Page 104 of 774 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    Oh Marvel editorial absolutely hates Wanda and Vision. I believe when that creative council nonsense was around for the MCU, they fought including these two characters.

Thankfully Feige saw away to that/
    Wasn't the Marvel Creative Committee disbanded a few years back? So many comic book creators have absolutely NO idea how to make good movies and shows.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Like I said in another post, Wanda is approaching her Rock Bottom moment when she is likely going to confront all her grief and pain and the reality of the truth of he situation she is in.

I keep thinking that Agatha is playing this either to help Wanda come to terms with herself or Agatha is possessed and has to be freed.

Either way our Wanda is at her most stuggling point here and it is in moments like these that HEROES are Molded and Born!
    oh that would be a disappointment. Agatha has potential to be a delightful villian and with 2 episodes left, it would be anticlimatic to reveal another twist that she's a victim that needs to be saved. They literally just did that with 7 episodes for Wanda and would be overkill to do it again with another woman

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    oh that would be a disappointment. Agatha has potential to be a delightful villian and with 2 episodes left, it would be anticlimatic to reveal another twist that she's a victim that needs to be saved. They literally just did that with 7 episodes for Wanda and would be overkill to do it again with another woman
    Yeah, please no more plot twists and gimmicky surprise reveals at this late stage of the game. Things have to get SIMPLER, not more complicated as we get near the end of the series. Although I still believe one more villain is yet to be revealed. And that character will be intimately connected with the Multiverse of Madness. I don't think Agatha is a "baddie" though. The way they revealed her true nature seemed a little bit too convenient for me. She might be the female answer to Loki in the MCU.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-22-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I disagree but mostly because I don't like making heroic characters into villains (I'm OK with the opposite). Agatha is a great character in the comics because she seems creepy and does creepy things, but she's always trying to help people understand and control their powers -- first Franklin Richards, then Wanda.* I'd much rather see her help MCU Wanda understand her abilities and left the real villainy to someone else, like Ralph or even Dottie.

But we'll see. Anything's better than Wanda being the villain, but I think Agatha's song seemed like Wanda's theme songs -- not a lie, just not the whole truth.

*I just realized both of Agatha's main charges are mutants who have recently been retconned into not being mutants. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, please no more plot twists and gimmicky surprise reveals at this late stage of the game. Things have to get SIMPLER, not more complicated as we get near the end of the series. Although I still believe one more villain is yet to be revealed. And that character will be intimately connected with the Multiverse of Madness. I don't think Agatha is a "baddie" though. The way how they revealed her true nature seemed a little bit too convenient for me. She might be the female answer to Loki in the MCU.
    Agreed she's not really the baddie just a bit of a red herring although someone with her own motives. It's clear to me that something is happening.

Agatha is not the type though and as others said would be a huge deviation from her characters origin as a mentor to Wanda. It doesn't necessarily need to be treated like a twist and be anti-climatic. Nor...does she need to be a victim there's a difference between being under someone's control like Agatha is to Wanda and being influenced by a greater force. With similar goals.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I disagree but mostly because I don't like making heroic characters into villains (I'm OK with the opposite). Agatha is a great character in the comics because she seems creepy and does creepy things, but she's always trying to help people understand and control their powers -- first Franklin Richards, then Wanda.* I'd much rather see her help MCU Wanda understand her abilities and left the real villainy to someone else, like Ralph or even Dottie.

But we'll see. Anything's better than Wanda being the villain, but I think Agatha's song seemed like Wanda's theme songs -- not a lie, just not the whole truth.

*I just realized both of Agatha's main charges are mutants who have recently been retconned into not being mutants. Weird.
    Which i think has been one of the main underpinnings theme-wise of this show.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 02-22-2021 at 10:13 PM.

More of a disappointment would be Wanda losing her mentor and only existing maternal influence in her life. I'm prepared should she be the real villain, but not counting on it. Especially with that book there.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    More of a disappointment would be Wanda losing her mentor and only existing maternal influence in her life. I'm prepared should she be the real villain, but not counting on it. Especially with that book there.
    That would suck and Doctor Strange is not a good replacement IMO he's perfect for building upon a more stable wanda - scarlet witch. But not as the foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Comic book writers hate all married couples. So I don't expect marriages to last in comics unless it's Reed's and Sue's.
    That's very true but there are couples who have been reunited without being married. They could have brought Wanda and Vision back together just as an umarried romantic couple, but they didn't even go that route in decades now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I'm starting to think the same but just against Wanda, Jim also Said on Twitter that After both Avengers: No Surrender and No Road Home he pitched Wanda-centered projects, but unfortunately neither one came to fruition at the time.

Also The Darkhold Alpha book... Let's say Marvel don't care about Wanda but Dr Doom was also in the event, to me Doom it's an important character he's been in many events like... i still don't understand why are they not releasing that comic, when Wanda is really hot in this moment to be used by comic writers thanks to the WandaVision exposure.
    Someone posted that tweet in this thread a few pages back and how Wanda and Vision have not been included together except in four of the issues he wrote. It is very bizarre that they didn't get the Darkhold event ready in time for WandaVision, even with the pandemic going on.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Maybe Marvel Editorial needs a cleaning out, they sound like a bunch of Old Men that still don't get what this Rock and Roll thing is all about or something.

Seriously, if their is any grumpy hostility not only to Wanda and Vision, but Wanda Alone it needed to be called out fast cause that is no way to run a company if you are pesting a character just cause you don't like them, the unprofessional and childlike attitude like that does not belong, Act Like Adults and Love for what you do cause you are the luckest people in the world.
    They really do. Their treatment of female characters is abysmal whether it's in the X-Side of the Universe with how they treat Jean, Ororo, Betsy, or Lorna, or with Mary Jane in Spider-Man. And Wanda is the poster child for it especially since she is part of Marvel's hottest and biggest project right now, but you'd never know going by the comics side of things.

It's clear there is an issue with Wanda and Vision as a couple but they seem very reluctant to acknowledge Wanda as an individual character as well. I think I didn't notice that the past few years because of the issues with the Fox rights so I assumed they were stingy about using her because of that, but that's not the case anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    Oh Marvel editorial absolutely hates Wanda and Vision. I believe when that creative council nonsense was around for the MCU, they fought including these two characters.

Thankfully Feige saw away to that/
    I am disgusted to hear this but not at all shocked. I remember reading too that it was very difficult to get permission to use Wanda, Pietro, and Vision for AoU as there was a lot of resistance towards them. So glad the comic hacks failed against Feige. He is a true visionary.

I always liked Agatha in the comics so I would like to see a positive portrayal of her in the MCU as well, but then again, we have very few female villains and Hela and Ghost were both not memorable, so that might raise Agatha's popularity if she becomes as beloved as Loki or Thanos.

Great catch about both Franklin and Wanda. Both of them are better off now considering how rabid the X-Fans have been towards both characters and their families.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Yes, this whole episode is about Wanda having depressions. In a “don’t blink or you will miss it moment” it even shows Wanda taking pills. To me that seems to be the first time they take something from Robinsons “Scarlet Witch” – run. Certainly that is not from Brian Michael Bendis, who showed no understanding for physiological issues. In the state she was in, Wanda giving her kids away for presumably a few hours, to a person she trusts, only makes her feel more realistic to me.

But I am a bit disappointed that every time Marvel tackles physiological issues, it starts out great, but then it becomes comedy. It was like that with Tony in “Ironman 3”, with Thor in “Endgame”, and now this here. This was still mainly a comedy episode, after all. But anything is better than what Bendis did to Wanda. A long time ago someone here suggested that if they do “House of M”, they should do a parody of it. All this here isn’t far from that, is it? Sure there is some seriousness in this series, but for the most part it just has fun with the concept of “House of M”, and has fun with Wanda’s character, as opposed to being a total disgrace to Wanda, like when Bendis did it originally.
    Don't you mean psychological issues, not physiological? Other than that (damn intuitive text!)

you're very spot on. And yeah, Bendis has/had no credibility in dealing with this.

It is hard to keep thinking, but

if not for DA and HoM, this could be quite different, or certainly better.
    Yes, I keep messing those two up and of course auto-correct can't warn me about that.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I suggest many to watch this video below about episode 7 of WandaVision, cause if the show even only have this smart and deep as it is getting at, then it is truly a show that is smarter then it has to be, but special for them giving it to the fans and the world to tell.

Last edited by CJStriker; 02-23-2021 at 05:18 AM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I've always been a devoted Agatha fan since I was early teens and read FF # 94 that introduced her. As I already thought of myself as a Witch, Wiccan back then and since, it was cool, even if more Hollywood than the reality.

But I think when you make 'Witches' be thousands of years old; back to Atlantis even, well, you might as well say Agatha is an Eternal maybe, or some something really not human, which to me, Witches are more likely to be. I don't care about Salem origins; par for the course of course!

So maybe MCU Agatha won't be that. But I 'm not the only one who thinks AH's purple color has more to do with an Infinity Stone, and therein lies another clue perhaps.

Someone mentioned female Loki; now wouldn't that be a hoot.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Then make her a gray character with her own ulterior motives. I think it does her a disservice to make her a victim and lose all agency bc she is being controlled. Its literally what we just saw with Wanda and it would be cringeworthy to do that to another female. I can totally be down with a bigger villian but dont write Agatha as being possessed and needing to be saved. That would be terrible
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-23-2021 at 10:19 AM.

Tom Holland calls WandaVision his 'favorite Marvel thing'

'It's really difficult for me to not ask [Kevin Feige] the questions I want the answers to'

"I am obsessed with 'WandaVision'. It's so difficult because obviously I'm on a Marvel set at the moment. So all of the producers are there, and I could just go up to Kevin Feige and be like, 'So what happens? What's going on?' It's really difficult for me to not ask the questions I want the answers to, but I'm loving it. And I think, honestly, it's for me, my favorite Marvel thing I've seen, because it really makes you think about 'What am I watching? What's going to happen? Where are they going to take this?' I love that they brought back the idea of releasing an episode a week. I think it requires the caliber and the quality of the show to be better because you need to keep people engaged for a longer period of time. So I'm loving it. I'm absolutely loving it."

(LINK to the note Collider: http://bit.ly/2ZOFVSt)