Page 508 of 774 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511512518558608 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    HoM left very few ways out. Many fans didn't accepted Childresn's Crusade absolving Wanda.

Iron MAan got a easier way out
    I'm ready for Teen Wanda. I hope she's just tired of everyone's **** and goes and lives in the woods.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Uncanny avengers was supossed to help wanda but they ended up doing her more dirty with that talk with rogue and actitude

And that's for the avengers side...

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Uncanny avengers was supossed to help wanda but they ended up doing her more dirty with that talk with rogue and actitude

And that's for the avengers side...
    That run of UA came before Zub. That was Remender who was also equally as awful to Rogue. His Cap run wasn't great either until he started writing Sam as Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's the fault of Marvel entirely. All these things are planned out, and agreed to on their writer retreats. It's not like this was ordered and writers and editors protested.

Until Marvel treats her right nothing will change.

The X-books aren't doing any better here. She's still being used as a plot device for the furthering of their narrative (just like HoM), she's absent in the story (just like HoM), she has no narrative, no autonomy. Nothing is different. People have to stop pretending like one side will be better for her and if you change one minor factoid about her, everything will be better.

Because it wasn't for 10 years when she was a mutant and Mags' kid.

And still her best showings have been Zub's Avengers titles and her solos. Which were A side.
    X-books forgot about her for some time. Then it came back on full force to hate her.

X-books forgot about her for some time. Then it came back on full force to hate her.
    Yep, I just don't understand the at least they are using her thing. Because she's not being used in any way other than plot device here. If the A-side is bad for what they've done, then the x-side is even worse. Because A-side at least has a couple examples of her acting like herself, actually having lines and things to do.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

It's the fault of Marvel entirely. All these things are planned out, and agreed to on their writer retreats. It's not like this was ordered and writers and editors protested.

Until Marvel treats her right nothing will change.

The X-books aren't doing any better here. She's still being used as a plot device for the furthering of their narrative (just like HoM), she's absent in the story (just like HoM), she has no narrative, no autonomy. Nothing is different. People have to stop pretending like one side will be better for her and if you change one minor factoid about her, everything will be better.

Because it wasn't for 10 years when she was a mutant and Mags' kid.

And still her best showings have been Zub's Avengers titles and her solos. Which were A side.
    Yep, I just don't understand the at least they are using her thing. Because she's not being used in any way other than plot device here. If the A-side is bad for what they've done, then the x-side is even worse. Because A-side at least has a couple examples of her acting like herself, actually having lines and things to do.
    I consider this story arc their reckoning moment, either they show this is the moment they are willing to change their ways in the Comics on her or they will lose nearly more trust then ever.

It even if they do all to do right from this point story forward they have much to make up for and a long lots of work to do so.

We got to hope for the better might finally come, she has deserved justice for to long.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

trial of magneto seems to be about krakoa and Magneto. Maybe i will be wrong but from what I see, Wanda is just a vehicle for X-men books get their plot forward and get Wandavision $$$

I don't understand the retread, seemed like everyone moved on and then bring it again to murder her.

Avengers at least gave her a solo and some bits to move on her story forward

Extraordinary Member

Avengers didn't give her a solo, though. James Robinson found out the Avengers office had no plans to give her a solo despite her introduction into the MCU, so the solo wound up being edited out of the office of Mark Paniccia, who was in charge of the X-Men at the time, oddly enough (he was the editor who got the comics no one else wanted to do, so he got the X-Men during the period when Marvel was trying to push the Inhumans instead).

The Avengers office at least put her in the two weekly events, and then... nothing. It's so weird.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

trial of magneto seems to be about krakoa and Magneto. Maybe i will be wrong but from what I see, Wanda is just a vehicle for X-men books get their plot forward and get Wandavision $$$

I don't understand the retread, seemed like everyone moved on and then bring it again to murder her.

I still feel and hope and with the covers and teasers this will be an event that will be growing in Wanda’s importance in it, that is just a theory right now just based on all the info so far shown, I hope I am not wrong BUT I have to be honest that I can’t shack the feel this is a coming to watershed moment with how marvel has mistreated Wanda the last decade and a half to finally and hopefully come to a conclusion.

I don’t era anyone that is saying the opposite or worrying for her like you and so many are cause you do it out of love for Wanda and I love seeing so much love for her, your fandoms are true and lovely!

But we have to also see to hope this might be the event to finally break that disrespectful cycle finally, we will find out together.

My point is just to offer the hope I can shake in seeing for our Wanda, it is all about here well-being.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Avengers didn't give her a solo, though. James Robinson found out the Avengers office had no plans to give her a solo despite her introduction into the MCU, so the solo wound up being edited out of the office of Mark Paniccia, who was in charge of the X-Men at the time, oddly enough (he was the editor who got the comics no one else wanted to do, so he got the X-Men during the period when Marvel was trying to push the Inhumans instead).

The Avengers office at least put her in the two weekly events, and then... nothing. It's so weird.
    Mark wasn't just the editor of the x-comics at the time. But several others. Like Hulk and Star Wars. He's more known for Star Wars than anything. Jeff Youngquist also was credited for the series. And he's done Captain America, Captain Britain, Star Wars. Emily Shaw too who did Haunted Mansion and Captain America. The book itself not released on the x-line.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-23-2021 at 08:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The optics were still bad. In the same episode. Monica, the one black woman, gets shot by the cops
    The funny thing I saw in a video is the entire task force of s.w.o.r.d. is diverse which is great but in the shooting scene they are all white guys.
    I'm not saying that they meant that but....
    (and I'm a poc and just pointing this out because I saw it so please don't add white supremasist to the already diverse set of words hurled)

Extraordinary Member

Mark wasn't just the editor of the x-comics at the time. But several others. Like Hulk and Star Wars. He's more known for Star Wars than anything. Jeff Youngquist also was credited for the series. And he's done Captain America, Captain Britain, Star Wars. Emily Shaw too who did Haunted Mansion and Captain America. The book itself not released on the x-line.
    No, it wasn't part of the X-line, and yes, Emily Shaw, who worked in Paniccia's office was the editor for most of the series.

Paniccia always got the stuff that some other editor had given up, like he got Fantastic Four during the period when it was about to be canceled and Brevoort had to give it up. Then it got un-canceled and Brevoort took it back. He also got the Ultimate line when it was on its last legs, and X-Men First Class, and X-Men Forever. He did a lot of books I really liked (like X-Men First Class) because the B-list titles are sometimes more fun than the A-list.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I know I said we talked about this already but I'll just say what I think anyway cause it eats me up if I don't:

- Wanda created the HEX subconsciously. She goes to Westview knowing it was the place Vision decided to live with her on. She goes to the lot he bought for them. She's in deep pain and can't accept the fact that he had this life planned for them and it has been taken from her. So she literally explodes with grief with the power coming out of her.

- Monica says she "would have done the same thing" as in she would've found a way to bring her mom back. Obviously, she wouldn't do the exact same thing as Wanda with the whole sitcom life, since she hasn't gone through all the trauma Wanda has gone through and as far as we know doesn't have this subconscious wish of living in a world like the ones from TV shows. You could argue she was "excusing" Wanda a bit too much instead of being harsher at her, and some argue that this is the show trying to manipulate the viewers but, she's not exactly "justifying" it. I have written a lot about why I think this makes perfect sense for Monica some time ago.

- Wanda doesn't know from the beginning that she's living a fake life. Even as she becomes more and more aware, she doesn't really know what the people are feeling. She's not really mind controlling them in the way you'd expect from a telepath in a comic. It's all happening, as Agatha says, on "auto-pilot". It is made pretty clear on the finale that she doesn't known/doesn't accept that everyone is in pain. When Agatha turns off the mind control from Dottie's mind, she doesn't accept what she's being told and says Agatha is the one making her say this. When the people start talking about how they feel she's in denial and says they feel safe and at peace.

- The "slavement" thing is... Yeah, I guess you could say they were "enslaved" into playing out her fantasy life. That has, however, absolutely NOTHING to do with slavery of black people in America. Trying to suggest there's racism undertones and throwing Monica's race into the mix, is, frankly, dumb, ridiculous and disingenous. You can't, or at least shouldn't, just throw the word "slavery" in there for impact and pretend there's a significant similarity. If you want to compare what Wanda did to a real life slavery scenario, it'd make more sense to compare it to slave labor that happens in China and other countries. Even then, it's a veeery vague analogy. Cause it's a fantasy/sci-fi show. Where people are forced to act in a certain way due to magical spells.

You can disagree on some things, you can think it's still painting her in too bad of a light, that the very premise is bad, but the way some people just ignore all the context and the details and say "Wanda kidnapped/slaved/tortured a whole town, she's so bad!" like they didn't pay attention to anything they've watched, is honestly infuriating. The story is not so simplistic. You could probably still make an argument against her without taking away any sort of depth and nuance. If you can't do that, you either need to improve your interpretation skills or you're deliberetely dumbing things down to make an unsubstantiated point.
    Since this is the better structured comment and not just insults I'll reply to this one:-

1)I know.I never said she created it.Just kept it going after finding out.

2)Could you pm me the post if possible.I find that quite possibly the worst line in the show(the sacrifice thing is the worst but I'm grouping them here .If you agree with one and just think the other is good then cool.and I'm hardly alone in this).
    Just the fact she thinks Wanda is the victim here is just....(I'm saying even though I understand why she did said thing, still doesn't make it right).Like a drunk driver killing pedestrians.Now the driver may have lost family and was grieving but what consolation is that to the driver's victims.

3)Yeah.Just pointing something out that I found intriguing.I didn't claim they were making the comparison, just said that I saw said thing and I found it intriguing enough to post.

4)Never said that.I'm not saying that she didn't have motivations and the trauma to back her decisions.Just saying that if you look at this from other POV's than Wanda or even a third person prespective and aren't told who's the hero she come's off as an empathetic bad guy.
    Thanos is a villain and his motivation is saving the world and his method while cruel worked in the past.
    Wanda is a hero who (after having unleashed the hulk and mind-f*cking Tony into Ultron) went ahead and kept the Hex up after realizing what it does.Her motivations were in part revenge and her own family.
    I mean...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the problem with Monica is she was poised to be the character who was sympathetic and willing to listen to Wanda and whether that was warranted or deserved depends upon how you view Wanda's actions in the Hex. In my personal opinion, it wasn't justified.

(Also Hayward was kind of unnecessary).
    All this (10 character minimum limit)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Jeez, will you stop now, this is getting embarassing.
    The lewd stuff is clearly a bloody joke, I explained right away, I was claiming you a beating a dead horse and bringing no actual fresh topic to the table.
    Okay.
    I wasn't here when WV aired and clearly have no idea how much this has been discussed do I...