Page 100 of 774 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 11598
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I didn't realize that when I first watched that episode. I was like why is Wanda being such an asshole in this situation? Then when I saw her popping pills, I figured she was in a pretty bad state. Using her powers last week definitely took a lot out of her. That donnybrook with her "brother" really upset her. I also think she misses Vision a lot. Wanda clearly wants her family to be together again. And so do I. Wanda is most emotionally stable in WandaVision when her hubby is by her side. I must admit I dislike mockumentary sitcoms. They are very smug to me and I've never enjoyed them. Maybe that's why I wasn't too fond of this episode compared to the first six. Agatha was great though.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That is pretty much what I felt Wanda was going threw in last episode to, well said!

It shows Wanda is truly a Character and Lady about the Love and the Loving connections of one’s family!

Also yea I was never to found of the Modern Family style of shows either, but like always Make Miss Olsen as Wanda made me like it, she is indeed THAT Magical!
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking 100 pages!!!

Congratulations Wanda Fan on Making 100 pages of Love and Fandom for Wanda to in under 2 Months!

Last edited by CJStriker; 02-21-2021 at 09:35 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    spoilers:
    That is pretty much what I felt Wanda was going threw in last episode to, well said!

It shows Wanda is truly a Character and Lady about the Love and the Loving connections of one’s family!

Also yea I was never to found of the Modern Family style of shows either, but like always Make Miss Olsen as Wanda made me like it, she is indeed THAT Magical!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I love it that Wanda is a wife and mother FIRST before being a superhero. She never got to be both in the comic books and that element of her character is VERY important to me. I'm sure her personality will soften once Vision comes back. I'm surprised at how dumb he's been during this entire series. After seven episodes, he STILL doesn't know what the hell is going on. I think Wanda's been much more intelligent than him in this show thus far.
    end of spoilers

I'm excited about Doctor Strange 2 as well. More than I thought I would be. And that's largely because of Cumberbatch. I think he plays a cool Stephen. I know Raimi loves Doctor Strange, so he'll treat him right. But I want him to avoid the cringey dialogue that plagued the earlier Spider-Man movies. Key examples:

"It's you who's out Gobby! Out of your mind!"

"Spider-Man. This is why only fools are heroes - because you never know when some lunatic will come along with a sadistic choice. Let die the woman you love... or suffer the little children. Make your choice, Spider-Man, and see how a hero is rewarded."

"You don't understand! I'm not an empty seat anymore! I'm different! Punch me, I bleed!"

I have no evidence to suggest Olsen is unhappy. It's just in interviews she seemed more excited when she was talking about WandaVision. She was positively GUSHING when talking about working with Bettany and Hahn in particular. I don't think Marvel Studios is interested in bringing ATJ back. I think they're done with the MCU's Quicksilver. Maybe he'll show up in a flashback in a future episode of WandaVision, but with Peters' there, I don't see the point. And please, ditch the romance in Love and Thunder. I hate that shit.
    Wasn't there some easter egg for Doctor Strange in Spider-Man 2? That makes sense now if Sam Raimi was a fan of him. I wonder if Raimi has any involvement with his characters popping up in the new Spider-Man 3 since we know Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, and Alfred Molina are showing up there. I never really had an issue with the dialogue in those movies though, they're comic book movies so it fits.

Has she done any interviews about Doctor Strange 2 yet? I can't imagine there's much she could say about it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    We don't know if Marvel isn't interested on ATJ anymore, the reason Evan Peters was cast is very obvious. I really think quicksilver will remain dead
    That's a pity. So much wasted potential keeping him dead. Should have let him live and killed off Hawkeye in AoU instead.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    spoilers:
    Wanda was indeed dealing with allot in that episode and honestly it is understanalbe with how weird everything was getting and finding out her brother was not her brother or what is going on. It was cause her to doubt everything in her life and she was trying to hold-onto as much as she could. Most people in that situation would freakout, Wanda just wanted to calm things down and have a quited day. Honestly with the last few episodes that was needed.

Also this was mirroring the quirky parent stylings of the Modern Family Era of TV. While I have not seen much of the show of Modern Family, it is mostly what I have seen parts that don't always show 100% loving all the time and can take time for themselves away from kids. So that was what that was about to and Miss Olsen by what I remember of the show nailed it!
    end of spoilers
    Julie Bowen, the actress who plays the mom in Modern Family that Wanda was based on in that episode, actually gave a shoutout to WandaVision and Elizabeth Olsen on Instagram!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLgOUHTrvAC/

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    spoilers:
    I think that plays off some part in comics where Vision was like the balance to Wanda's chaos.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's a nice balance. I already mentioned that I enjoy Vision more in the MCU than in the comic books and cartoons. He's a totally chill dude. Most of the time he's pretty exasperated and confused (which is very likeable and endearing). I totally buy why Wanda would be so fond of him. I also like Wanda more in the MCU than in the comic books and cartoons. She's very friendly and funny to me. And big-hearted as well as intelligent. Sometimes in the comics lately she just looks dumb. And that's embarrassing to me as a big Scarlet Witch fan. Maybe WandaVision will change Wanda's and Vision's personalities in the comic books? I don't like it when they get so broody and maudlin.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It's a nice balance. I already mentioned that I enjoy Vision more in the MCU than in the comic books and cartoons. He's a totally chill dude. Most of the time he's pretty exasperated and confused (which is very likeable and endearing). I totally buy why Wanda would be so fond of him. I also like Wanda more in the MCU than in the comic books and cartoons. She's very friendly and funny to me. And big-hearted as well as intelligent. Sometimes in the comics lately she just looks dumb. And that's embarrassing to me as a big Scarlet Witch fan. Maybe WandaVision will change Wanda's and Vision's personalities in the comic books? I don't like it when they get so broody and maudlin.
    end of spoilers
    Vision is indeed way more charming in the movies than comics.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I feel guilty for saying this but I agree with you guys. However, I like both the comic and MCU versions of Wanda equally. What I'm shocked by is how Marvel hasn't paired Wanda and Vision together again in the comics. I hope that's coming because it always bothered me how long they've been separated. Have they been apart now longer than they were together in real world time?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Wasn't there some easter egg for Doctor Strange in Spider-Man 2? That makes sense now if Sam Raimi was a fan of him. I wonder if Raimi has any involvement with his characters popping up in the new Spider-Man 3 since we know Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, and Alfred Molina are showing up there. I never really had an issue with the dialogue in those movies though, they're comic book movies so it fits.

Has she done any interviews about Doctor Strange 2 yet? I can't imagine there's much she could say about it now.

That's a pity. So much wasted potential keeping him dead. Should have let him live and killed off Hawkeye in AoU instead.
    Yeah, I think there was some mention of Strange in one of those Spider-Man movies. I've seen one interview of her in London. Olsen looks happy, but a bit tired. I know she likes working with Raimi. But WandaVision was HER show. The Multiverse of Madness is Cumberbatch's movie. So it's a different dynamic. I would have put ATJ in WandaVision, but I don't think it's a good idea to bring back dead characters. I do think the MCU will suffer if they keep reviving dead characters. Then they'll be no stakes in the movies and shows. And I think that will be bad. Maybe Hawkeye will surprise you by how good it is. I'm willing to keep an open mind on things.

I feel guilty for saying this but I agree with you guys. However, I like both the comic and MCU versions of Wanda equally. What I'm shocked by is how Marvel hasn't paired Wanda and Vision together again in the comics. I hope that's coming because it always bothered me how long they've been separated. Have they been apart now longer than they were together in real world time?
    I think it's simply because comics did so much damage to the relationship. but I am surprised they didn't do something special that is maybe out of current canon but pays homage to the relationship. It was a part of Wanda's life for a long time.

I think that's because Marvel writers love to portray Vision as Marvel's answer to Star Trek's Data. Which is actually kind of boring. Data was pretty funny on TNG. So was the Doctor on Voyager. Vision is not in the comic books. Vision would never dive under the covers if he heard strange noises outside of his bedroom in the comics. Even Screen Rant published an entire article about how much better Vision is compared to the comic books:

https://screenrant.com/vision-mcu-ve...c-book-better/

Yeah, I think there was some mention of Strange in one of those Spider-Man movies. I've seen one interview of her in London. Olsen looks happy, but a bit tired. I know she likes working with Raimi. But WandaVision was HER show. The Multiverse of Madness is Cumberbatch's movie. So it's a different dynamic. I would have put ATJ in WandaVision, but I don't think it's a good idea to bring back dead characters. I do think the MCU will suffer if they keep reviving dead characters. Then they'll be no stakes in the movies and shows. And I think that will be bad. Maybe Hawkeye will surprise you by how good it is. I'm willing to keep an open mind on things.
    Yeah, there is a difference between lead character and supporting character. I think it can cheapen death if too many characters keep coming back but certain characters have way too much lost potential if they stay dead like Pietro. I haven't liked Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye since his first appearance and I still get annoyed by how much screentime he took up in Age of Ultron and Endgame. Two superior characters died instead of him (Pietro and Natasha) and I'm not even a Natasha fan lol.

I think it's simply because comics did so much damage to the relationship. but I am surprised they didn't do something special that is maybe out of current canon but pays homage to the relationship. It was a part of Wanda's life for a long time.
    There are a lot of other classic couples though who have similarly had a lot of devastating things happen to them to split them apart but they still ended up reuniting in one form or another. Scott/Jean, Peter/MJ (even if they're still not married), DD/Elektra, Alex/Lorna multiple times, Ororo/T'Challa for a brief period, etc. so I'm not sure why this is the one classic couple Marvel is so averse to bringing back together. It's not like Simon is still in the picture.

Yeah, there is a difference between lead character and supporting character. I think it can cheapen death if too many characters keep coming back but certain characters have way too much lost potential if they stay dead like Pietro. I haven't liked Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye since his first appearance and I still get annoyed by how much screentime he took up in Age of Ultron and Endgame. Two superior characters died instead of him (Pietro and Natasha) and I'm not even a Natasha fan lol.

There are a lot of other classic couples though who have similarly had a lot of devastating things happen to them to split them apart but they still ended up reuniting in one form or another. Scott/Jean, Peter/MJ (even if they're still not married), DD/Elektra, Alex/Lorna multiple times, Ororo/T'Challa for a brief period, etc. so I'm not sure why this is the one classic couple Marvel is so averse to bringing back together. It's not like Simon is still in the picture.
    Wanda is currently with Brother Voodoo

Yes, but if Marvel really wanted to put her back with Vision they could break those two up. I mentioned Simon because it seems like somewhere along the lines Marvel felt it was better for Wanda to be linked romantically to Simon instead of Vision like he's an appropriate substitute. Maybe they don't feel comfortable pairing Wanda with a non-human, especially after John Byrne infamously calling Vision a toaster.

Interesting, i guess this is in relation to him running strangers school?

Yes, but if Marvel really wanted to put her back with Vision they could break those two up.
    I hate when they do this arbitrarily.