Page 487 of 774 FirstFirst ... 387437477483484485486487488489490491497537587 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,305 of 11598
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda's mind has been messed with so many times that she should be resistant to it by now. Wanda wouldn't run anyway. She'd fight to the death.

"While I live, until I die, I am an Avenger."

It's not while I live, until I die, I'm a plot device for x-narratives.
    Maybe it was Jobifier, the mutant who has the ability to make people job.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Maybe it was Jobifier, the mutant who has the ability to make people job.
    Lol, Thor must have been attacked by him a few times.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I would rather them not talk about it, Wasp causally mentioning her dead kids is the dumbest part of Bendis writing.
    Janet was also a victim of that whole mess.
    If the event is somehow Magneto/X-Men talking about how Avengers "failed" Wanda and rebuilt her relationship with Magneto on that basis, I am gonna fucking puke.
    Also the stuff between Wanda and Jan was already put to bed in UA. It shouldn't have happened to begin with, because Wanda remembered her kids already before Bendis wrote her. Wasp isn't the catalyst for Wanda's problems. Sexist hack writing is.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I agree with all of this. Like you said everyone who knew Wanda is going to have to do some soul searching on how they viewed her, treated her, and let her down. The fact Wasp is in this story could bring up how she feels on being the one to set Wanda on her downward spiral just because of her words. Also now that Krakoa has lost their boogeyman and the fact that Logan is there to investigate maybe he will be the one to set the record straight on what before Decimation and cause everyone to question the narrative that Exodus has been spinning.
    a better idea would be to to finally address how Wanda forgot her kids again

Extraordinary Member

That would be shifting the blame from Wanda, they won't do that. Better to shame her and the Avengers.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

It is no death of Mar-Vell.
    Wanda didn't die from her own heroic deeds or just die of disease or age surrounded by loved ones.
    She dropped dead in a strange land with hostiles everywhere.
    And the story is about the murder mystery, not really "in memory of Wanda", they can't even get most of her actual family/friend there.
    They cannot even give Wanda the proper "Death of ..." treatment, I am fairly certain it's never about her, not when far more important fellas are around.
    Yea indeed MaximoffTrashand that is the main crunch of this who situation for any of us or anyone, we can’t be certain about anything until we get more information, until we read more of the story and are able to start to break it down to even begin to figure out where it will be going.

Even harder is that a good part of this will be a murder mystery and those are made to keep vital facts hidden from viewers to advance the mystery part so it stays a mystery making it hard to figure out full true intent for our Wanda and meaningfulness for her in this.

That is all then we can do now is give our best views on what might be until enough content says otherwise.

For good reason we intend to go the more worried and how Wanda will be wronged route cause of past bad usages and disheartening plots that went nowhere good like Emprye X-Men last year, so why should this be any different?!

Why a story about Magneto with Wanda be any different then any other with them and It all becomes about him?!

Why should we trust in X-Books when they have spend years of smearing her and making Pretender labels that are wrong on many levels?!

So yea, this should be likely no different and logic and our own abuse we have suffered wrongful and injusticely as Wanda fans by Marvel dictates to us rightfully it will like be this way and likely no different, so why trust anyways?!

Because…..Because…..I have no concrete because to something different being more positive for her here.

But honestly to we don’t yet have enough with the caring and justified worried fought either, just experience to the likelihood of it, but as just this year alone has shown that is changing.

Marvel has to change to the reality that it’s characters are becoming more global icons and more important they are not divide canon anymore, the reasoning behind so much pain and misuse in the most of the last 2 decades with the copyright wars is over and most of Marvel content is home under 1 family now thank goodness.

Marvel Comics has to at some points show they are not toned deaf to these realities anymore, the last 2 years of X-Men comics so they are starting to wake to this with their major push of them.

At some point it can be no different with our Wanda and the history used to death over HoM, stories have to have to be conclusive at some point. If Marvel keeps doing the same thing to her they will become irrelevant and many will and should start to consider how important they are anymore if they keep beating this narrative of her any longer.

This story by what I am getting at feels even though it has enough elements to be another abusive story for her all over again, it also seems to have the possibility of being otherwise to and that is what I am seeing possibly.

Content will fully dictate to us the truth on this but until we get their we can’t be certain anyways, just theories and what I see is the possibility of that watershed moment cause Marvel has run out of time with her now if play this abuse over with her, they have to come to a point to show they get in using her more and better otherwise they become a tone deaf company that matters less and less going forward.

This might not be that positive or another negative moment yet, but it will show what their intents for Wanda are and my hope by my theory of what I see possible in these story elements is their, we just got to hope fans desire to see Wanda more positively used and the reality of where Wanda is going in the public eye with also the copyright war being done is finally hitting the comics here too, the elements are their, my theory is Marvel just has to be willing to finally do it.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I agree with all of this. Like you said everyone who knew Wanda is going to have to do some soul searching on how they viewed her, treated her, and let her down. The fact Wasp is in this story could bring up how she feels on being the one to set Wanda on her downward spiral just because of her words. Also now that Krakoa has lost their boogeyman and the fact that Logan is there to investigate maybe he will be the one to set the record straight on what before Decimation and cause everyone to question the narrative that Exodus has been spinning.
    Indeed Covetous_Onethat is what I am hoping for as well, the set-up is their and while that video preview is only a preview, a tease really, it gives set-up to what might be possible in this. Content is truly king so until more is either teases or until we start reading we will not know if this is the case will be or not, but they showed the iron is hot their they just need to be, Marvel Writing that is, to use it right.

If so and I am hoping so, it can be truly a watershed turning point for the Comic characters to starting putting old grudges into truer and better light leading to Wanda’s importance of who she really is and what she means to the universe and characters truly outside of the blind take her for granted politics going on for to long.

Avengers, X-Men, mutants all revealing thier truths about Wanda and confronting not only the wrongs done to her but to themselves and their world over these years are moments I hope Marvel finally shows to be grownup enough about to finally tell.

It is only a theory and a hope based on beginning tease info that can go just as south as easy, but it is their and the importance they seem to give to these events give some starting hope to it, we will see, but hope we witness the better to be the reality written.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I would rather them not talk about it, Wasp causally mentioning her dead kids is the dumbest part of Bendis writing.
    Janet was also a victim of that whole mess.
    If the event is somehow Magneto/X-Men talking about how Avengers "failed" Wanda and rebuilt her relationship with Magneto on that basis, I am gonna fucking puke.
    Thank you for saying this. Yes, Janet and possibly other women in that story, certainly Agatha in my mind, were also

victims of Bendis. He must hate women, is no friend at all, certainly not a feminist (which does NOT automatically mean one hates all men).

Yes I would puke too. Many many new, younger readers have no idea of the incredible bonds between Wanda and Janet, as well as Carol and some others. Please!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Thank you for saying this. Yes, Janet and possibly other women in that story, certainly Agatha in my mind, were also

victims of Bendis. He must hate women, is no friend at all, certainly not a feminist (which does NOT automatically mean one hates all men).

Yes I would puke too. Many many new, younger readers have no idea of the incredible bonds between Wanda and Janet, as well as Carol and some others. Please!
    I honestly don't think he hates women(but yeah, he casually uses a lot of misogynist depictions on certain characters), he can write good female characters, but again all his effort and nuances are only saved for his personal favs and "true-born" daughter, I mean Jessica Drew and Jessica Jones.(Though you could argue Drew getting replaced by the Skrull queen also kinda sucks.) He more or less treated characters who doesn't care for as toys to play around.
    While he is mostly likely not an active "women hater", he is also not aware enough to avoid some misogynist tropes, one of the readings of HoM from other Wanda fans is that basically Bendis is projecting his own fetishes on comic Wanda or something, and I can actually believe that. Some dudes project weird ideas on real women and female characters they barely understand all the time.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I appreciate your optimism, CJ. It would be so cathartic if this was the final chapter of this sad mess, and my daughter could finally come home from the war! But even if everything turns out all right in the end for her, I can’t help but resent that it took Wanda getting an Emmy nominated show for Marvel give her justice.
    Indeed teapartyofthedead and sadly while I think it is sad it was part of it WandaVision’s success to maybe if this is the moment they start to grow up, we have and need more content to know, but that it is part due to the success of the show and awards to make them see Wanda’s value more finally.

But I think it runs deeper and more self problematic then that even.

Marvel has been hurting their characters and wronging themselves for the better part of the last 2 Decades over the Copyright divisions in their characters and their petty grudges like they make with DC comics, HELL they literally made Steve Rogers into a Nazi for a time just to one up DC REBIRTH for just a day, it was that petty.

Allot of this event is still a mystery, ready to go south again by just a line or 2 done, so allot of that can happen, so I don’t want to ignore that that can happen.

But after to all these issues of the copyright are now over, Marvel is pushing mutants as hard as they can and their characters are all under the same DISNEY house their is littler and littler excuses to keep the same old going especially with Wanda also now being seen as a success as well.

The Hope and what these teasers might line hopes be saying is a beginning to ending these grudges cause they know it has to come to an end, that is a hope that seems to be their, we need more content to beginning to be sure, but we need to hope for the better cause without that the good we might finally get should start to give some hope to us fans.

BANNED

It would be totally on brand for Marvel's publishing division to **** all over a character that just came off a very successful streaming series just to satiate a handful of X-Men fans who are still bitter about a story that happened 15 years ago. It's sad really, because for all the criticism that the MCU gets of being repetitive and cookie cutter, they resonate far more with the public than the comics, who seem to be perpetually behind the times and seem to be focused above all else on canonizing the writers' own fanfics than actually telling engaging stories.

Once again I admire your optimism CJStriker but I'm still not expecting anything good to come out of this for Wanda.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    It would be totally on brand for Marvel's publishing division to **** all over a character that just came off a very successful streaming series just to satiate a handful of X-Men fans who are still bitter about a story that happened 15 years ago. It's sad really, because for all the criticism that the MCU gets of being repetitive and cookie cutter, they resonate far more with the public than the comics, who seem to be perpetually behind the times and seem to be focused above all else on canonizing the writers' own fanfics than actually telling engaging stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Once again I admire your optimism CJStriker but I'm still not expecting anything good to come out of this for Wanda.
    Indeed and if they reveal this and continue to make clear their tone deafness on the times, changes and let be honest willingness to throw gallons of possible money down the toilet to just satisfy their own Good~Old~Boys~&~Girls inner Club that only care about themselves then they will just be leading comics to a faster pasture of irrelevance then the Video Store ended up being.

I have and see hope, but only they have the power to choose their own future and they are adults so they must live and fail with their own choices and live with the backlash to it.

I couldn't have said better!!

The best thing from MCU us that they avoid character assassinations, meanwhile comics go rampant with it

Also them sticking with individual issues instead of going manga or trade style primarily is an example of a refusal to change with the times.

Trades and manga far outsell individual issues. People want full stories now.