Page 106 of 774 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206606 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of that Marvel Team-Up issue with Spidey and Wanda/Vision...
    that would be the one where they ended up in Old Salem. The Dark Rider? or someone called similar. I loved that story.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Agatha could be like a female Loki character.
    I could see that, I can see Disney noting Kathryn Hahn's popularity on social media and enthusiasm for the role and the character returning in some shape or form. Perhaps as an untrustworthy ally, much like Loki was to Thor in his later appearances.

The MCU doesn't have to ape the 616 though. Agatha could really be nothing more than an antagonist for Wanda. Wanda has worked as a character just fine in the MCU without a mentor. She could just as easily pursue her studies of witchcraft on her own.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think true crimes ever result in forgiveness. That's not really a good equivalence to comics where death is like a weekend trip.

Wanda did cause Shulkie to rip Vision apart, but, Wanda was also possessed by the Life Force and not herself. And Vision can be rebuilt. He's long since forgiven her and they are good friends.
    Yeah, it's not a great comparison. I was just joking about how in real life former partners are more likely to kill each other than former couples in the comic books. I'm glad everybody's on good terms now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I could see that, I can see Disney noting Kathryn Hahn's popularity on social media and enthusiasm for the role and the character returning in some shape or form. Perhaps as an untrustworthy ally, much like Loki was to Thor in his later appearances.

The MCU doesn't have to ape the 616 though. Agatha could really be nothing more than an antagonist for Wanda. Wanda has worked as a character just fine in the MCU without a mentor. She could just as easily pursue her studies of witchcraft on her own.
    Yeah, I can see that happening. As I've said MANY times before, I don't mind it when the movies/shows deviate from the comic books. If the changes make the characters and stories better, I'm totally okay with the alterations. Hahn is very charismatic. I wanted her to appear more often in WandaVision before Episode 7, but she sort of was neglected after Episode 2, and I HATED that. I like her chemistry with Olsen and Bettany. I've mentioned previously she's one of the few broads that's actually ever made me laugh. I think WandaVision has IMPROVED Wanda and Vision as characters. Wanda was so jolly and charming in the earlier episodes, and now she's become a little bit unhinged (but not in an obnoxious way). A somewhat decent portrayal of mental illness coming from Wanda there (as far as Disney will take it). Vision is just a complete chickenshit right now. Dude's fought killer robots and aliens, but he repeatedly gets scared of loud noises? What a wimp (a charming one though)! I sort of like Wanda not wanting to get out of bed and moping about in her pajamas for most of Episode 7. Superheroines NEVER do that as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-23-2021 at 01:16 PM.

Yeah, I can see that happening. As I've said MANY times before, I don't mind it when the movies/shows deviate from the comic books. If the changes make the characters and stories better, I'm totally okay with the alterations. Hahn is very charismatic. I wanted her to appear more often in WandaVision before Episode 7, but she sort of was neglected after Episode 2, and I HATED that. I like her chemistry with Olsen and Bettany. I've mentioned previously she's one of the few broads that's actually ever made me laugh. I think WandaVision has IMPROVED Wanda and Vision as characters. Wanda was so jolly and charming in the earlier episodes, and now she's become a little bit unhinged (but not in an obnoxious way). A somewhat decent portrayal of mental illness coming from Wanda there (as far as Disney will take it). Vision is just a complete chickenshit right now. Dude's fought killer robots and aliens, but he repeatedly gets scared of loud noises? What a wimp (a charming one though)! I sort of like Wanda not wanting to get out of bed and moping about in her pajamas for most of Episode 7. Superheroines NEVER do that as far as I can tell.
    I think he was just more a slave to the whims of the sitcom formula in this early instance. Talking tough and then ducking and hiding at loud noises is a common trope. We saw in Infinity War and Episode 6 that he is not afraid to die if lives are on the line.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I think he was just more a slave to the whims of the sitcom formula in this early instance. Talking tough and then ducking and hiding at loud noises is a common trope. We saw in Infinity War and Episode 6 that he is not afraid to die if lives are on the line.
    Oh yeah, I understand that. I still think it's an improvement on his character from the comic books and cartoons though. Vision's very good at dying in the MCU.

There is really nothing chickenshit about Vision being the one to first challenge this false reality. Fighting and punching things isn't the only kind of courage.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There is really nothing chickenshit about Vision being the one to first challenge this false reality. Fighting and punching things isn't the only kind of courage.
    Oh, I think I was a bit harsh to use that word. Sorry about that. I'm just saying it's really funny how anxious he is in this series. I don't FEEL like he's a superhero in WandaVision. He's more like a colorful version of Columbo. Be honest, when Vision screamed after that dude banged on the door of the truck he was in WAS pretty funny. "DRIVE!"

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

spoilers:
    Agnes being evil isn't completely unprecedented though. She was evil and younger in the Ultimates comic line as well. And the MCU has borrowed liberally from that version of the Marvel Universe as well. Most notably with how SHIELD heavy everything is, and Sam Jackson Fury.

She might be a villain but she may have somewhat noble intentions? My current wacky theory is this is going to be a third woman suffering from loss and grief (After Wanda and Monica). Perhaps Agatha lost someone dear to her and she is using Wanda as a means to opening the multiverse and retrieving them from another dimension? And this existing world be damned! (It's pretty much like Spiderverse though!)

Vision could sacrifice himself again while prodding Wanda to let go. Whether real or just Wanda's imagination it would be instrumental in her moving on. Perhaps the end credit teaser reveal has SHIELD reclaiming his body and leading to him reappearing as the white Vision from the comics in a later movie.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well, I’d say it’s safe to assume that right now Agatha is genuinely evil, the way she laughs after she admitted that she killed the dog. Maybe she got corrupted by reading the Darkhold. Maybe next episode shows how her story started and maybe the things she did at the beginning are at least somewhat understandable.

Based on what we know now, the reasonable chain of actions would be: Release the people of the mind control, evacuate Westview or even shrink down “The Hex” so that it only contains Wanda’s house, and then there is all the time in the world to figure out the state of Vision. My point is, in-universe there is right now no reason why Vision *should* die, but based on the rather grounded story that apparently is being told I am almost certain that he *will* die. And I hate it when obvious in-universe solutions are ignored to tell a certain story. Like ironically both Steve Rogers and Steve Trevor sacrificing themselves while both on airplanes with bombs, “How it should have ended” makes great fun of that. Now there could be a connection, that to end “The Hex” and free the people Vision must be gone, but Vision sacrificing himself would feel redundant to the end of “Infinity War”. Which I thought already before I saw the video CJStriker linked to. So, I am at loss what the show is going for, I just hope it is as smart as everything so far.
    end of spoilers

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    'The Mandalorian' star Pedro Pascal watches WandaVision

^^^^Like I said on the WandaVision thread, going on with backing up CRUELRAIN’s Very Exciting post on Tom Holland earlier, this one just continues that The Exciting News and More!

WandaVision is Truly Ruling the World as a TRULY MultiGenerational Show!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-theo...dritch-chthon/

Can someone tell for sure by the symbols on the book if this is really the Darkhold?

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post

https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-theo...dritch-chthon/

Can someone tell for sure by the symbols on the book if this is really the Darkhold?
    That's why i don't think it's the Darkhold. It looks nothing like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    spoilers:
    Well, I’d say it’s safe to assume that right now Agatha is genuinely evil, the way she laughs after she admitted that she killed the dog. Maybe she got corrupted by reading the Darkhold. Maybe next episode shows how her story started and maybe the things she did at the beginning are at least somewhat understandable.

Based on what we know now, the reasonable chain of actions would be: Release the people of the mind control, evacuate Westview or even shrink down “The Hex” so that it only contains Wanda’s house, and then there is all the time in the world to figure out the state of Vision. My point is, in-universe there is right now no reason why Vision *should* die, but based on the rather grounded story that apparently is being told I am almost certain that he *will* die. And I hate it when obvious in-universe solutions are ignored to tell a certain story. Like ironically both Steve Rogers and Steve Trevor sacrificing themselves while both on airplanes with bombs, “How it should have ended” makes great fun of that. Now there could be a connection, that to end “The Hex” and free the people Vision must be gone, but Vision sacrificing himself would feel redundant to the end of “Infinity War”. Which I thought already before I saw the video CJStriker linked to. So, I am at loss what the show is going for, I just hope it is as smart as everything so far.
    end of spoilers
    I agree. They should have done WandaVision BEFORE Infinity War. That way when Vision dies, it'll be more impactful and original. Instead we got another Steve Trevor situation again.

I agree. They should have done WandaVision BEFORE Infinity War. That way when Vision dies, it'll be more impactful and original. Instead we got another Steve Trevor situation again.
    The show is plenty impactful and heroes sacrificing themselves is very common. Not just limited to the Steves. We don't even know if Vision is sacrificing himself.

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    That's why i don't think it's the Darkhold. It looks nothing like it.
    The Darkhold changes each time it appears in shows so far. So I don't think we can count on it's look. The formations on it look kind of like four lower case ds. Which the comics version had one lower case d on it when all the parchment was eventually put together as a book.