Page 302 of 774 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352402 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's over 80 years of history. Unless you read everything, it's not gonna matter if it's grounded and realistic or fantastical. It's gonna be a lot to make sense out of. It takes years of reading the material. The movies if they continue on for decades like comics will be that way as well.
    Good Lord I hope the movies don't become like the comic books. I think it's fantastic that Kevin Feige didn't get involved in the comic book business himself. I think his distance from the comics industry helps him make better movies and shows. I think he's annoyed by the same things that have driven readers away over the decades so he's avoiding them. I'm glad he's deviating from the source material when he feels that would make better films and TV series.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...actually.html/

MY stance on magic has been very simple and consistent on these CBR threads. In my opinion, for any magical/fantasy story to work, it means that magic has to have costs. If it doesn't then the acquisition of magical powers becomes effortless and without consequences. Makes for very BORING stories that have no conflict or drama. Magic systems are built on this premise. And lots of fantasy fans have embraced this idea. I'm not sure if Marvel and/or DC has though. I wonder if this concept will ever be adopted in the MCU (I think it should). WandaVision has hinted at it, but I want to see it further explored.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 04-22-2021 at 09:20 PM.

Spectacular Member Darth WandaVision's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Their are Many Pages to the Story, But here are IMO the 3 Key Pages in Understanding Wanda and Where her Mind was TRULY at with her Kids and how was able to Honor and how she was able to Move Past It all becoming Stronger!

These are Facts ALL Fans Should Know about Wanda Before just using Dissembles or HoM as the only Reference to say about Wanda's History, Honor and True Truth in all Characters is in the Canon, not a Story That Does not honor Canon like AD and HoM!

As Phoenixx9 Would Say, If you truly want to Judge a Character, you should Know their True and a Majority of their history!

~sniffles~

Dreams and fantasies are something to hold on to.

Aaand pain is a part of living.

The premise of WandaVision was there all along!

Extraordinary Member

I think it's more about Roy Thomas using Wanda's probability manipulation power(and her being a nexus being) as a theme to explore the idea of her fate not being doomed. That she actually had a chance/probability to live a happy life. And that's enough to give Wanda courage to move on.
    So I would not really call this fantasy, it's an actual possibility for her.
    Wanda can hold on to whatever little hope life gave her.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Darth WandaVision View Post
    ~sniffles~

Dreams and fantasies are something to hold on to.

Aaand pain is a part of living.

The premise of WandaVision was there all along!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I think it's more about Roy Thomas using Wanda's probability manipulation power(and her being a nexus being) as a theme to explore the idea of her fate not being doomed. That she actually had a chance/probability to live a happy life. And that's enough to give Wanda courage to move on.
    So I would not really call this fantasy, it's an actual possibility for her.
    Wanda can hold on to whatever little hope life gave her.
    It would not suprise me in the least when the creators of WandaVision where taking story elements to add to the show that they took some of this as well!

This IMO Shows just how Strong Willed and Beautiful Wanda is in Enduring threw HeartLose and Pain, that threw these alternate unvierses she does not gain jelousy or anger, she gains strenght knowing another Wanda has found Happiness in the life she had hoped for as well and threw that she gains strengh by that too.

It is a Beautiful Story that should be in the Minds of all Fans of Love for Wanda or for being critical fo her should know.

Wanda is shown to Truly Great Beauty hear indeed Darth WandaVision and MaximoffTrash, she is Striving threw pain, lost and hardship like no Mother or Woman should ever have too, but she finds strenght threw the pain and that pain no matte what is part of living.'

That even remembering her kids lost is part of her life and she rather have the memory of them even with pain then to lose it forever by it being erased from her mind.

THESE are resons why Darth WandaVision we find so much beauty and strength in this woman named Wanda Maximoff!

It was indeed shown in the presense of WandaVision cause it is a cornerstone of who she really is and how Truly she is One of the Strongest and most lovely heroes I know cause of all she Fights for and Rises from!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Good Lord I hope the movies don't become like the comic books. I think it's fantastic that Kevin Feige didn't get involved in the comic book business himself. I think his distance from the comics industry helps him make better movies and shows. I think he's annoyed by the same things that have driven readers away over the decades so he's avoiding them. I'm glad he's deviating from the source material when he feels that would make better films and TV series.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...actually.html/

MY stance on magic has been very simple and consistent on these CBR threads. In my opinion, for any magical/fantasy story to work, it means that magic has to have costs. If it doesn't then the acquisition of magical powers becomes effortless and without consequences. Makes for very BORING stories that have no conflict or drama. Magic systems are built on this premise. And lots of fantasy fans have embraced this idea. I'm not sure if Marvel and/or DC has though. I wonder if this concept will ever be adopted in the MCU (I think it should). WandaVision has hinted at it, but I want to see it further explored.
    Feige is well read in comics and worked in the office before becoming head of the studio. It was where his problems with Ike Perlmutter started. So he's not separated from comics at all. And now leads a lot of the departments of Marvel outside of the studio.

Magic already has had costs in comics. You've been told as much in previous discussions.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Over 300 pages of Wanda Appreciation! An amazing feat worth of Ms Maximoff herself.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    More like “How it shouldn’t have ended”. I didn’t like any of that.

Thanks for sharing, of course, been a while since I was on that channel.

As crazy as it may sound, I like the one from “CartoonHooligans” more. At least that one portrayed Wanda in a positive way!

Feige is well read in comics and worked in the office before becoming head of the studio. It was where his problems with Ike Perlmutter started. So he's not separated from comics at all. And now leads a lot of the departments of Marvel outside of the studio.

Magic already has had costs in comics. You've been told as much in previous discussions.
    I meant that Feige was not a writer, artist, or editor at Marvel Comics. Wasn't part of the publishing division until relatively recently. I know he pursued his film studies and that gave him a good grasp of the producing side of things. I just know that when comic book professionals try their hands at movies and television, they sometimes don't do so great. Feige has been successful at it. He knows when to ditch the problematic stuff in the comic books while staying true to the essence and spirit of the characters and storylines.

I read that Strange had costs to using his magic, but then I found out on his thread that that concept was discarded some time ago. I know some comic book fans don't like "magic having a price", but I actually really like the idea, if it's executed properly. You can limit deus ex machinas that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I meant that Feige was not a writer, artist, or editor at Marvel Comics. Wasn't part of the publishing division until relatively recently. I know he pursued his film studies and that gave him a good grasp of the producing side of things. I just know that when comic book professionals try their hands at movies and television, they sometimes don't do so great. Feige has been successful at it. He knows when to ditch the problematic stuff in the comic books while staying true to the essence and spirit of the characters and storylines.

I read that Strange had costs to using his magic, but then I found out on his thread that that concept was discarded some time ago. I know some comic book fans don't like "magic having a price", but I actually really like the idea, if it's executed properly. You can limit deus ex machinas that way.
    It's just writer inconsistecy which will always happen in comics. When a new writer comes in, they change things to fit the story they want to tell. The only way to end that is to end stories really. Because with a medium that's gone on for 80+ years, people move on, retire or die.

There is cost, it isn't always followed.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 04-23-2021 at 03:32 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

It's just writer inconsistecy which will always happen in comics. When a new writer comes in, they change things to fit the story they want to tell. The only way to end that is to end stories really. Because with a medium that's gone on for 80+ years, people move on, retire or die.

There is cost, it isn't always followed.
    Yeah, what you say makes total sense. I also just want to let you know that I greatly respect your opinions on Wanda's history. I've never had any reason to doubt your understanding of this unique character. So I believe you when you say there are costs to Wanda's magic. Full stop. Maybe my problem is that I sort of see Wanda as not just as a superhero character, but kind of like a fantasy one too. So I think the rules in the literary fantasy genre would actually fit her rather well. But I doubt folks on this thread think of her as a fantasy character (I think the overwhelming consensus here is that she's strictly a superhero character). As Clea on the Strange thread put it so eloquently, I've become absolutely fascinated in the logic behind successful world building and storytelling in regards to the fantasy genre in the past couple of months. And that's largely due to WandaVision, surprisingly. After I read a Slate article about the final magical battle between Agatha and Wanda. I'm very lucky that Clea and DigiCom are quite interested in that kind of thing as well. I'm even sort of surprised that Wanda fans are curious about it too! Like gurkle mentioned previously, I thought Scarlet Witch fans had LONG given up on her powers having any sort of consistency. I actually don't think that's the case.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 04-23-2021 at 05:24 PM.

With the announcement of Cap4, I’m hoping MoM becomes “Doctor Strange and the Scarlet Witch”. Wanda and Lizzie deserve some respect.

Extraordinary Member

No, I don't think it would be good for Wanda if she seemed to be stealing Doctor Strange's movie from him. I'll settle for her not being evil (still something I'm not completely confident about) and having the kind of role Black Widow had in Captain America's second movie.

I really didn't like how Iron Man and the Avengers stole Cap's third movie from him. I don't think Steve ever really got the conclusion to his story that he really deserved.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    No, I don't think it would be good for Wanda if she seemed to be stealing Doctor Strange's movie from him. I'll settle for her not being evil (still something I'm not completely confident about) and having the kind of role Black Widow had in Captain America's second movie.

I really didn't like how Iron Man and the Avengers stole Cap's third movie from him. I don't think Steve ever really got the conclusion to his story that he really deserved.
    Maybe we should've gotten an actual CA3 after Civil war

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe we should've gotten an actual CA3 after Civil war
    Well of course we should have and that would have made CA4 a true 4th movie.

I agree, I do not want Wanda stealing Doc's movie out from under him. We need to be happy with Wanda being in it with a major role.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well of course we should have and that would have made CA4 a true 4th movie.

I agree, I do not want Wanda stealing Doc's movie out from under him. We need to be happy with Wanda being in it with a major role.
    I'm ok with Wanda having a supporting role. I hope she'll get more to do down the road.

But I do have to say, I like the heroes more when they're interacting wirh other heroes. Of course they need alone time too, but I like how the sequels are involving heroes in supporting roles too