been other times that Wanda and Strange have worked together. Specifically about the Darkhold too.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

baumblume

I’d say Wanda is more an anti-hero than a villain. She still wants to do good

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    I’d say Wanda is more an anti-hero than a villain. She still wants to do good
    The rumors are that she's going full villain. But they are from sites that sometimes get stuff right, and sometimes wrong.

Wanda is a Chaotic Neutral

Extraordinary Member

MCU Wanda is definitely more on the anti-hero side than her comics counterpart. She and Pietro willingly helped Ultron while the comics versions did nothing but complain about how they were stuck with Magneto. And she acted selfishly in her show, she didn't want to believe that she was making the townspeople miserable because then she'd have to let them go and lose everything yet again.

That's a far cry from being a villain, though, or even an Avengers Disassembled/House of M type of situation. The people told her they were miserable and she immediately let them go. So far she always does the right thing in the end, it just takes her a while to do it, and people can identify with that because we're not perfect and we don't always think of the other person first. I think I prefer the Avengers comics version who was more of a traditional hero, but it's not a bad take, unless they throw that all away and make her a villain. Which just sounds really hard to believe, because I don't think MCU viewers want her to be a villain any more than they want her to be a pure selfless hero. But as usual we'll have to wait and see.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The rumors are that she's going full villain. But they are from sites that sometimes get stuff right, and sometimes wrong.
    I still greatly air on more wrong then right, these sites still bleed the ideals of click bait and you always get more hits with negative then positive news about anything and I don’t much care what they got right before it still seems pretty solid Wanda will be ok and just be at worst going threw dark moments to get to the light.

More so over that even if the sites are taking pictures from the movie after what we saw in the new Spider-Man trailer even Strangest makes such a choice that could be misconstrued as being bad before context is given so I would not worried much in the least for any of my fellow fans.

Heck just the merchandise alone screams against villain role alone!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

To be fair I have hella Thanos merchandise. Oh and Hela merch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    To be fair I have hella Thanos merchandise. Oh and Hela merch as well.
    Indeed, but my point is it is hard to consider Wanda in DS2 as the “VILLAIN” when some of the most prominent 1st seem mechanize is their logos together like a team or a union. I
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed, but my point is it is hard to consider Wanda in DS2 as the “VILLAIN” when some of the most prominent 1st seem mechanize is their logos together like a team or a union. I
    I didn't even know Strange had a logo, or they merged it with Wanda's good catch.

While it's just a rumor... Yes, she could be seen as the villain but I think there is also room for her to more of an antagonist while also having a relatable reason for being the antagonist of the film. I don't think she'll be what most sites are assuming she is.

I think she's probably going to be focused on getting her kids back, no matter the consequences, but Stephen might be able to talk her into calming down and helping them so they can all get what they want.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she's probably going to be focused on getting her kids back, no matter the consequences, but Stephen might be able to talk her into calming down and helping them so they can all get what they want.
    I think also Steven might be facing down some demons figuratively in this movie too cause of what we got out of the Spider-Man No Way Home Trailer if events are still a mess in the multiverse he might be trying to clean up and come to terms with those events and the after effects of them.

In the end they can disagreements and some fights with each other but I believe this would be a journey point to help bring them and Miss America together as a team in the right side!

That's probably the most logical course. I doubt she'll be trying to kill other kids or whatever the hell that one "leak" went into. These theories are getting crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's probably the most logical course. I doubt she'll be trying to kill other kids or whatever the hell that one "leak" went into. These theories are getting crazy.
    Indeed GenericUsername , I always try to apply the philosophy of Occam's Razor to many things in like, Wanda and the MCU being applied to the same.

The Main Definition of Occam's Razor for anyone not knowing of it is "Simpler Explanations are more Likely to be Correct; Avoid Unnecessary or Improbable Assumptions."

It is just more logical with all we have gotten that is solid in merchandising and maybe abit from actors like Miss Olsen as well the success of WandaVision that Wanda has a good chance of being fine overall, yea maybe going threw some dark story elements but that seem par for the course in the post EndGame World of MCU now.

I am not saying the worst could not happen, but it is more logical with what we have to closest solidly gotten so for it is more positive then negative for our Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

At this point I have no idea what the plot of the movie is and therefore no idea what Wanda's arc will be. From the way people are talking you'd think Strange was barely in his own movie and it was all about Wanda, which would be a) impossible and b) terrible. The actual plot of the movie has to be about Strange (even Iron Man was clearly secondary to Captain America in Civil War) and no one has even come up with a convincing fake plot.

I have my own theories about what Wanda's role in the movie will be, but we can't even guess until Marvel gives us some plot crumbs, for good or bad.