Page 93 of 774 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193593 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 11598

Paul Bettany reveals that the top-secret actor he teased for WandaVision wasn’t Evan Peters.

“There is one character that has not been revealed and it is very exciting, it's an actor I've longed to work with all of my life.”

(Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o8E5g7...ature=youtu.be)

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah we know what made it complicated. I think just medium based alone it's a lot easier to have them use their powers to age themselves up.
    Yeah, I think that's the route Marvel Studios is taking. And I think fans will understand it better than reincarnations.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Paul Bettany reveals that the top-secret actor he teased for WandaVision wasn’t Evan Peters.

“There is one character that has not been revealed and it is very exciting, it's an actor I've longed to work with all of my life.”

(Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o8E5g7...ature=youtu.be)
    Could be: Daniel Day-Lewis, Gary Oldman, Sean Penn, Kevin Bacon, Mark Hamill, Woody Harrelson, Bruce Willis or Denzel Washington?
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-18-2021 at 05:55 PM.

D7CAF236-8B49-4245-874F-C4CE709E71E0.jpg
    Strange Academy #9 variant cover by @Muaadib on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post

Strange Academy #9 variant cover by @Muaadib on Twitter
    So good

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

What I have been coming to the Realization of about with WandaVision slowly and still we have 3 episodes left so, so much can still can happen is that as the Showrunners have said this is about a Woman confronting Trauma and Grief and learning how does one heal from it. It is about not the MCU Repeating the Sins of the Past like with Avengers Dissembles and HoM but giving referance to those and making their own versions of both that and Other Key Wanda Stories to mold into their own Version of Explaining Who Wanda is by her journey in the MCU up to this point as well as blending Elments of her 616 version into the MCU, a Blended Mix of both Characters to come up with the Defining Aspects of her by the end of this story to then go forward.

If done Right and to Our Hopes, Wanda will come out of this as a Better and More complete character then we have ever seen her in the past MCU showings, which will be a Very Heavly Good Thing cause it will make her more deep for all fans and help her to define her place in both the MCU, The General and Fan Public and Hopefully it will effect the Comics as well postivily, we hope at least.

But for Wanda to do this she has to Go Threw Trauma and Greif, a REAL Thing most of use in our lives have to deal with on different basses and we each of had different reactions too, sometimes never the best off. This Makes Wanda feel More like a Real Person, not some character just cut and pasted with the Wiki Text Hsitory of who she is on the Screen, but a Real Wanda Maximoff both born from the Comics and molded by events that have effects Many,Many, MANY people in the Real World.

This Gains as the story goes along a More Increasing Sympothy for Wanda as she is seen struggling to come to terms with a very human thing. It is not something to be used as being ashame of or weak, that you don't deserved to be called a hero or a person like Bendis shamefully did all that time ago, showing Comics don't get this subject really well when written by as just an easy out.

But it is Un-Human to belief all this can be blown over and no bad effects either, that heroes don't get this, they do. Our MCU Heroes have shown this with great empathy and feeling already, we already have seen this with Tony Stark with his PTSD, The GotG Adopted Family Problems, Star Lords Parent issues, Steve feeling like a man lost in world he struggles to be apart in, Black Widow's past in trying to overcome it, it goes much more on. This is why I think the MCU has been FAR more successful then many other movie brands cause they have taken the time to mold their heroes that they are not only Heroic, but faulty and have plagues of their own that get more and more complex as Marvel Studios feel more fredom to experiment with new complex ideas that can be darker, but still retain the ideas these are good people to can strive to the time to grow and become heroes, Their Journey is Human!

This is a FAR Cry from the Comics and this is My Main Point of Not just what we See our Wanda going threw and our Worry of the past sins repeating itselfs on the Show, but also the Trauma Wanda's character suffered from that abuse and our worry it will effect her again. That as far cry from the comics that this show is, that it still will overcome the writting and they skate off to the Darkside for out Wanda and she be gone from our hopes both in Film and in Comics, like it was so many years ago.

That confronting this story is for Wanda in the MCU is to more greatly confront the Trauma that her Character has been dealing with for a better part of a Decade and 1/2 and that our major worries are is that if she is again to confront it in the show that they might not let her overcome it and do it again to her, history will repeast itself.

That is where our worry truly is, even being in the Best of Hopes with the Evidance we have of the most likely postive outcomes, this is where our Worries truly stems from.

That no matter How Postive or How Strong we all may be for Each other and for Our Wanda ~~ That we share personally in that Shared Trauma with her as fans, that we are scard by the feelings of Betrayal, the feelings of lies, the feelings of smearing, the feelings that our hero for so long was an outcast by the Very Company that made her. That we have our Trauma's over that and we worry about having that happen again and when you consider it like that, It is Perfectly OK to feel worry, doubt, uneasy, wondering if things will be ok cause we have been threw this before in different ways with Wanda's character.

SO THEN ~~~~~ If this is a Story about Healing, about confronting Trauma, about confronting Grief, about confronting pains of the past, it is not just a journey that our MCU Wanda is on or Wanda overall in general, it is a journey WE as Wanda Fans are on with her as well.

It is about Confronting these stories that have been used to define to Negatively in the past and to have another chance to say, YEA, these stories can be done, BUT in the right way, in the Way that is about Confronting these issues and NOT as a Lazy Plot Device or Vechile to be used to more a company in a new status quo while not caring about who got hurt and used wrongly.

That this is a Moment we should Lay Down All of our Worries and Feelings to let go of that Pain of the past as fans, that when and hope that when we see the bigger picture finally, the final Trials of MCU Wanda Maximoff that if is truly or even close enought to being true to a Postive outcome, a Heroic and Deep character one of Wanda that we want to see come out of it, that is shines as an example NOT only onto her character overall, but Onto OURSELVES as Fans that their is indeed the Right-Way and the Wrong-Way to use a character, HER Character!

That bad moments are not born cause a character is bad, but that the writer's vision was bad, that that is where the blame must be layed down on and stayed finally.

Indeed When this Happens, a Hope this Happens, a Cautious Optimisum that it happens, that we strive as fans to heal ourselves from some of our worries over Wanda and find what Strenght and Beauty their is in a character that has to confront the hardest parts of herself to then comeout better and more magnificent then before and that what makes a character stick postive with many and shine as a light for Heroes and those that support them as Fans.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Could be: Daniel Day-Lewis, Gary Oldman, Sean Penn, Kevin Bacon, Mark Hamill, Woody Harrelson, Bruce Willis or Denzel Washington?
    Funnily enough Hamill has played the voices for Chthon and Nightmare in the past.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Not sure what's giving you this impression, 'cause nothing about this particularly screams Wanda to me. It's a normal wedding dress and the colors are from the Laverian flag. She doesn't even have a face. If anything, the black hair seems to rule Wanda out, because she is almost never drawn with hair that dark.
    I just saw people speculating it on twitter. I guess at the shock of the moment it really seemed like Wanda to me. The fact that they were supposed to be interacting (though against each other) in Darkhold could both ruin or support the idea lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Funnily enough Hamill has played the voices for Chthon and Nightmare in the past.
    When did he voice Chthon?

We know from the WandaVision spots that Wanda's powers will look different in the next episodes

Extraordinary Member

If they ever actually say "chaos magic" in the next two episodes I will lose it. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but after spoilers:
    that "Nexus" commercial, it does seem like the writers are at least aware of a lot of hardcore Scarlet Witch lore... though that doesn't mean they'll use all of the lore. Or, for that matter, Lore.
    end of spoilers

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If they ever actually say "chaos magic" in the next two episodes I will lose it. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but after spoilers:
    that "Nexus" commercial, it does seem like the writers are at least aware of a lot of hardcore Scarlet Witch lore... though that doesn't mean they'll use all of the lore. Or, for that matter, Lore.
    end of spoilers
    I think that was a good indication they are at least aware of the lore, we just have to see how they use it if at all, BUT this moment got that ball rolling at lease.

But I feel the conversation;

spoilers:
    When Agatha said Wanda was not the ONLY MAGICAL GIRL in the neighborhood (I Got Anime/Sailor Moon gritty over that comment), is that it felt like that panel in Avengers vol. 3 when Agatha told Wanda about Chaos Magic had that same vibe here. It is that likely Agatha knows more about Wanda’s abilities then she does herself.
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think that the nexus commercial was more of a signal of Agatha starting to take over Westview. All previous commercials were about past things related to movie Wanda (Hydra, Stucker, Stark...). Never in the movie the concept of Nexus was associated to Wanda before
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    spoilers:
    I think that the nexus commercial was more of a signal of Agatha starting to take over Westview. All previous commercials were about past things related to movie Wanda (Hydra, Stucker, Stark...). Never in the movie the concept of Nexus was associated to Wanda before
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well, the voiceover still seemed very much like it was addressed to Wanda, but unlike the other commercials it was actually talking to her about things she should be doing like letting herself feel her feelings and accepting that the world doesn't revolve around her.

And since Wanda has never been associated with magic in the MCU before -- as Jimmy summed it up, her powers were just supposed to be telekinetic and telepathic abilities the Mind Stone gave her -- I'm guessing we and she will be learning a lot of new things about her in the next two weeks.
    end of spoilers

By @SebastianPiriz