Page 160 of 774 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260660 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 11598
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking Best Thing Ever!!!

I by Random found this on my searches for Wanda and it is everything to me to see this kind of Love!

I am a Huge Anime fan and to see such an amazing song put to WandaVision for our Wanda, this is one of the best things, Wanda love is spreading all over the net and the music videos are on fire!

Please if you like this please give the creator a like, Love Wanda and Love Anime, it is like Wanda has got her own ANIME THEME!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Now I need Wanda and Vision playing Portal together.
    Does Vision fill the role of Wheatley then.(Both are "robots with British accent".)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Does Vision fill the role of Wheatley then.(Both are "robots with British accent".)
    Haha maybe, with a slightly different type of British accent.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

I want to analyze the "Scarlet Witch prophecy" since I am just into that kind of stuff.
    I love prophecies in fantasy stories since the key in them is the interpretation, there are always gonna be play on words, usually the best way to fight against prophecy is actually play along, but add some ironic twist of your own.
    So the original text of the Darkhold prophecy is:
    "The Scarlet Witch is not born, she is forged. She has no coven or need for incantation. Your power exceeds that of the Sorcerer Supreme. It’s your destiny to destroy the world."

1. "The Scarlet Witch is not born, she is forged."
    I think this sentence is more or less implying what kind of "Chosen One" this Scarlet Witch is, there are generally two types of "chosen one" characters.
    A. Chosen one until proven false.(Think about The Last Dragonborn from Skyrim, his/her status is recognized early on, and his status as the chosen one is never doubted or questioned, unless Miraak or others who can also fulfill the LDB prophecy kill and replace him/her.)
    B. Not Chosen one until proven true.(Again using an Elder Scroll example, this time Nerevarine from Morrowwind, he/she needs to pass various trials to potentially be the "chosen one", and it's very likely others who also fit the decription of that Chosen one prophecy can be the Nerevarine instead.)
    This line would suggest Scarlet Witch is type B, which would suggest Wanda is only the Scarlet Witch of the prophecy when she defeated Agatha and changed into that new costume. Agatha's line also kinda seem to indicate that when she ranted about Wanda unlishing stuff, that prophecy is not set in motion until that specific point I think.
    2.She has no coven or need for incantation:
    Pretty plain and simple I think? It differentiate between SW and regular socerers, again sorry for using Video Game examples people may or may not know. Wanda is kinda like a "Sourcerer" from Divinity Original Sin, people with innate power to wield magic power as opposed to knowledge based use of magic.
    The no coven part probably means she will have to figure things out on herself this time, I can imagine nobody in this universe is that familiar with Chthonic lore(there are characters like Ian McNee who are scholar types who specialize in those fields, which is likely not the case in MCU.)
    3. Your power exceeds that of the Sorcerer Supreme
    I don't think it's a straight up power comparison, Scarlet Witch being considered more powerful in a Darkhold prophecy is not really convincing evidence IMO.
    It's basically just Chthon throwing shade at Oshtur(or whoever the writer is in MCU.) But it's important that SW occupies a similar role for Chthon like SS for Oshtur/Vishanti. They are probably enforcers/servants/instruments of their respective deities. And Chthon would of course want his instrument to be more powerful than his rival's/
    4.It’s your destiny to destroy the world:
    This, is where the classic play on words would probably take place. Some people think it means the destruction of Wanda's own world in WV. But I do think it's foretelling a future event. The world is not specified though, will she just blow up Earth, will she just destroy the "world of men" LoTR fashion and leave it for Chthon, destroy the world and remake it? Destroy the worlds of Chthon/Elder Gods.
    The option varies and it's very unlikely she will just be the destroyer of worlds in the most generic sense. And there is always going to be "Authorial intent" vs "reader's interpretation". I am lacking imagination here so I hope writers would come up with something actually creative.

I want to analyze the "Scarlet Witch prophecy" since I am just into that kind of stuff.
    I love prophecies in fantasy stories since the key in them is the interpretation, there are always gonna be play on words, usually the best way to fight against prophecy is actually play along, but add some ironic twist of your own.
    "The Scarlet Witch is not born, she is forged. She has no coven or need for incantation. Your power exceeds that of the Sorcerer Supreme. It’s your destiny to destroy the world."

I think this sentence is more or less implying what kind of "Chosen One" this Scarlet Witch is, there are generally two types of "chosen one" characters.
    A. Chosen one until proven false.(Think about The Last Dragonborn from Skyrim, his/her status is recognized early on, and his status as the chosen one is never doubted or questioned, unless Miraak or others who can also fulfill the LDB prophecy kill and replace him/her.)
    B. Not Chosen one until proven true.(Again using an Elder Scroll example, this time Nerevarine from Morrowwind, he/she needs to pass various trials to potentially be the "chosen one", and it's very likely others who also fit the decription of that Chosen one prophecy can be the Nerevarine instead.)
    This line would suggest Scarlet Witch is type B, which would suggest Wanda is only the Scarlet Witch of the prophecy when she defeated Agatha and changed into that new costume. Agatha's line also kinda seem to indicate that when she ranted about Wanda unlishing stuff, that prophecy is not set in motion until that specific point I think.
    Pretty plain and simple I think? It differentiate between SW and regular socerers, again sorry for using Video Game examples people may or may not know. Wanda is kinda like a "Sourcerer" from Divinity Original Sin, people with innate power to wield magic power as opposed to knowledge based use of magic.
    The no coven part probably means she will have to figure things out on herself this time, I can imagine nobody in this universe is that familiar with Chthonic lore(there are characters like Ian McNee who are scholar types who specialize in those fields, which is likely not the case in MCU.)
    I don't think it's a straight up power comparison, Scarlet Witch being considered more powerful in a Darkhold prophecy is not really convincing evidence IMO.
    It's basically just Chthon throwing shade at Oshtur(or whoever the writer is in MCU.) But it's important that SW occupies a similar role for Chthon like SS for Oshtur/Vishanti. They are probably enforcers/servants/instruments of their respective deities. And Chthon would of course want his instrument to be more powerful than his rival's/
    This, is where the classic play on words would probably take place. Some people think it means the destruction of Wanda's own world in WV. But I do think it's foretelling a future event. The world is not specified though, will she just blow up Earth, will she just destroy the "world of men" LoTR fashion and leave it for Chthon, destroy the world and remake it? Destroy the worlds of Chthon/Elder Gods.
    The option varies and it's very unlikely she will just be the destroyer of worlds in the most generic sense. And there is always going to be "Authorial intent" vs "reader's interpretation". I am lacking imagination here so I hope writers would come up with something actually creative.
    Yeah the whole you are more powerful that the Sorcerer Supreme part just screams Chthon boasting to everyone that his chosen one is better than everyone else's.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah the whole you are more powerful that the Sorcerer Supreme part just screams Chthon boasting to everyone that his chosen one is better than everyone else's.
    I do think it can play well with the Slott's idea of "not uttering Chthon's name or anything related to him makes him weaker", yes it's a retcon to fix that dumb "Chaos Magic doesn't exist" line by Bendis. But I do think deities play on words/narrative/stories for actual power, the first step of their influence is to make mortals believe in a certain narrative/story.

Her hot toy comes with the Darkhold

Wanda's suit color reminds me of this

Last edited by Cruelrain; 03-09-2021 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

I pre-ordered the Hot Toys and am not sorry. Haha. I'm so excited that Wanda will be my first ever hot toys figure.

I do think it can play well with the Slott's idea of "not uttering Chthon's name or anything related to him makes him weaker", yes it's a retcon to fix that dumb "Chaos Magic doesn't exist" line by Bendis. But I do think deities play on words/narrative/stories for actual power, the first step of their influence is to make mortals believe in a certain narrative/story.
    Totally agree.

Ultimate Member

As a magic user it's a common ability

Cool. It was kinda random in WandaVision, but still cool

Talking

Thanks for this Hot Toys News Cruelrain, That CAPE, YES CAPES WANDA!

I am wondering if this is a tease of her getting a Cape like this in Doctor Strange 2!?

Either way Cruelrain, I am SO EXTACTIC Over all this Wanda Merchendise, This is the Part of Marvel and Disney that is Serious on Marketing and I LOVE IT ALL!

Thank You for all the Posts! :-D

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Smile

WOW, this is Really Impressive and was a Joy to Read MaximoffTrash, you Should be REALLY Proud of Yourself for this Indepth Work you just did on The Scarlet Witch MCU Prophecy, You should write this down on parchment paper of your own to make it part of the lore itself!

Also I like the Video Game Referances, I always enjoy them, Skyrim is on I don't know enought about so thanks for those examples, I am More Famliar with World of Warcraft and Warhammer, so any new lore form these VERY deep game lores and they are deep, WOW, so it is epic to be comparing such to Scarlet Witch in this way, Nice Job.

Also, I got a feeling both from the Darkhold style of Pages and how the lore works of a Lovecraft vibe to all of this too, which I found cool meaning you are dealing with forces beyond the Imagination that Humans can deal with, which makes such lore exciting with how they want to do DS2 and lore like this adds to what they can do with this in Cosmic Ways.

...and this is how the Queen of Chaos union of science and magic is "forged":

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

What if Wanda had started singing career in the 70's?

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”