Page 108 of 774 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    Nah...the Darkhold has a pretty consistent look to it.

--------------------

https://nerdist.com/article/wandavis...-kathryn-hahn/

I know that it shifts between the lower or higher case D or full on spelling of "Darkhold". Still the book we see in the show, in Agatha basement does not have a D, nor does the shapes on the front look like a lower case D. So unless Marvel Studios went with a totally different design. I doubt it's the big bad DH though it might have connection to it.

Wandavision being done before Infinity War doesn't really make sense, and the way Vision dies was already impactful and original. This show just adds on to those feelings. In regards to what's been lost for Wanda, the Steve Trevor wishing rock thing has barely any relation to this. Outside of Vision being brought back, the motives are the difference between direct action and indirect action or narrative. There was no real legitimate sense of loss in WW84. Despite how WW acted those feelings weren't given enough raw emotionally weight. Especially with how much time has passed between movies, regardless of the story in 84 telling us that WW was still in grief. It didn't translate well.

While for Wanda after being un-snapped with time stopping for her, that connection is far more raw and we see her act out of emotional distress. And with her despair ever mounting it's a bang, bang situation for Wanda and a very dead Vision at this point. Plus it's not like their relationship has gone untouched before IW or WV. I think once ppl put that into full context the show's merit and thematic origin shoud be obivous.
    You make some really REALLY fine points here. Definitely changed my perspective on things. Wow. That was a great analysis. Thanks for sharing!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    New WandaVision still

She's probably telling her: Yes gurl, i met your mother and she was a great Witch lol
    All I can say is this leaves me very;

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Don't think she creates them. Nor should she. But think the x-gene will appear as created by the Celestials in Eternals.
    Agreed, cause her creating or manifesting the x-gene doesn't really do the discovery of that power humanity wide the justice it deserves in my mind. Espiecally with how relatively contained WV setting is, within Westview. Even more so in relation to the Eternals movie having more a direct hand in laying done that mythology, in the form of Celestials. Can't usurp/spoil the reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    Agreed, cause her creating or manifesting the x-gene doesn't really do the discovery of that power humanity wide the justice it deserves in my mind. Espiecally with how relatively contained WV setting is, within Westview. Even more so in relation to the Eternals movie having more a direct hand in laying done that mythology, in the form of Celestials. Can't usurp/spoil the reveal.
    Plus if they do it in the movies, then everyone gets a chance to see it. Disney+ is still not available in all regions, so that would suck for people that don't live where they can sub to it, or know someone that is subbed.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I could see that, I can see Disney noting Kathryn Hahn's popularity on social media and enthusiasm for the role and the character returning in some shape or form. Perhaps as an untrustworthy ally, much like Loki was to Thor in his later appearances.

The MCU doesn't have to ape the 616 though. Agatha could really be nothing more than an antagonist for Wanda. Wanda has worked as a character just fine in the MCU without a mentor. She could just as easily pursue her studies of witchcraft on her own.
    And she worked fine without mutants or Magneto, yet people still want to shove them on her, she always had her own stories without much input from X-side yet people try so desperately to tie her to it in MCU.
    I wish people would use the same standard for Mutant/Magneto, etc.
    Sure, Wanda can work without Agatha being her mentor, but it would still be a huge loss of her lore, a much bigger loss than whatever X-franchise offers her.

Also I don't care for popularity over authenticity, if Wanda got super popular by becoming a completely different character who is all about stuff like House of M, I would abandon the fandom immediately.

Extraordinary Member

Agatha could be a Modred type. Who was seeking power to do good but ended up doing bad. But isn't really bad. It doesn't have to be possession, just being mislead through good intentions.
    Yeah, though I would prefer they just use Modred or some version of him if they want a "gray character", his backstory actually plays nicely with Wanda's theme when it comes to "saving the loved one", of course Modred just kept getting tricked by Chthon and got fucked over.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    And she worked fine without mutants or Magneto, yet people still want to shove them on her, she always had her own stories without much input from X-side yet people try so desperately to tie her to it in MCU.
    Sure, Wanda can work without Agatha being her mentor, but it would still be a huge loss of her lore, a much bigger loss than whatever X-franchise offers her.

Also I don't care for popularity over authenticity, if Wanda got super popular by becoming a completely different character who is all about stuff like House of M, I would abandon the fandom immediately.
    It's crazy to me that they want her to lose a member of her support cast but be related to people she hardly knows or has spent time with, lol.

Yeah, though I would prefer they just use Modred or some version of him if they want a "gray character", his backstory actually plays nicely with Wanda's theme when it comes to "saving the loved one", of course Modred just kept getting tricked by Chthon and got fucked over.
    His story is pretty sad. I felt bad for him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I suppose I overthink it. Granted Eternals etc. So maybe Agatha is a child of an Eternal and a human, perhaps.
    Funny you mentioned it, a human/Eternal hybrid would be well, human.
    The Eternal Ikaris had a son with the same name(technically the son had the name first, the father uses the name after the son's passing) who is just a mortal.
    I would just say Agatha is a human sorceress who prolonged her lifespan with magic(and she still technically aged, though I think it's never stated she chooses to appear that way since she can appear completely different in some cases like in Darkhold, it's not clearly she can physically change into a younger body or she just use illusion or something.)

Don't think she creates them. Nor should she. But think the x-gene will appear as created by the Celestials in Eternals.
    you might be right, but I think it's cooler if Wanda does it. Like she's the mother of all mutants, because if the eternals did it then where have the Mutants been all this time? Shouldn't Magneto, Xavier, Wolveirne, Apoc and others all be running around? What if Wanda used her powers to inadvertantly give birth to Mutant kind just like she did with Monica?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think she will find out there´s a group of superpowered people who will be called mutants. Maybe this is why Peter Maximoff presence is neccesary, because if he´s an AU Pietro who came from the multiverse, Wanda will wonder if maybe there´s a similar group of people in her own universe. Nick Fury may already be aware of this imo.
    Or maybe Wanda flexes her powers and merges the dimensions
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    you might be right, but I think it's cooler if Wanda does it. Like she's the mother of all mutants, because if the eternals did it then where have the Mutants been all this time? Shouldn't Magneto, Xavier, Wolveirne, Apoc and others all be running around? What if Wanda used her powers to inadvertantly give birth to Mutant kind just like she did with Monica?

How would that benefit her? It just makes her a plot device for mutant stories again.

How would that benefit her? It just makes her a plot device for mutant stories again.
    Sadly that's what some people think. They don't care about Wanda as a character and just want mutants in the MCU as quickly as possible.

Calling it now that Scarlet Witch creates Mutants. Book it you heard it here first
    I have heard this for months and a lot of back and forth, but I'm now thinking NO, or not in a major way.

Certainly her twins are mutants, though we currently do not know if they will be more like her original twins, or what Billy and Tommy were found to be later in the story line.

Of course I would be more or less delighted, but I've just come across a theory that suggests it will be Nightmare, whether or not it or he is working with anyone else - but this seems a natural lead to Dr. Strange 2.
    And since 'multiverse', that is where it happens; mutants joining the MCU, or a retroactive treatment/reordering of it all?

But this WandaVision is obviously seeding it; it just will happen more after.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Exactly again, going forward with Wanda and Pietro never being mutants would mean not doing this. I agree with all this pretty much. I almost abandoned Marvel/fandom because of DA and HoM. Agatha is a crucial part of her comic lore, if you want to say she is a real Witch.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I could see this happen, this could bring the multiverse for Dr Strange and Spidey movies.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022