Page 226 of 774 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326726 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't like them making Agatha into a villain but she didn't really do anything that was terribly villainous. She wanted to steal Wanda's power, but it seems like she just wanted it for its own sake, and because Wanda was "undeserving" of such power and Agatha would be better equipped to handle it. Agatha did some bad things and had no problem brainwashing people (so she's not better than Wanda), but hurting people wasn't her main goal. We wanted to see Wanda beat Agatha because we didn't want Wanda to die, but it wasn't a battle to decide the fate of the world or even the fate of Wanda's family (she already knew what had to happen to them), it was just a personal fight over whether Wanda would accept her fate to be the Scarlet Witch, or just give up and die.

Hayward was ridiculous though. Almost everything Agatha says about Wanda is true, and that's why it helps her to hear it, while Hayward just spends the whole show lying about Wanda and painting her as a villain. They could have made him much more nuanced, but instead it turns out he was only pretending to be nice to Monica and Wanda to cover up his evil schemes.

Edit: OK, killing Sparky is pretty villainous, but to be fair, he would probably have also disappeared with the Hex.
    Yeah, I don't think I should have used the term villainous. But her motivations seemed kind of MURKY to me. A couple of more episodes could have fleshed this out though. I just liked AGNES more because her personality was so mysterious, enigmatic and most of all FUNNY. Agatha was sort of funny at the beginning of her battle with Wanda in Episode 9, but then she became an exposition machine after the laser show began in earnest. I think the writers were forced to make her that way in order to transition Wanda into the Multiverse of Madness. Killing Sparky is pretty bad, but I could easily see Marvel Studios making him out to be a "fake" magical construct as well. That's why I felt Vision didn't really "die" in the show. He wasn't really "alive" to begin with.

I felt bad for Josh Stamberg. He even asked "What can we do to keep Hayward from just being mustache twirly?" He wasn't a total villain because in Episode 4 he seemed like a good dude. But after that it was just downhill from there for him. I hope he gets redeemed later somehow. I liked Stamberg and I felt he did the best he could with his role.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I actually hope her partner would be Ian McNee, Modred or Victoria Montesi.
    Samson is a great character but I am prefer her hang out with people in her own circle if that makes any sense.
    He's the only therapist in Marvel Comics I knew about. So that's why he's the punchline. But your choices are cool and I'd say use them all.

Samson fills the role of the "normie" in these kind of shows. You need an everyman to ground these mystic types.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-24-2021 at 08:21 PM.

Ultimate Member

I mean they didn't really use many characters related to her in WV. Her circle is not that big, but big enough to form a sizable supporting cast.
    If she is gonna deal with Chthon in her next solo/co-star project, she will needs friends in mystical fields.
    Modred could serve both as a temporary villain and helper for her with understanding Darkhold. Ian McNee is the scholar, so it's natural for him to explain stuff about magic lore. If it's Victoria, then they can explore their fate together.
    I kinda agree but most Avengers outside of the big 4 don't have much solo material so i have no problem with her borrowing from other parts of the Marvel universe

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Watch season 2 be WandaSamson. She hangs out with Doctor Samson who becomes her unwitting accomplice/therapist.

Ty Burrell's schedule looks to be wide open Marvel .
    I don't think I'd want a whole show of that. She does need a therapist but it should only be part of it, not the whole thing. Otherwise it'd get incredibly boring.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, I don't think I should have used the term villainous. But her motivations seemed kind of MURKY to me. A couple of more episodes could have fleshed this out though. I just liked AGNES more because her personality was so mysterious, enigmatic and most of all FUNNY. Agatha was sort of funny at the beginning of her battle with Wanda in Episode 9, but then she became an exposition machine after the laser show began in earnest. I think the writers were forced to make her that way in order to transition Wanda into the Multiverse of Madness. Killing Sparky is pretty bad, but I could easily see Marvel Studios making him out to be a "fake" magical construct as well. That's why I felt Vision didn't really "die" in the show. He wasn't really "alive" to begin with.

I felt bad for Josh Stamberg. He even asked "What can we do to keep Hayward from just being mustache twirly?" He wasn't a total villain because in Episode 4 he seemed like a good dude. But after that it was just downhill from there for him. I hope he gets redeemed later somehow. I liked Stamberg and I felt he did the best he could with his role.
    I mean he is an actor playing a one-off character, Hayward simply doesn't matter, he served his purpose and I thank him for that.

Again, I think MCU Wanda's theme should be refusal to be defined by your own trauma and maybe the struggle against her own written fate(the mystical theme of denying a prophecy).
    This is very true. When Englehart wrote her he said he wanted her thing to be perseverance. That she has this great inner strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Wanda's circle isn't that big though
    Wanda has come across all of those three. And several more. She's had a lot of close personal relationships that modern comics has forgotten. She even took on her own magical apprentice.

No, it wasn't confusing at all!

I think they wanted Monica to stick up for Wanda because they knew that would make the audience like Monica. And they did.
    I think they did it because they wanted them to bond over loss and the show was about loss and how to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, I wish Wanda could have gotten therapy just like Bucky did. But for some reason, Marvel Studios thinks he's deserving and worthy of it, but she's not. WandaVision was about mental illness according to Olsen herself. And a key part of dealing with it is through therapy and medication. I know it's a superhero show so I thought they wouldn't show therapy sessions in it, but they're literally DOING that in the Falcon and the Winter Soldier. I don't really consider Agatha to be a therapist. I mean she sorta was, but she also traded laser beams with Wanda in the finale. So that got kinda weird. I do think the ending of WandaVision would have been ABSOLUTELY satisfying if it wasn't so closely tied to the Multiverse of Madness. I think it could have been one of the greatest superhero shows EVER if it was allowed to do its own thing. I wouldn't mind a second WandaVision series to fix up what happened in Westview. It doesn't even have to be a big part of that series (they could mostly focus on other things). I totally think it could be done. And Wanda WILL be forgiven if she tried to make amends. Just like Bucky probably will be. And I've really grown to like and enjoy the Winter Soldier just from watching that first episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Stan's doing a great job.
    We don't know yet how they will approach Wanda's recovery from this because it has not been shown yet. Bucky has only just started to get therapy. After all this time not being programmed anymore. Give Marvel time to complete their story about Wanda yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think I'd want a whole show of that. She does need a therapist but it should only be part of it, not the whole thing. Otherwise it'd get incredibly boring.
    It's a joke guys.

Plus there are other plots going on. Samson is gonna be the Normie character these kind of shows need.

Wanda is Doctor Who, Samson is the companion the Doctor bounces off.

I definitely wish the show had ended with her getting some actual therapy, which I think would have been much more consistent with the creators' message. I suspect the need to lead directly into Doctor Strange 2 made the ending more unsatisfying than it needed to be. I just hope the actual movie doesn't put her in a bad place, but maybe the WandaVision people will come back for the followup series (maybe there won't be one, but I think it's very likely at this point).

It's sad that the only living person in the show who helped her with her trauma was the wicked witch who was only doing it so she could steal Wanda's power. And interesting that even though Monica kept talking about wanting to help Wanda, it was Agatha who actually helped her by giving her tough love, first by forcing her to remember what had happened in the past, and then by showing her what she was doing to the people of the town. The (unintentional) message is that Monica wasn't helping by coddling her.
    I think both empathy and tough love are things that can be helpful or detrimental depending. But neither Agatha or Monica are professionals so they won't be as helpful as seeking like CBT for instance. Wanda needs support and critique but she needs that to come from a source that either won't be further traumatizing or too soft on the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's a joke guys.

Plus there are other plots going on. Samson is gonna be the Normie character these kind of shows need.

Wanda is Doctor Who, Samson is the companion the Doctor bounces off.
    Oh I took it seriously because I'd actually like to see Doc in some capacity in the universe. I don't know how the rights work with him. If Universal has him or what-not, but it'd be cool.

Extraordinary Member

Speaking of which, I was a little disappointed that they didn't talk about girls' names for their kids should they have daughters instead.
    I know it's probably because MCU Wanda is not a pagan and thus the name "Diana" would come out of nowhere and potentially remind people of Wonder Woman or something. And Wanda's daughters from AUs are like really obscure, like who remembers Kya?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Again, I think MCU Wanda's theme should be refusal to be defined by your own trauma and maybe the struggle against her own written fate(the mystical theme of denying a prophecy).
    This is very true. When Englehart wrote her he said he wanted her thing to be perseverance. That she has this great inner strength.
    I think both empathy and tough love are things that can be helpful or detrimental depending. But neither Agatha or Monica are professionals so they won't be as helpful as seeking like CBT for instance. Wanda needs support and critique but she needs that to come from a source that either won't be further traumatizing or too soft on the truth.
    Ohh I Total Agree with this view, I think like most past stories I have seen, Like I have said before in Anime and other Mediums, the protaganist of the story(Wanda) has to go threw so great changes and realizations about themselves, but in the process go threw dark times that have to reshape them to mold themselfs for the next chapter of their lives.

The Hero Now needs to go threw a journey of self-discovery to discipline themselves of the new truths and powers the have. The Moral of the story is that the hero need to learn to start off solving their problems themselfs as a form of being inspiration to the viewer that THEY THEMSELVES can find ways out of similiar problems and troubles they have in their lives. The lesson being you have to learn to find you own inner strenght and have hope threw that you can better yourself and you are able and have hope in fixing the mistakes you have made by becoming a better person learning from them.

Yes, Wana should get Help like Bucky is getting and anyone going threw such trauma and mental issues in their lives should seak help right aways.

My point as it pertains to storied characters as well is that the stories the Hero should do this as well seeking help, but also they need to go threw a story of Self Repair to show they can also make things better by their own coming to truths and becoming stronger threw it.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

We don't know yet how they will approach Wanda's recovery from this because it has not been shown yet. Bucky has only just started to get therapy. After all this time not being programmed anymore. Give Marvel time to complete their story about Wanda yet.
    Indeed, the whole of the show was not to answer all the questions, just to Reshape and Reveal to Wanda she is The Scarlet Witch and that she has a powe she did not know about that she has to control and Trauma she has to learn to recover from. This is just the start of her journey and any good story and character development is NOT finishing in the 1st arch of a characters showing. This was at Best just the warmup, not the Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and call it a day.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!