Page 102 of 774 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    But if Wanda's kids are hers, wouldn't they have to give their blessing to any kind of future relationship too? They seem pretty attached to Vision as their Dad and I can't imagine they would like to see somebody else step into that role.
    Kids can like or dislike a relationship. But that doesn't mean they have power over it. Also, Billy and Tommy will be adults by then, focused on their own relationships, teams and issues.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I hated the Wanda/Simon stuff. It was so toxic. Him not wanting to give Vision his brain patterns because he wanted to try to get with Wanda. Him pushing Wanda away once their relationship started. Even resorting to physical abuse to push her away in his solo book.

That relationship should never be a thing again.
    Simon seems to have problems when dating his teammates like Wanda and Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Simon seems to have problems when dating his teammates like Wanda and Carol.
    Just in case you are in doubt, while I said it was okay, their relationship was not what I wanted. Just seemed false. She loved the soul that Vision was and even if brain patterns were the same, the soul of Wonder Man was different.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I hated the Wanda/Simon stuff. It was so toxic. Him not wanting to give Vision his brain patterns because he wanted to try to get with Wanda. Him pushing Wanda away once their relationship started. Even resorting to physical abuse to push her away in his solo book.

That relationship should never be a thing again.
    and yet it was revived twice and ended the same way twice. Still totally agree Wanda and Simon is a very bad relationship

Extraordinary Member

I didn't used to feel this way, but I think it's about time the comics got Wanda and Vision married again. They clearly have no ideas for stories about them separately, and now that it seems unlikely they can be together in the MCU, the comics could tell stories about them as a happily married couple that the show didn't have time to tell. The best kind of "synergy" is when the comics can expand on what the movies/TV series didn't have time to show.

I mean, I don't have any hope that the comics will come to their senses and use either of them again, but if the success of the series actually convinces them that people like the characters, that should be their next move.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    and yet it was revived twice and ended the same way twice. Still totally agree Wanda and Simon is a very bad relationship
    I also hated the attempts to revive it. Hopefully it stays dead now.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I didn't used to feel this way, but I think it's about time the comics got Wanda and Vision married again. They clearly have no ideas for stories about them separately, and now that it seems unlikely they can be together in the MCU, the comics could tell stories about them as a happily married couple that the show didn't have time to tell. The best kind of "synergy" is when the comics can expand on what the movies/TV series didn't have time to show.

I mean, I don't have any hope that the comics will come to their senses and use either of them again, but if the success of the series actually convinces them that people like the characters, that should be their next move.
    It's not that there are no ideas for them outside of their marriage. Ideas are thrown Marvel's way. They just don't always accept them. And like with Darkhold, things can be delayed.

It's also never a good idea to have the future of your characters tied up in zero individuality. And would appear especially dated.

Kids can like or dislike a relationship. But that doesn't mean they have power over it. Also, Billy and Tommy will be adults by then, focused on their own relationships, teams and issues.
    Sure, but I think Wanda is fine being single in the MCU in future instalments. She'd be like the first "widow" of the MCU!

It's not that there are no ideas for them outside of their marriage. Ideas are thrown Marvel's way. They just don't always accept them. And like with Darkhold, things can be delayed.

It's also never a good idea to have the future of your characters tied up in zero individuality. And would appear especially dated.
    I haven't found any ideas to be all that compelling. I'm certainly open to some new ones. The past thirty years have been largely lackluster with some bright spots here and there (in MY opinion). How many adventures can Wanda have where she just goes "pew, pew, pew" with her hands? For me, that's not good enough anymore, you know? I have a MUCH stronger EMOTIONAL to Wanda in the MCU BECAUSE of her relationships with Vision, Pietro, the kids, and even Agatha. And as much as I hate to say it, Vision's stories are more emotional and I think that's why WandaVision is incorporating them into WandaVision. And no, I don't consider Wanda's relationship with Magneto to be particularly emotional and/or interesting either. I had no idea Simon and Wanda got together AGAIN in the past twenty years. It was boring when Busiek and Brevoort were keen on promoting that relationship in the 90s, and I'm sure it was boring again later. Wanda bringing Wonder Man back from the dead was just ludicrous in my view. Now I've lost count how many times Simon has been "killed". I wasn't particularly keen on Wanda and Vision getting back together again in the comics even AFTER seeing them together in the Avengers movies. But I'm actually warming to the notion now because of this show. Just as long as Vision stays a buffoon.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-22-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I am no shipper and I just see Wanda/Vision their important historical legacy.
    And I just prefer stories in Busiek run where she is more into her "work" than romantic life, not that I don't like the latter part, but I am generally more interested in the grander part of her, which is why I really want some closure with her Chthonic lore, it can be done along or tied to Billy if they want, I think there are bunch of things to do outside her having a romantic relationship.
    And you do know superhero storylines are more than going out shooting stuff right? That's some weird oversimplification.

Extraordinary Member

Sure, but I think Wanda is fine being single in the MCU in future instalments. She'd be like the first "widow" of the MCU!
    Technically, Ramonda is. And then Pepper after her.

But I get your point.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I am no shipper and I just see Wanda/Vision their important historical legacy.
    And I just prefer stories in Busiek run where she is more into her "work" than romantic life, not that I don't like the latter part, but I am generally more interested in the grander part of her, which is why I really want some closure with her Chthonic lore, it can be done along or tied to Billy if they want, I think there are bunch of things to do outside her having a romantic relationship.
    And you do know superhero storylines are more than going out shooting stuff right? That's some weird oversimplification.
    Yeah, I acknowledge it's an oversimplification, but that's the gist of my feelings about Wanda's adventures a lot of the times. I'm not a big fan of romance and shipping either. I like humor most of all. I enjoy stories that discuss moral and ethical issues and explorations of different cultures. I like shows and movies about how technology can change societies and how folks (even superheroes) can solve problems without always resorting to violence. And tales about families and friendship always interest me. Whether it's in the Glass Menagerie or Charlotte's Web or WandaVision or Thor: Ragnarok. Maybe that's why I'm slightly more interested in Star Trek than the MCU. I don't mind action and/or battles. But why heroes fight those fights is important to me. Showing off their powers is not enough in my opinion.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-22-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Technically, Ramonda is. And then Pepper after her.

But I get your point.
    Why thank you!

I haven't found any ideas to be all that compelling. I'm certainly open to some new ones. The past thirty years have been largely lackluster with some bright spots here and there (in MY opinion). How many adventures can Wanda have where she just goes "pew, pew, pew" with her hands? For me, that's not good enough anymore, you know? I have a MUCH stronger EMOTIONAL to Wanda in the MCU BECAUSE of her relationships with Vision, Pietro, the kids, and even Agatha. And as much as I hate to say it, Vision's stories are more emotional and I think that's why WandaVision is incorporating them into WandaVision. And no, I don't consider Wanda's relationship with Magneto to be particularly emotional and/or interesting either. I had no idea Simon and Wanda got together AGAIN in the past twenty years. It was boring when Busiek and Brevoort were keen on promoting that relationship in the 90s, and I'm sure it was boring again later. Wanda bringing Wonder Man back from the dead was just ludicrous in my view. Now I've lost count how many times Simon has been "killed". I wasn't particularly keen on Wanda and Vision getting back together again in the comics even AFTER seeing them together in the Avengers movies. But I'm actually warming to the notion now because of this show. Just as long as Vision stays a buffoon.
    Well before they did Strange Academy I had the idea of her being a magic teacher. Also taking on another apprentice. They could also try and repair her's and She-Hulk's relationship, have interactions with her kids. Put her in Midnight Sons, or back on the Avengers team. Hopefully Darkhold explores more of her Chthonic lore which hasn't really been gone into. There's lots to do.

Her and Vision in comics I would like to see continue to be good friends and have decent interactions. And Wanda have more interactions with Viv. Since there is a hole in Viv's life based on everything her mother did and then her mother's suicide.

Extraordinary Member

Well before they did Strange Academy I had the idea of her being a magic teacher. Also taking on another apprentice. They could also try and repair her's and She-Hulk's relationship, have interactions with her kids. Put her in Midnight Sons, or back on the Avengers team. Hopefully Darkhold explores more of her Chthonic lore which hasn't really been gone into. There's lots to do.

Her and Vision in comics I would like to see continue to be good friends and have decent interactions. And Wanda have more interactions with Viv. Since there is a hole in Viv's life based on everything her mother did and then her mother's suicide.
    Wasn’t Viv’s mother’s’ brain patterns based on Wanda?

Like Jocasta to Jan or Alkhema to Bobbi?