Page 491 of 774 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541591 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I remember it was revealed that back in the Silver Age, writers were allowed to reuse the same stories every five years as it was believed that was the lifetime of a comic reader, so maybe Marvel now believe that.
    For sure now 5 years isn't the lifetime of a comic reader. Silver age sold in millions, not the case now

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They probably do because they tend to stick to things that they always did. But I think now their reader base is pretty much the same. Give or take a few scragglers. So it's easy for people to be jaded over stories repeating. And they also tuned this up way too much with repeated events and deaths. That was much more often than 5 years.
    it's a aging fan-base, becaically static.

I thinkk Marvel go for buzz words and "things will never be the same"
    Last edited by Writerblog; 07-21-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    For sure now 5 years isn't the lifetime of a comic reader. Silver age sold in millions, not the case now

it's a aging fan-base, becaically static.

I thinkk Marvel go for buzz words and "things will never be the same"
    Yea those words sadly has lost so much meaning too, I remember it officially died as a term for me back during Age of Ultron and how un-things will change forever it was really not.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    I remember it was revealed that back in the Silver Age, writers were allowed to reuse the same stories every five years as it was believed that was the lifetime of a comic reader, so maybe Marvel now believe that.
    Archie Comics does this.

Especially with their digests.

There have been stories where characters were changed.

A story from 1940 has Archie and Reggie in one of the digest. In the SAME year I saw that story again and it was Archie and CHUCK CLAYTON. Others had Chuck's hairstyle changed many times.

And seeing that Marvel has Ultraverse-would it be BENEATH them to retell those stories using Marvel folks???

Ruse was pretty much Morbius.

Prime's run easily be Miles or Sam with some creative redrawing.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Archie Comics does this.

Especially with their digests.

There have been stories where characters were changed.

A story from 1940 has Archie and Reggie in one of the digest. In the SAME year I saw that story again and it was Archie and CHUCK CLAYTON. Others had Chuck's hairstyle changed many times.

And seeing that Marvel has Ultraverse-would it be BENEATH them to retell those stories using Marvel folks???

Ruse was pretty much Morbius.

Prime's run easily be Miles or Sam with some creative redrawing.
    I now feel like Mugatu in Zoolander.

Extraordinary Member

As if things weren't depressing enough, I'm seeing the "Wanda is a villain in Doctor Strange 2" rumors picking up steam again (no, I won't link, but I saw it in one site that got something else right).

I doubt she'll be a true villain the way Shuma-Gorath will be, but I'm mentally preparing myself for her to do more bad things, since Elizabeth Olsen recently said "I love that even in the comic books, you don't know if Wanda's going to be a hero or a villain".* There will almost certainly be another series or movie after the success of "WandaVision" so we may have to wait another year or two to see her come back, Children's Crusade style. It's just sad that there's not much to look forward to rather than dread.

*No, I don't blame her for saying that. She doesn't know or care what impact House of M had on Wanda in the comics, she just likes playing anti-heroes, and she was right that playing Wanda as an anti-hero would show her at her best.

I doubt she will be a villain but i do think they could have a fight scene in the biggening of the movie, remember that they made the guardians of the galaxy fight the avengers for a bit in infinity war.

Also the america chavez actress said it was lovely to work with lizzie and benedict so at some point of the movie it looks like they will teamup just like the poster teased and official hats.

Extraordinary Member

Hoping for a less shitty deal.
    The life story of Wanda fans.
    Honestly I just really feel like bolting the moment I get some kind of closure story for her.(Like MCU doing a full Chthon storyline or something.)
    Simply wishing for something to be better with no control over it what so ever is depressing to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Hoping for a less shitty deal.
    The life story of Wanda fans.
    Honestly I just really feel like bolting the moment I get some kind of closure story for her.(Like MCU doing a full Chthon storyline or something.)
    Simply wishing for something to be better with no control over it what so ever is depressing to say the least.
    It sucks that as some of her biggest fans we have no say on how she's treated, while people who clearly don't care about the character do.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think they have a say either.
    But they do affect public perception of Wanda's character.
    If HoM being bad for her is common knowledge even for casuals my experience with the wider fandom will be much better.
    Uncertainty of future is bad enough on itself, and on top of that we somehow have to deal with the weird claims about her character, sure every comic character with a long history has those, but Wanda is a really extreme case.

Remember that it's obvious that Wanda's goal in the movie it's to save her kids from whatever they are in multiverse more than cause chaos or play a "villain"

Other leaks from the new spiderman movie suggested that it is a Dr Strange spell that was mean to hide Peter's identity from the public, backfired and it's what is bringing other villains and spidermen from other movies in the No Way Home.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly I am kinda afraid they will pull the desperate mom trope on her.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Honestly I am kinda afraid they will pull the desperate mom trope on her.
    Yeah that could happen.

Extraordinary Member

Exactly, the fear isn't that she wants to take over the world or kill people, but that she'll do "anything" to get her kids back, just like she was willing to do bad things to keep her little bubble world going.

Ironically the popularity of her show might work against her in the movie, since they could save her redemption arc for her next show.

Just thinking out loud here, I don't really know what's going to happen, especially since it's a multiverse movie and we might see more than one version of the characters.

I would be so happy if we got Lore, Wanda's evil doppelgänger and fellow Nexus being, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Extraordinary Member

Lol, Lore hopefully can shift some rant about evil Wanda from the main one. I just hope they don't go "see, Wanda is destined to become like that" or some other ****.
    Because let's be real, people are really insistant on Wanda being a certain way, even after gettinh debunked, just look at how many people who still rant about how WV confirmed she is a mutant and ****.

We really don't know what's going to happen but using logic i don't think there will be enough screentime for her to do something bad and then work together with strange,

She will probably try to reach her kids with the darkhold and then Strange and her meet and they talk how there is a bigger multiversal threat like shuma gorath and they teamup with America since she comes from the multiverse
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 07-22-2021 at 10:30 AM.