Page 490 of 774 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492493494500540590 ... LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Getting this news ON MY DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY! Is just..... Disgusting, DISGUSTING!! I cannot!!
    Getting the bad luck out of the way hopefully, hope the rest of it is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Why is Marvel Comics killing Spider-Man, Scarlet Witch, and Dr. Strange right before their MCU returns?
    https://www.gamesradar.com/why-is-ma...its-mcu-stars/
    This means Marvel run out of ideas

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Why is Marvel Comics killing Spider-Man, Scarlet Witch, and Dr. Strange right before their MCU returns?
    https://www.gamesradar.com/why-is-ma...its-mcu-stars/
    IMO this shows just how poor and uncaring death has become in comics, only a means to generate buzz for a character without doing much work to do so, just let the tragedy do that work for the company. That is sad and really shows a lack of creativity to use that as a marketing gimmick.

The only hope ever is to have then is the avoidance of to long term of death or worse the assignation of a character’s character that hurts more then the death itself.

I don’t know what is going on or why with Strange and Parker, but the writers need to have purpose in when they pull this point of death and make it mean something again or to lead to positives outcomes threw this to keep it away from being just a stunt.

We have to wait and see with each and like with the others fans concerning over them should dissect into what is going on to under the meaning and endgame like we are trying to do with Wanda here.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Yup, they ran out of ways for Strange to be depowered, so they might as well kill him off

Makes me wonder if comics going on for decades long is a bad thing. Because they keep circling around the same bad ideas.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Makes me wonder if comics going on for decades long is a bad thing. Because they keep circling around the same bad ideas.
    and then they try to pass them off as being a new idea.

It likely is new to newer readers. Or younger readers. They don't realize how much things have repeated.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    It's a damn shame too.
    They should do away with these "deaths" and just give good stories.
    Specially Peter who needs to be treated much better and Wanda who needs her stories in character.

All of Scarlet Witch's Video Game Appearances
    https://gamerant.com/scarlet-witch-m...es-spider-man/

It likely is new to newer readers. Or younger readers. They don't realize how much things have repeated.
    Well majority of readers aren't new. They repeat so much stories like death that even newer Readers know the gimmick
    Marvel needs better strategies

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yup, they ran out of ways for Strange to be depowered, so they might as well kill him off
    I liked Mark Wait run, just telling good stories, then relaunched and cancelled it
    Last edited by Writerblog; 07-21-2021 at 06:48 AM.

They still try to market to newer people. Which was why Brevoort stated that they keep some characters young. It's obviously not working, because comics struggle. So I don't know. It's Marvel, lol.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    It’s Pietro. He saw Wanda cast a spell to leave behind a pretty doll that looks like her for everyone to talk about while she and Jericho go on a much needed vacation. He’s just waiting until everyone realizes it so he can make a distraction and warn Wanda the jig is up, like a good brother would.

They still try to market to newer people. Which was why Brevoort stated that they keep some characters young. It's obviously not working, because comics struggle. So I don't know. It's Marvel, lol.
    I remember it was revealed that back in the Silver Age, writers were allowed to reuse the same stories every five years as it was believed that was the lifetime of a comic reader, so maybe Marvel now believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I remember it was revealed that back in the Silver Age, writers were allowed to reuse the same stories every five years as it was believed that was the lifetime of a comic reader, so maybe Marvel now believe that.
    They probably do because they tend to stick to things that they always did. But I think now their reader base is pretty much the same. Give or take a few scragglers. So it's easy for people to be jaded over stories repeating. And they also tuned this up way too much with repeated events and deaths. That was much more often than 5 years.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

They probably do because they tend to stick to things that they always did. But I think now their reader base is pretty much the same. Give or take a few scragglers. So it's easy for people to be jaded over stories repeating. And they also tuned this up way too much with repeated events and deaths. That was much more often than 5 years.
    What is most worrying Is the ideal not too many writers End up doing these kind of stories just to get a paycheck or just a hit a deadline for a new story. You can do stories like these but you must have a passion in the story behind it and the reasoning, but it’s been done so much to death(no pun intended ), but people lose faith cause not just the overuse of the death trope but how Unhearted it becomes in how the story and the writer comes across.

This is the legitimate fear of fans of these characters of what can be for the meaning of these stories and why comics are slowly yet painfully losing thier fans and readers.

We still have to observe these trials to see and hope the one that our Favorite in this case Wanda is not of the disheartened trope but one that has meaning to what is usually madness by the writers. We have to hope for the later to this for all for the betterment of our characters and the industry as a whole.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!