Page 114 of 774 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214614 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 11598
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

There is no reasonable explanation for your theories though, they just don't add up. Especially the glaring hole of spoilers:
    it being basically not possible for Wanda, who's been an orphan since ten years old in the middle of nowhere, to have preternatural knowledge of:
    * How her powers work (especially since the majority of this episode is her being told by Agnes about what her powers are)
    * The Infinity Stones existing
    * What they do
    * That Hydra has one
    * That she can absorb it's powers with her own magic powers (magic powers that she also does not know she has).
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The fact that she was conscious about the hex and expanded it doesn't have anything to do with the rest of what you're saying lol.
    The fact that she is knowingly using her powers contradicts most of what everyone is saying, which is "she's just found out about what's she's been consciously doing the whole time." LOL

We're not saying she doesn't know she has power over Westview, were saying she didn't know how they worked, which is the entire premise of this episode

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    There is no reasonable explanation for your theories though, they just don't add up. Especially the glaring hole of spoilers:
    it being basically not possible for Wanda, who's been an orphan since ten years old in the middle of nowhere, to have preternatural knowledge of:
    * How her powers work (especially since the majority of this episode is her being told by Agnes about what her powers are)
    * The Infinity Stones existing
    * What they do
    * That Hydra has one
    * That she can absorb it's powers with her own magic powers (magic powers that she also does not know she has).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Why not? It's perfectly reasonable in the MCU. I haven't seen anything that can refute that. I don't think they knew what Thanos was going to do, but they probably knew that these stones existed, like in most MCU movies, and that it has powers. The thing that does seem weird is that Hydra is lining up Sokovians and having them enter a room one by one so they can touch a glowing rock, and they said they all died. Wanda had to have used her powers to not die like everyone else.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    We're not saying she doesn't know she has power over Westview, were saying she didn't know how they worked, which is the entire premise of this episode
    How can she not know how they work while working her power the whole season by creating an alternate mini-reality knowingly?

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    spoilers:
    Your speculations, which is what they are, makes it all seem coincidental, which is the main difference of my take. It was indeed a "f*ck it, I'm taking actions into my own hands" moment. Like I said in another response, she has no reason to tell people "Yes, I did this all." She's not telling them because they don't need to know, and she's not dumb.

You're take is that everything happened to her, and at no point in her life was she the conductor of any single thing.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I mean pot calling the kettle black. Never claimed anything I wrote was fact - just you know speculated from evidence the show presented. Just like how you're speculating that she is lying about not knowing how she created it. I think (again an opinion, not a fact) that she knows that she created the hex, just not how - i.e. she doesn't know she's a witch that manipulates chaos magic. She's choosing to maintain the hex, she chose to expand the hex and save vision, and she's repressing her grief and emotions to hold the fantasy. I'll just agree to disagree.
    end of spoilers

How can she not know how they work while working her power the whole season by creating an alternate mini-reality knowingly?
    People know how to move without understanding the neurochemical or physiological mechanisms that enable them to do so. It's nature and instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    People know how to move without understanding the neurochemical or physiological mechanisms that enable them to do so. It's nature and instinct.
    We're talking about fictional characters on a streaming service show. I don't think they're going that deep. Thanks for your opinion.

We're talking about fictional characters on a streaming service show. I don't think they're going that deep. Thanks for your opinion.
    This is your counter? come on now. So if it's not that deep, why does it matter if Wanda was aware or not?

People use things all the time without knowing "how they work." Like drive a car or open a door. spoilers:
    Wanda is a using magic by instinct, like she did when she was a child.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    This is your counter? come on now. So if it's not that deep, why does it matter if Wanda was aware or not?
    He's talking about people not knowing how they move their arms. It isn't that deep, nope. I think the writers are still sticking with the fictional world as opposed to using neurochemical or physiological mechanisms to explain how fictional powers work.

Astonishing Member

He's talking about people not knowing how they move their arms. It isn't that deep, nope. I think the writers are still sticking with the fictional world as opposed to using neurochemical or physiological mechanisms to explain how fictional powers work.
    I'm confused about your point.

I though you believe Wanda always know she has powers since she was a child (I totally disagree with this idea). So, I don't know how this is related.

Extraordinary Member

On a different note, anyone who bought spoilers:
    Avengers volume 3, issue 10 a few weeks ago has to be happy right now, since that's the issue where Agatha introduces the idea that Wanda's powers are "chaos magic.' I really didn't think they'd go there.

i was at least half-right in thinking they would say the Mind Stone gave Wanda magic powers. Instead they seem to say that she had low-level magic powers and the Mind Stone supercharged them.
    end of spoilers

They've still got a lot of ground to cover next week and I think I'm almost resigned to the fact that we won't get the answers we need until Doctor Strange 2 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I'm confused about your point.

I though you believe Wanda always know she has powers since she was a child (I totally disagree with this idea). So, I don't know how this is related.
    Neither do I. I think we all agreed to disagree anyway. Especially since we're just making our theories up because we didn't write the show, and the only thing we can do here is guess to the best of our abilities.

spoilers:
    Why not? It's perfectly reasonable in the MCU. I haven't seen anything that can refute that. I don't think they knew what Thanos was going to do, but they probably knew that these stones existed, like in most MCU movies, and that it has powers. The thing that does seem weird is that Hydra is lining up Sokovians and having them enter a room one by one so they can touch a glowing rock, and they said they all died. Wanda had to have used her powers to not die like everyone else.
    end of spoilers
    That's factually not true. Age of Ultron shows that the Avengers absolutely do not know the nature of what the Stones actually are. Thor has a whole stupid subplot with a magic vision to figure out that what's in the scepter even is one. If it took Thor all that to figure it out, there is absolutely no way a random orphan off the street would know about them.