Page 101 of 774 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    Interesting, i guess this is in relation to him running strangers school?
    It started before that. In Uncanny Avengers #26 by Jim Zub.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Yes, but if Marvel really wanted to put her back with Vision they could break those two up. I mentioned Simon because it seems like somewhere along the lines Marvel felt it was better for Wanda to be linked romantically to Simon instead of Vision like he's an appropriate substitute. Maybe they don't feel comfortable pairing Wanda with a non-human, especially after John Byrne infamously calling Vision a toaster.
    I'd actually like to see the relationship between her and Brother Voodoo explored. But there is no reason they couldn't have a run out of continuity that celebrates Vision and Wanda from the past. Also Wanda and Vision do have a relationship now. Wanda was in The Vision. They are good friends now. And Wanda is like a god-mother to Viv.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'd actually like to see the relationship between her and Brother Voodoo explored. But there is no reason they couldn't have a run out of continuity that celebrates Vision and Wanda from the past. Also Wanda and Vision do have a relationship now. Wanda was in The Vision. They are good friends now. And Wanda is like a god-mother to Viv.
    As I have said before a Wanda and Vision version of Renew your Vows would be a good idea

I hope they don't do that. Because what happened in comics became very weird and complicated for their relationship. To the point where they never interact. It's not necessary. Wanda's already been put through the wringer with her parents, her brother and Vision dying.
    Yeah, that would really suck and makes things needlessly complicated

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I think that's because Marvel writers love to portray Vision as Marvel's answer to Star Trek's Data. Which is actually kind of boring. Data was pretty funny on TNG. So was the Doctor on Voyager. Vision is not in the comic books. Vision would never dive under the covers if he heard strange noises outside of his bedroom in the comics. Even Screen Rant published an entire article about how much better Vision is compared to the comic books:

https://screenrant.com/vision-mcu-ve...c-book-better/
    Sadly, I think it is because this Vision is more of what Wanda created him to be. He was not quite as charming or clueless as some put it, before the series.

He, too, is sort of a construct of Wanda's. Or his reanimation is per her intent.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Yes, but if Marvel really wanted to put her back with Vision they could break those two up. I mentioned Simon because it seems like somewhere along the lines Marvel felt it was better for Wanda to be linked romantically to Simon instead of Vision like he's an appropriate substitute. Maybe they don't feel comfortable pairing Wanda with a non-human, especially after John Byrne infamously calling Vision a toaster.
    I wonder if the MCU Wanda will move on towards Brother Voodoo there, as he will probably be realized there too. I've heard the general ideas of this.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Some things never go back in the bottle. It is probably why Sue never hooked up with Namor when Reed was thought dead (yeah, right). It would have made the first super couple too too weird.

So it is, that it is unlikely W and V will ever be 'this' or what 'was' in the comics, again. I got used to the idea of that quite long ago.
    It was okay when Wanda and Simon were involved, but that still felt a little hollow or like, it was not their personal best.
    I've not been reading many titles in recent years so I'm not seeing the thing with Brother V, but I did see the beginnings and related several years ago now. I would be okay with that continuing if it is.
    ~ Oberon ~

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    I have rather paradox feelings with regards to Wanda and "Agnes" after this Episode.

spoilers:
    Because for one, I am incredibly relived that the show finally has villain. That makes me a lot less worried about Wanda. But, oh boy, they really did that to Agatha. I know here are some to whom Agatha and her mentor–role to Wanda means a lot. I feel with you guys, for me it would be the same if to me it meant as much. To me it just doesn’t. Anyway it’s an odd choice, because it was a misdirect only to long-time comic bock readers. One had a better chance figuring out that “Agnes” is the villain if one *doesn’t* read the comics. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but that seems like the show wants to distance itself from the comic bock community as a whole. Maybe that even is a good sign, considering how Wanda is treated there by some writers and even a large portion of the readers. The final episodes might change my mind, but as of now I wouldn’t mind if “MCU-Wanda” kills this MCU-version of Agatha. And let’s be real here, the survival-rate of MCU-villains isn’t all that great. The best I can think of is a Loki-Thanos dynamic like in the first of the Avengers movies. With the great evil master only in the background and active in the next Doctor Strange movie. And Agatha might have a long road ahead of becoming good (again?). But Agatha killed a dog. Some say there is no coming back from that. John Campea said on his YouTube show “There’s gonna be hell to be paid”. But he rather suspected Wanda to have killed the dog. He also suspected Wanda to have murdered all the children in Westview.

I never cared much about Monica and maybe I never will. Teyonah Parris gives an excellent performance, but nothing that strikes me as unique. I am more intrigued by Kat Dennings’ “Darcy” even though her character has done nothing spectacular. But I just have to I admire her insistence too see the good in Wanda and reach out to her. First off, I find it hilarious, that after everything that has been tried to get through to Wanda, Monica just runs to Wanda’s house. Their confrontation to me was the most intense scene of the episode. For when Wanda throws Monica to the ground, of course now some people think that Monica would have died, if it wasn’t for her new superpowers, which Wanda didn’t know about. Yeah, no. The very brief scene that showed the impact, was a close-up of Monica, and she was moving in the picture for a few frames. So she definitively wasn’t going with 10’s of meters per second. I’ve got the impression that she was even impacting slower than she would have been if she had just fallen from that height. More importantly, right after that Monica was still convinced that Wanda wouldn’t kill her, which would be absurd, if she had just impacted with what should have been deadly velocity. Then there is Wanda’s “Maybe I already am” with regards to being a villain. I think that is just Wanda’s self-hatred speaking here, which is just sad. But again what really matters here is that Wanda had stopped attacking Monica, she doesn’t even throw Monica out of her world, not even after Agatha’s interference. To me that shows Wanda making progress in accepting her grief and reality. To me that also comes along with Wanda now clearly rejecting the “wrong Pietro”, something that wasn’t quite clear to me with the end of last episode.

I am, however, irritated by what the final message of the show might be. The “accepting her grief and reality” would work fine for me, *if* Vision would just be an illusion by Wanda. But he isn’t. For all intends and purposes Vision is alive again. “Let go of him” would mean killing him again – for a third time!!! Maybe “White Vision” would be a good compromise. It would give Wanda her “let go” moment, but for the audience it would be almost certain that Vision as we know will eventually be back again.

To me Vision's interviews where the best. Paul Bettany totally let out being British *lol*.

I’m going with the theory that the rabbit is Doctor Strange. Agatha turned Doctor Strange into a rabbit! How could it be that the Darkhold is out there and being used for a week now and Doctor Strange hasn’t shown up yet?

Or maybe Doctor Strange just doesn’t show up at all. The post credit scene will be that Darcy is still stuck at the outer rim of Westview.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I was surprised at how funny Vision was in this episode. He hasn't had many jokey moments in the last few of them. Wanda was pretty good too. It was harder for her because she didn't have a partner to trade jokes with like Vision did, but Olsen passed the test with flying colors. I thought Vision screaming when that circus dude banged on the door of that truck he was in was great! I thought Wanda's crack about her kids being "made of vibranium" was pretty good too. I just wished she was a better mom in Episode 7, but I guess she was depressed and exhausted so I'll give her a pass on that. I'm looking forward to seeing Wanda and Vision being together again next week!
    end of spoilers
    Yes, this whole episode is about Wanda having depressions. In a “don’t blink or you will miss it moment” it even shows Wanda taking pills. To me that seems to be the first time they take something from Robinsons “Scarlet Witch” – run. Certainly that is not from Brian Michael Bendis, who showed no understanding for physiological issues. In the state she was in, Wanda giving her kids away for presumably a few hours, to a person she trusts, only makes her feel more realistic to me.

But I am a bit disappointed that every time Marvel tackles physiological issues, it starts out great, but then it becomes comedy. It was like that with Tony in “Ironman 3”, with Thor in “Endgame”, and now this here. This was still mainly a comedy episode, after all. But anything is better than what Bendis did to Wanda. A long time ago someone here suggested that if they do “House of M”, they should do a parody of it. All this here isn’t far from that, is it? Sure there is some seriousness in this series, but for the most part it just has fun with the concept of “House of M”, and has fun with Wanda’s character, as opposed to being a total disgrace to Wanda, like when Bendis did it originally.

Fantastic Member

This is such a shame, Jim seems to really care for Wanda, but Marvel doesn’t smh
    https://twitter.com/jimzub/status/13...418798080?s=21

Don't you mean psychological issues, not physiological? Other than that (damn intuitive text!)

you're very spot on. And yeah, Bendis has/had no credibility in dealing with this.

It is hard to keep thinking, but

if not for DA and HoM, this could be quite different, or certainly better.
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Sadly, I think it is because this Vision is more of what Wanda created him to be. He was not quite as charming or clueless as some put it, before the series.

He, too, is sort of a construct of Wanda's. Or his reanimation is per her intent.
    It's funny. Vision is extremely naive and goofy in WandaVision. But I do feel that the "essence" of his character is still there underneath the buffoonery. You know what I mean? I think most people in this thread feel that way. Bettany and Olsen have done a GREAT job of switching between being clowns and super serious superheroes in this series. Olsen did a great job with the comedy last week, but I have to say Vision was the funniest I've ever seen him in ANY incarnation (on screen or in print). He's BARELY used his powers (and never in combat) during this series and has been wearing "human" clothes throughout the show. And for some odd reason, he's gaining in popularity amongst fans. As I told GenericUsername and leokearon MANY months ago, that dude just won't act like a superhero in the MCU. I do think Wanda has something to do with it, but Vision has been shown to be pretty independent throughout this project. Vision's personality in WandaVision absolutely justifies to me why Wanda would fall in love with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Yes, this whole episode is about Wanda having depressions. In a “don’t blink or you will miss it moment” it even shows Wanda taking pills. To me that seems to be the first time they take something from Robinsons “Scarlet Witch” – run. Certainly that is not from Brian Michael Bendis, who showed no understanding for physiological issues. In the state she was in, Wanda giving her kids away for presumably a few hours, to a person she trusts, only makes her feel more realistic to me.

But I am a bit disappointed that every time Marvel tackles physiological issues, it starts out great, but then it becomes comedy. It was like that with Tony in “Ironman 3”, with Thor in “Endgame”, and now this here. This was still mainly a comedy episode, after all. But anything is better than what Bendis did to Wanda. A long time ago someone here suggested that if they do “House of M”, they should do a parody of it. All this here isn’t far from that, is it? Sure there is some seriousness in this series, but for the most part it just has fun with the concept of “House of M”, and has fun with Wanda’s character, as opposed to being a total disgrace to Wanda, like when Bendis did it originally.
    I thought she was taking aspirins or tylenols or something! But it could be prescribed medication. But yeah, the show did make her depression into a bit of a comedy thing. But this is Disney after all. I don't think they can tackle mental illness in a meaningful way because Marvel Studios is about ENTERTAINMENT and not public health.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    This is such a shame, Jim seems to really care for Wanda, but Marvel doesn’t smh
    https://twitter.com/jimzub/status/13...418798080?s=21
    It's so absurd. Maybe more so for Vision than Wanda because at least they originally planned to run the Darkhold story before the show, while they had nothing at all planned for Vision. But it's really absurd that both of them got no push. Did they just think this would somehow be the first MCU production that flopped?

I wonder if the MCU Wanda will move on towards Brother Voodoo there, as he will probably be realized there too. I've heard the general ideas of this.
    But if Wanda's kids are hers, wouldn't they have to give their blessing to any kind of future relationship too? They seem pretty attached to Vision as their Dad and I can't imagine they would like to see somebody else step into that role.

Some things never go back in the bottle. It is probably why Sue never hooked up with Namor when Reed was thought dead (yeah, right). It would have made the first super couple too too weird.

So it is, that it is unlikely W and V will ever be 'this' or what 'was' in the comics, again. I got used to the idea of that quite long ago.
    It was okay when Wanda and Simon were involved, but that still felt a little hollow or like, it was not their personal best.
    I've not been reading many titles in recent years so I'm not seeing the thing with Brother V, but I did see the beginnings and related several years ago now. I would be okay with that continuing if it is.
    I hated the Wanda/Simon stuff. It was so toxic. Him not wanting to give Vision his brain patterns because he wanted to try to get with Wanda. Him pushing Wanda away once their relationship started. Even resorting to physical abuse to push her away in his solo book.

That relationship should never be a thing again.