Page 136 of 774 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236636 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 11598
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Thanks to Chthon, wild magic (or specifically, chaos magic) likes her.

It's more willing to be shaped by her because of (a) her mutant powers and (b) how Chthon tapped her into it at birth.

Agatha gave her the tools to have more control of the shaping.

But chaos likes to flow through her, likes to be shaped by her. It's like other people have kitten for pets, and she has a tiger. A chaos-tiger.

kdb
    Would it be accurate to describe her inherent mutant power to manipulate energy and Chthon’s chaos magic as yarn she can pull on, and Agatha gave her a pair of knitting needles and a how to manual in the form of magical training to learn how to make mittens or sweaters out of the both of them, instead of just spitting up bits of yarn and hoping for the best? Or is the mutant power and Chaos magic each a needle of different make, and magic itself the yarn, and the training is the how to manual?

I hope I’m not being pedantic or looking too deep into this. I’m just fascinated to hear more about this part of Wanda from someone who genuinely knows and cares about her, and if it offers any insights into who she is as a person and the world she lives in. It’s lore that’s deep enough I just have to get to the bottom of it!

A new interview with the director of WandaVision https://tvline.com/2021/03/02/wandav...s-disney-plus/
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I think that would be rather more than "improbable," really.

A little more than that.

A hex is like a chaos grenade, but the more she can concentrate and shape the magic, the more she can do specific things with it, like finding a way through Ultron's shields to get at his molecular rearranger and making it go haywire. A simple hex wouldn't get through the shields because it's not subtly.

Or calling an asteroid down from space is chaotic, but so is causing it to go off course and smacking into the moon. The control to do that is something Agatha taught her, to have it strike a specific spot as chosen by Wanda. It's at heart a chaotic act, but it's shaped chaos. And the more controlled the chaos is, the more effort it takes, because chaos wants to disrupt but it doesn't want to be controlled. Which is why Wanda can do big things, but can't just do them whenever she wants.

Grenades are easy, because there's very little control. Meteors are harder. "No more mutants" is harder still -- it's disruptive, but it's a lot more than a bullet.

Changing the fertility magic of an entire town of witches from something to create good crops to something that fertilizes human ova with the spirit of a sentient android is disruptive, but not all that consciously controlled. When she did that, Wanda was both disrupting something but also letting that magic -- fertility magic, not chaos magic -- do something fertility magic actively wants to do, to do something fertile. So chaos redirected it and shaped it via Wanda's barely-subconscious desires, but she couldn't have used it to do something outside of its nature.

Fertility is a force as basic (or close to as basic) as chaos. But they each have their own nature, and a magic user uses those natures to do what those natures can do.

A spell of forgetting might be chaotic in nature (or it could come from order, but it would feel different), but it's not fertile in nature.

A spell to make trees grow and reach out with their limbs and grab someone is disruptive and chaotic but also about growth.

You use the magic to fulfil its nature, but the more skilled a magician is the more they can shape that fulfilment.

kdb
    Thanks for clearing things up.

“Wanda will continue into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, and there’s a lot more to her story to be told, so this is only one part of a very complicated and very rich life.” — Matt Shakman (WandaVision director)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    “Wanda will continue into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, and there’s a lot more to her story to be told, so this is only one part of a very complicated and very rich life.” — Matt Shakman (WandaVision director)
    Cinematic mutant parentage incoming 3, 2, 1, ..... sorry, I could not resist.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

So I have to wait longer to get the guarantee that they will flush the pointless mutant stuff out of the system, yikes.
    Anyway I doubt MoM will waste time in exploring the rather irrelevant stuff, explore her mystical lore instead.

So Wanda will be a magic user but without any training? So far Agatha ain't training her in the last episode, and they're not wasting time in Strange being her mentor in a movie, no time for that

loving all the art inspired on wandavision, all these different looks

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    So I have to wait longer to get the guarantee that they will flush the pointless mutant stuff out of the system, yikes.
    Anyway I doubt MoM will waste time in exploring the rather irrelevant stuff, explore her mystical lore instead.
    Just when you think it's over, finished...it never ends

So Wanda will be a magic user but without any training? So far Agatha ain't training her in the last episode, and they're not wasting time in Strange being her mentor in a movie, no time for that
    I think she will become Doctor Strange's apprentice, but the training will happen in between movies.

https://twitter.com/Brian_Cronin/sta...62306325528580

Which was an odder decision, not having a Supergirl comic book series when Supergirl's TV show debuted or not having Vision or Scarlet Witch in an ongoing comic of any sort when #WandaVision debuted? #csbgpoll

I think she needs a cape but this isn't a bad Wanda look in my opinion.

I doubt this true since they say her story is far from over.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Elizabeth Olsen is on Jimmy Fallon.