Page 632 of 774 FirstFirst ... 132532582622628629630631632633634635636642682732 ... LastLast
Results 9,466 to 9,480 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think the second "Vision & the Scarlet Witch" series was where that was established, and of course it also suggested as a throwaway that Magda might have had magic powers that Wanda inherited. It's like the writers took all the stereotypes from Doom's backstory and gave them to Wanda.

Makes me wonder if they have some guide somewhere where they all say magic = Romani, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

lol who's assuming? That was an if. Don't put words where they aren't. Just was thinking if it didn't happen why it might not and the dissapoinment and hoping there'd at least be some reason vs Hollywood not caring at all. You don't have to go for my jugular each time. I'm a mix and it'd be nice too see her as a Romani mix or full Romani. Whew.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    lol who's assuming? That was an if. Don't put words where they aren't. Just was thinking if it didn't happen why it might not and the dissapoinment and hoping there'd at least be some reason vs Hollywood not caring at all. You don't have to go for my jugular each time. I'm a mix and it'd be nice too see her as a Romani mix or full Romani. Whew.
    It should not happen regardless. Because there are talent out there. They'd have to try casting first before not as talented as white would be an excuse. I'm not going for the jugular. I'm telling you the truth. It still would not be acceptable. Mix doesn't happen very frequently for European Romani. And I don't remember "going for the jugular" otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It should not happen regardless. Because there are talent out there. They'd have to try casting first before not as talented as white would be an excuse. I'm not going for the jugular. I'm telling you the truth. It still would not be acceptable. Mix doesn't happen very frequently for European Romani. And I don't remember "going for the jugular" otherwise.
    Definitely worried a non Romani actress will be cast and it will deservedly be a major point of contention given hollywood history. Hopefully they are a lil more understanding of the importance of that now than before I think Francesca is part Romani tho I may not have read correctly tho still won't matter as if/when it reboots Wanda would be in late teens again supposedly. It's prob a lot no way off ....... maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    Definitely worried a non Romani actress will be cast and it will deservedly be a major point of contention given hollywood history. Hopefully they are a lil more understanding of the importance of that now than before I think Francesca is part Romani tho I may not have read correctly tho still won't matter as if/when it reboots Wanda would be in late teens again supposedly. It's prob a lot no way off ....... maybe.
    I just hope Hollywood improves overall. In the future. Not just for comics related stuff.

It'll take some growth. Change always seems to be slow when it comes to minorities and social/ethical issues that need to be corrected. Never thought I'd see day that my (first/oldest of the 5 of us and I'm youngest) brother could marry his partner but it did eventually happen. Seemed to take forever- I wanted it for them so long, from when I was early/pre teens. Hollywood has seemed a lil faster than rest of world-need some major directors, writers and producers that understand the importance of it.
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 09-25-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Oh yeah, that's right. But she really doesn't need one. In WandaVision she operated her vacuum cleaner using pure magic!
    It's a joke about the Britisb butler trope really.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Tini Howard is of romani descent. I feel like she's a perfect fit for Wanda, cause besides that her Excalibur is all about magic and fantasy, she's a Billy fan, and I guess Wanda too since she said she cosplayed her when she was younger, was excited about the WandaVision teaser, and included her and the boys in some AU issue/oneshot I can't remember.
    There's also the writer Seanan Mcguire who is half-Romani. She was very excited to write about Meggan (Romanichal) in Amazing Nightcrawler, and touched a little bit of her background in some panels. I don't really know more of her work to know how she writes about magic, but from what I read in Amazing NC, I found her a very good writer.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It's a joke about the Britisb butler trope really.
    Yeah, I know. It's pretty funny how they turned Vision into a British butler-like personality in the movies.

Whoops my goof. I thought that was for actress. Read through way too fast. Yes as a writer bring her on. I saw her pic and thought well she's attractive and I like her edginess but not how I've ever pictured Wanda from her comic appearances.... but yes that's a great idea for a series. I'll look up Seanan Mcguire's work also. I so hope somehow good things/stories set in motion for her now.

Makes me wonder if they have some guide somewhere where they all say magic = Romani, lol.
    It's probably call The Big Book of Europe, written by someone who has never been to Europe and got all his info from watching movies

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It's probably call The Big Book of Europe, written by someone who has never been to Europe and got all his info from watching movies
    Likely lol. Misleading books by people who either claim to be Romani or claim to have lived around Romani do exist. It's an odd thing.

Likely lol. Misleading books by people who either claim to be Romani or claim to have lived around Romani do exist. It's an odd thing.
    Too true, I was also making reference to Star Trek: Voyager.

Extraordinary Member

We are only 6 months to Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
    Ideas of mean words to say to fan theorists.(You know the type I am talking about.) I feel like being a shitty person again, sorry not sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    We are only 6 months to Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
    Ideas of mean words to say to fan theorists.(You know the type I am talking about.) I feel like being a shitty person again, sorry not sorry.

Again? When did you ever stop?
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!