Page 26 of 774 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No I don't watch cable. I watch streaming stuff mostly. And when I'm not doing that I play video games.

I hope it's as great as the initial reviews.
    Wow. You can't be that old if you're embracing this new technology. I still haven't to a large extent. But I guess I'll have to drag myself into the 21st century soon. I'm surprised you play video games that much. I figured you to be more of a reader of books to tell you the truth.

And I've changed my mind about who the mystery actor that Bettany wanted to work with. I think it will be Peters. And I think Peters will be Quicksilver because Bettany described the two having real fireworks together. It's possible Schaeffer and co. want to bring the sometimes unpleasant relationship between Quicksilver and Vision into the MCU. I just hope it is light-hearted and doesn't last too long.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-11-2021 at 09:10 AM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Exclamation

Good Morning America!

Elizabeth Olsen as Our Favorite Wanda Maximoff was on GOOD MORNING AMERICA!!!

This is our Reality fellow Wanda Fans, let’s just take this ALL-IN for a Moment! ^_^

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Hard to believe (Hopefully) Wanda's (and Vision's) big break is happening in 4 days time.

Looking good, love the banter

WandaVision Writer Says Love Story Is Cute... Until It's Not
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-love...until-its-not/

WandaVision Star Teases Full Scarlet Witch Transformation That Will Bust the Doors Down
    WandaVision will see Scarlet Witch deal with loss and develop into a mature individual.
    https://movieweb.com/wandavision-sca...izabeth-olsen/

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    I think such critisim is valid when writers apparently belive the potrayel of strong women can only come along with every male in their story being weak and/or evil.

The first Wonder Woman movie was a perfect example how to make it right. "Captain Marvel" at least had one strong male character, that main Guy from the Skrull. My main gripe with that movie is that I think Nick Fury was goofy, for the lack of a better word.

Some people sream "SJW" just when they see strong female characters, without further looking into it.
    Which happens rarely. And is justified in cases where they are specifically tackling issues of colonialism. Or other direct impacts like white supremacy.

It only isn't in cases where they handle it in such a poor way that it's not much of a compliment to the marginalized character.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Wow. You can't be that old if you're embracing this new technology. I still haven't to a large extent. But I guess I'll have to drag myself into the 21st century soon. I'm surprised you play video games that much. I figured you to be more of a reader of books to tell you the truth.

And I've changed my mind about who the mystery actor that Bettany wanted to work with. I think it will be Peters. And I think Peters will be Quicksilver because Bettany described the two having real fireworks together. It's possible Schaeffer and co. want to bring the sometimes unpleasant relationship between Quicksilver and Vision into the MCU. I just hope it is light-hearted and doesn't last too long.
    I'm 40 years old. Video games aren't that new. People older than myself created them. Same with streaming. It's just a repeat of subscription channels that eventually ended up packaged in with cable.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Wait until Wanda got the Captain Marvel treatment from certain "fans" for "overwokeness", god I sound like a gatekeeper but I will be glad to flush them out of the fandom.
    I doubt the dudebros would hate Wanda, they use her against Captain Marvel, they prefer Wanda to be "the most powerful" over Carol because they really hate her with the core.

Maybe if Captain Marvel wasn't around then i know they would be against Wanda. Because they have something against powerful females

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    It is remarkable how much it felt like a I Love Lucy era sitcom. I use to watch reruns as a child, and it bought me back to that in the best way. I wonder if the dinner with Debra Jo Rupp is supposed to be what they’re forgetting.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    I think such critisim is valid when writers apparently belive the potrayel of strong women can only come along with every male in their story being weak and/or evil.

The first Wonder Woman movie was a perfect example how to make it right. "Captain Marvel" at least had one strong male character, that main Guy from the Skrull. My main gripe with that movie is that I think Nick Fury was goofy, for the lack of a better word.

Some people sream "SJW" just when they see strong female characters, without further looking into it.
    People were bashing the Captain Marvel movie even before It hit cinemas

The truth is that after Captain Marvel started to get so much hate after the Civil War II comic and then they hate the actress Brie Larsson for saying she wants more representation

Lizzie's reaction to the fan theory that Wanda could become a villain (at 2:56)

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Lizzie's reaction to the fan theory that Wanda could become a villain (at 2:56)

I like her answer because she reminds them of the purpose of that evolution of the character. And from things I've read it seems that this is a progression for the character. Not the destruction that people seem to want, so their mutant theories can come to life.

I also like that we will find out what happened with Vision after he died. Them bridging the stories like that will be great.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-11-2021 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    It is remarkable how much it felt like a I Love Lucy era sitcom. I use to watch reruns as a child, and it bought me back to that in the best way. I wonder if the dinner with Debra Jo Rupp is supposed to be what they’re forgetting.
    I really like the music. Very light-hearted and goofy.