Page 623 of 774 FirstFirst ... 123523573613619620621622623624625626627633673723 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,345 of 11598

Wanda is only Romani when it's convenient for rep. Any other time she is a basic white woman in everyway.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    nah-Not to mention it’s getting REALLY hard for me to cheer for the “hero” that has done all the **** she has up to this point
    If you are a fan of comic Wanda you should be used to that... Since they just used a bit of the story of HoM with the HEX, watered down thank god.

honestly i find it kinda hypocrite when people who like comicbook Wanda act like MCU Wanda is the worst human being when there are other comic stories (that we hate here) that made Wanda do the worst thing possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    honestly i find it kinda hypocrite when people who like comicbook Wanda act like MCU Wanda is the worst human being when there are other comic stories (that we hate here) that made Wanda do the worst thing possible.
    It's not really about her being the worst human or anything. That's only the dudebros' argument. For people who like comics Wanda, it's usually about the whitewashing and/or Elizabeth being problematic (saying the gword and etc). And then some people just hide behind that when they hate her for other reasons or just joined a bandwagon (it's lowkey "cool" on some twitter circles to hate MCU Wanda and be a woke comics stan). Used to be a bit about her being "MCU Jean Grey" back when her powers were supposedly just TK/TP and then the red hair too.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think having Monica constantly defend/worry about Wanda made both characters look worse. Imagine the finale without the "they'll never know what you sacrificed" line and people would be less angry, not only at Monica, but at Wanda.

Wanda did make a huge sacrifice because Vision and her kids were not illusions, they were real. She had no right to hurt other people to keep them alive, though, and she accepted that, but it didn't erase the harm she caused. So they intended to have Monica say something like "I understand what you sacrificed," but it came out as sounding like Wanda's victims should be grateful to her. It was kind of a mess honestly and probably created more backlash against Wanda.

It does depress me to think that after Wanda accepted she had no right to hurt people to keep her kids alive, she might (might, I said) do more bad things to get them back. But then it's not her movie, so I'm almost resigned that she might be more of a plot device in Strange's movie and get her own story again when they do another series.
    If they were going to have Monica stand up for and defend Wanda as much as she did then she really should have been less culpable in Westview than she ultimately was to make it feel justified other than both going through shared loss. Especially when Monica never even got through to Wanda, it was Agatha who forced her to actually do anything about fixing Westview.

yeah it's bad that they erased her ethnicity but i still can't negate that what the MCU version brought to the character was still positive like: more fans and merch that she ever had, featured in blockbuster movies and i would say that WandaVision made Wanda and the Scarlet Witch a more well known name for the general public which still unbelievable for a character that suffered a lot during HoM and all the time she was in limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Wanda is only Romani when it's convenient for rep. Any other time she is a basic white woman in everyway.
    I don't know that Marvel consciously does this like this. I think they are just really ignorant.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

yeah it's bad that they erased her ethnicity but i still can't negate that what the MCU version brought to the character was still positive like: more fans and merch that she ever had, featured in blockbuster movies and i would say that WandaVision made Wanda and the Scarlet Witch a more well known name for the general public which still unbelievable for a character that suffered a lot during HoM and all the time she was in limbo.
    There are indeed multiple facets. I do hope Hollywood eventually gets to a point (and Marvel too) where they understand that Romani aren't white girls that dress like they are going to Coachella. I am glad Wanda is widely popular though. I hope that eventually we can have both. Maybe in a future generation.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 09-20-2021 at 06:17 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    nah-Not to mention it’s getting REALLY hard for me to cheer for the “hero” that has done all the **** she has up to this point
    Great, then I want her connection to Magneto gone as for good, HoM along with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's not really about her being the worst human or anything. That's only the dudebros' argument. For people who like comics Wanda, it's usually about the whitewashing and/or Elizabeth being problematic (saying the gword and etc). And then some people just hide behind that when they hate her for other reasons or just joined a bandwagon (it's lowkey "cool" on some twitter circles to hate MCU Wanda and be a woke comics stan). Used to be a bit about her being "MCU Jean Grey" back when her powers were supposedly just TK/TP and then the red hair too.
    Would be more consistant if they hate comic book Mag as well, but sadly they call her relationship with Vision toxic for some reasons, they don't even try to pretend to be comic readers.
    Then again, people who actually care about her comic history is a minority anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it's a matter of survival for her character.
    Outsiders can act high and mighty because they don't actually want anything with Wanda, there is no stake what so ever. They can do without it just fine as long as she us pure.
    This also goes for some HoM fans, who cares about her right to content as long as she plays happy family with Magneto?
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-20-2021 at 06:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There are indeed multiple facets. I do hope Hollywood eventually gets to a point (and Marvel too) where they understand that Romani aren't white girls that dress like they are going to Coachella. I am glad Wanda is widely popular though. I hope that eventually we can have both. Maybe in a future generation.
    Yeah, given that her character is still relevant in future generation. She will need all the popularity and resources she needs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Romani really needs better representation, It's almost impossible to find good representation on this group.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    New WW2 era Captain America series could be adding new depth to the Scarlet Witch family tree
    https://www.gamesradar.com/captain-a...he-ghost-army/

The article suggests that Andrei Maximoff is Wanda's grandfather the Scarlet Warlock.
    When we're getting more relevant Maximoff content from a Captain America OGN than from the actual book Wanda is appearing currently.... Anyway, I hope this is canon to the 616 universe. I find it so weird that her solo book had no follow-up, despite being well received. They never even bothered to address the whole situation about her father and the death of Natalya. I hope this gives us some answers, even if I'm not expecting much (after all, it's not a Wanda book).

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    When we're getting more relevant Maximoff content from a Captain America OGN than from the actual book Wanda is appearing currently.... Anyway, I hope this is canon to the 616 universe. I find it so weird that her solo book had no follow-up, despite being well received. They never even bothered to address the whole situation about her father and the death of Natalya. I hope this gives us some answers, even if I'm not expecting much (after all, it's not a Wanda book).
    I don't understand why she doesn't have another solo. I do hope eventually she gets another.