Page 216 of 774 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316716 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    The X-Men were being sidelined for years for the Avengers comics after their movies became big but the X-films remained with Fox until the buyout. Marvel has them being the villains to the Avengers, first in A v X, then to the Inhumans for daring to protest against the effects of the Terrigen gas that destroyed or stole mutant lives for a transformation process that was always a private ceremony and had no need to be released into an unsuspecting population. That’s not a complex, that’s fact.
    The ban on X stuff hit merchandise the hardest. Not really comics, because they still had six comics (they have about the same amount now, in comparison Avengers have two). They stopped everything else completely. Toys, cartoons, video games. That's where that was hurt the most.

Unfortunately, instead of working together to demand better treatment overall, a toxic rivalry has formed between X-fans and Avengers/Wanda fans. This isn’t to say all X-Men fans hate Wanda, or blame her for Marvel’s treatment. Nor is to say all Avengers fans look down on the X-Men stories or their premise, or resent them for Wanda’s situation. Many here are both X-Men and Wanda fans. Even those who are one of the other would prefer there to be either more separation to protect the franchise and characters therein, or just equal treatment when the two franchises take part in events. But those who are one and the other, and can’t help but troll and make the toxicity worse, are loud and obvious.
    Yeah it's been bad for years. Even in appreciation threads. I see it far less outside of the forums though.

The rivalry is also being fed by Marvel because corporate thinks that the anger that results between the two sets of fans would net them more money than an event where they are both treated fairly and the fans aren’t at each other’s throats about it.
    Yep, in the end Marvel is the one at fault here. They write these stories and keep milking them.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Simon "Si Spurrier" Spurrier
    @sispurrier 45 min
    Uh-oh. In-world attitudes being mistaken for the storyteller's personal views. It's been a while.

IDK if in world is any excuse for this.
    I don’t have to believe he personally believes Wanda is a bad character to write this, or that it speaks to his religious beliefs. I just have to see the complete lack of nuance in having a song about a Romani woman and a witch being the enemy of a state to an oppressed group that claims she committed genocide, and an antagonistic figure to overcome.

Ultimate Member

I agree the X-Men were badly treated. Sidelining them was wrong. Thats kinda why I'm over the mutants being persecuted. Give them something else!8

Discontinuing the X-Men outside of comics wasn't right either

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I don’t have to believe he personally believes Wanda is a bad character to write this, or that it speaks to his religious beliefs. I just have to see the complete lack of nuance in having a song about a Romani woman and a witch being the enemy of a state to an oppressed group that claims she committed genocide, and an antagonistic figure to overcome.
    Especially a group led by attractive White people

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, if Marvel themselves won't use Wanda, IDW will.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/che-...ngers-in-june/
    Nice to see the Marvel Action books using Wanda more.
    Captain Marvel #28 variant. Wonder if Wanda will be there

They made lots of money for House of M, I guess it is even out of stock.

It's impressive how they never let it go, because they never forgive women
    Wanda looks weird to me here. I don't know if it's the hair or something but she looks kind of off.

Extraordinary Member

Spurrier added this Tweet after complaints about the Wanda hate song: “And, anxious Wandafans, be at peace. That the SW is a figure of cultural gravity for mutants is no surprise. But please, don't assume that's going to play out in any way you imagine...)”

Well, I still doubt it’ll be anything good, but at least now they have to acknowledge that Wanda has fans.

Lol, we'll see. Not that any of us will trust that until we see proof. It's been too long.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    just as we were speaking ...

Wanda can't catch a break

https://twitter.com/sispurrier/statu...64331831136256
    I think people need to chill about this. From what Simon has been tweeting, I don't think this is going to be a hate fest about Wanda. The fact that Nightcrawler is the lead of the book, and he's actually one of the X-Men who seemed to be on good terms with Wanda after M-Day makes me think this book will have a much more nuanced take on the whole Wanda situation than the boogeyman stuff we got on Hickman's flagship book. Simon literally tweeted that SW fans with negative reactions shouldn't worry because the story isn't going where they think it's going, so I'm confident he'll be more fair to Wanda as a character.

And like, just take a look at those lyrics. They scream weird cult shit. ''Crucible is dignity''? Yeah, I'm not buying this song will be portrayed as something 100% positive. The thing is, to explore why those things are questionable, they need to address the situation. They need to address why they hate Wanda, because, like it or not, this has been established to be a part of their culture now, and this book deals with that. It wasn't even a canon part of Krakoa that he created; he's just acknowledging what came before, so I wouldn't rush to shoot the messenger unless he does something specifically bad to Wanda, which right now I'm not convinced he will.

And BTW, apparently the phrase written in krakoan language on that same teaser translates to “Something is rotten in the state of Krakoa”, so yeah, that definitely doesn't sound like the book will defend everything that happens in Krakoa. Let's wait and see. He probably could've chosen a better way to tease the book that wouldn't immediately get a raise from Wanda fans, but I'm actually pretty hopeful about the story, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Just pull a Moondragon move and bring a Wanda from another reality where M-day never happened, she will probably get hate but just for being another Wanda
    Well, it's not that simple. Wanda is a character that has existed for decades. Bringing a character from another reality to replace her would mean getting rid of all of her development over the years for the sake of one story... I'm not sure if that's worth it. Plus, Moondragon wasn't just replaced; the 616 version of her still exists. She was just merged with her AU version, so now both coexist as one, but the 616 Moondragon is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The ban on X stuff hit merchandise the hardest. Not really comics, because they still had six comics (they have about the same amount now, in comparison Avengers have two). They stopped everything else completely. Toys, cartoons, video games. That's where that was hurt the most.
    The X-Line has way more than six books now. Last I checked, they were in the double figures of books, LOL. But that aside, I agree that the ''boycott'' on the X-Men didn't affect actual publication of comics that much. They were still allowed to have multiple X-Men books, unlike the Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wanda looks weird to me here. I don't know if it's the hair or something but she looks kind of off.
    It's the hair for me. She really looks like a different character with black hair.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-22-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Question

Never Mind Drops of Venus answered my question, Thanks. ^^^
    Last edited by CJStriker; 03-22-2021 at 06:52 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Honestly then who is this, is he a writer I don’t recognize the name, sorry for my confusion?

It was nice reading those complaining about the Wanda Hate outranked the ones supporting it, so Wanda supporters are more legion the a decade and 1/2 old bad story.
    He's the writer of Way Of X, the book which fill feature the ''hate song'' about Wanda. As a matter of fact, he was the one who teased the song in the first place, and now he's trying to reassure Wanda fans it's not going to be that bad. I don't follow his work, so I'm not sure how much history he has writing Wanda, if any at all. But from the sound of his tweets, I don't have any reason to believe he has ill intentions so far. I think it's possible the teaser is just deliberately misleading (or not, if you consider the krakoan phrase).

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    He's the writer of Way Of X, the book which fill feature the ''hate song'' about Wanda. As a matter of fact, he was the one who teased the song in the first place, and now he's trying to reassure Wanda fans it's not going to be that bad. I don't follow his work, so I'm not sure how much history he has writing Wanda, if any at all. But from the sound of his tweets, I don't have any reason to believe he has ill intentions. I think it's possible the teaser is just deliberately misleading (or not, if you consider the krakoan phrase).
    Thanks for that, an honest truth about me is that I am REALLY bad at remembering names, so now I get why this got the early reactions it did.

But after you 411 on it as well as that reply it gives me a better sense this is not a hit piece on Wanda, but more of Krako society having to come to terms with truths of what propaganda their society has created. We need to wait and see but it was good seeing more cone to Wanda’s aid then not, shows times have changed.

Thanks for your detailed view, it helped allot of us out allot!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think people need to chill about this. From what Simon has been tweeting, I don't think this is going to be a hate fest about Wanda. The fact that Nightcrawler is the lead of the book, and he's actually one of the X-Men who seemed to be on good terms with Wanda after M-Day makes me think this book will have a much more nuanced take on the whole Wanda situation than the boogeyman stuff we got on Hickman's flagship book. Simon literally tweeted that SW fans with negative reactions shouldn't worry because the story isn't going where they think it's going, so I'm confident he'll be more fair to Wanda as a character.

And like, just take a look at those lyrics. They scream weird cult shit. ''Crucible is dignity''? Yeah, I'm not buying this song will be portrayed as something 100% positive. The thing is, to explore why those things are questionable, they need to address the situation. They need to address why they hate Wanda, because, like it or not, this has been established to be a part of their culture now, and this book deals with that. It wasn't even a canon part of Krakoa that he created; he's just acknowledging what came before, so I wouldn't rush to shoot the messenger unless he does something specifically bad to Wanda, which right now I'm not convinced he will.

And BTW, apparently the phrase written in krakoan language on that same teaser translates to “Something is rotten in the state of Krakoa”, so yeah, that definitely doesn't sound like the book will defend everything that happens in Krakoa. Let's wait and see. He probably could've chosen a better way to tease the book that wouldn't immediately get a raise from Wanda fans, but I'm actually pretty hopeful about the story, all things considered.

Well, it's not that simple. Wanda is a character that has existed for decades. Bringing a character from another reality to replace her would mean getting rid of all of her development over the years for the sake of one story... I'm not sure if that's worth it. Plus, Moondragon wasn't just replaced; the 616 version of her still exists. She was just merged with her AU version, so now both coexist as one, but the 616 Moondragon is still there.

The X-Line has way more than six books now. Last I checked, they were in the double figures of books, LOL. But that aside, I agree that the ''boycott'' on the X-Men didn't affect actual publication of comics that much. They were still allowed to have multiple X-Men books, unlike the Fantastic Four.

It's the hair for me. She really looks like a different character with black hair.
    I was referring to main team books, not solo books. Because by that account. Avengers have way more than two. It's just not technically Avengers books.

Wanda fans have every reason to doubt comics change in how they treat her, especially in the X-books. Seeing is believing. After all these years, it's on them to fix it and prove they aren't just doing more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I was referring to main team books, not solo books. Because by that account. Avengers have way more than two. It's just not technically Avengers books.

Wanda fans have every reason to doubt comics change in how they treat her, especially in the X-books. Seeing is believing. After all these years, it's on them to fix it and prove they aren't just doing more damage.
    Yes, they have to move forward.

The problem is how things get dragged and the resolution is very lukewarm.

About the "something is rotten on Krakoa" I dont think it has to do with Wanda. It has to do with some menaces lurking around and whatever secrets they have.
    i don't believe Nightcrawler gonna be a Wanda hater, but if people are expecting any resolution to this they will be dissapointed

it is another salt on the wound and anothe roast, that it isn't welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Especially a group led by attractive White people
    It's funny how x-men demnize a poc chaarcter, while their leaders are white;
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-22-2021 at 07:10 PM.

Lightbulb

Yes, they have to move forward.

The problem is how things get dragged and the resolution is very lukewarm.

About the "something is rotten on Krakoa" I dont think it has to do with Wanda. It has to do with some menaces lurking around and whatever secrets they have.
    i don't believe Nightcrawler gonna be a Wanda hater, but if people are expecting any resolution to this they will be dissapointed
    Yea I would not expect any big deal to it, but dips the author is in some way getting at something about Wanda, it might at least get a ball rolling a bit at the very least.

Also while I think more X-Men are friends with Wanda then the debates here tend to give, Nightcrawler is still one of the best that has supported Wanda. Just hope that continues in this story if that is the case.

Extraordinary Member

I am more frustrated that Wanda has no actual steady comic appearance in a team or solo book and has to be dragged by X-books at the same time.
    That is some intense flashbacks to the 2005-2012 period.