Page 122 of 336 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 5032
  1. #1816
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm not assuming I have the monopoly on her. Fans doesn't mean me exclusively.
    then let's agree to disagree on this topic, things will run their course in comics and movies either way.
    "Can we just say that she is a chaos magic avatar and that her origin is split across the multiverse? She has no beginning, she has no end, she exists to be the improbability of the cosmos. She's neither mutant, inhuman, sorcereress or otherwise. Everything and nothing." (Anonymous)

  2. #1817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    then let's agree to disagree on this topic, things will run their course in comics and movies either way.
    Agreed for sure.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  3. #1818
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,269

    Default

    Back on topic, a reminder that the Scarlet Witch has not been in comics for months, and hasn’t been in an ongoing comic for years, at a time when she’s become one of the most famous superpowered characters in the world.

    Yes, I know we all knew that. But I can hardly believe that’s true.

    There will probably be Darkhold and maybe something else to cash in on her popularity, but talk about not striking when the iron was hot.

  4. #1819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Back on topic, a reminder that the Scarlet Witch has not been in comics for months, and hasn’t been in an ongoing comic for years, at a time when she’s become one of the most famous superpowered characters in the world.

    Yes, I know we all knew that. But I can hardly believe that’s true.

    There will probably be Darkhold and maybe something else to cash in on her popularity, but talk about not striking when the iron was hot.
    Hopefully we get an official release date on Darkhold Alpha soon. But it does feel sort of hopeless.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  5. #1820
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Back on topic, a reminder that the Scarlet Witch has not been in comics for months, and hasn’t been in an ongoing comic for years, at a time when she’s become one of the most famous superpowered characters in the world.

    Yes, I know we all knew that. But I can hardly believe that’s true.

    There will probably be Darkhold and maybe something else to cash in on her popularity, but talk about not striking when the iron was hot.
    I agree that's fucking weird & Marvel is owned by the mouse and the mouse is about his fucking money, even if someone in the higher ups at the comics division just hates the character, easy money could have been made by now like I'm highly curious to see how Billy's KIB tie in sells next week with the finale being two days after the fact. Hmmm yeah they dropped the bag.

  6. #1821
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,269

    Default

    Let's face it, though, movie and TV watchers don't buy monthly comics, at least not new ones (a Marvel Unlimited subscription is a much better deal). They're buying the paperback collections of Vision & the Scarlet Witch, Vision, Scarlet Witch, and other books that Marvel reprinted to tie in with the series.

    The only reason Bucky and Sam got a mini is that there is literally no team-up material with them in comics, because Bucky was dead for 40 years and didn't hang out with Sam much after he came back.

    Still, there's so much they could still do with her and this show should at least make it clear that people are interested in the character... but then Marvel should have known that already.
    Last edited by gurkle; 02-26-2021 at 06:19 PM.

  7. #1822
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Back on topic, a reminder that the Scarlet Witch has not been in comics for months, and hasn’t been in an ongoing comic for years, at a time when she’s become one of the most famous superpowered characters in the world.

    Yes, I know we all knew that. But I can hardly believe that’s true.

    There will probably be Darkhold and maybe something else to cash in on her popularity, but talk about not striking when the iron was hot.
    I was reading the latest Avengers trade, and the closest she's been to the main run is on a variant cover.

  8. #1823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Let's face it, though, movie and TV watchers don't buy monthly comics, at least not new ones (a Marvel Unlimited subscription is a much better deal). They're buying the paperback collections of Vision & the Scarlet Witch, Vision, Scarlet Witch, and other books that Marvel reprinted to tie in with the series.

    The only reason Bucky and Sam got a mini is that there is literally no team-up material with them in comics, because Bucky was dead for 40 years and didn't hang out with Sam much after he came back.

    Still, there's so much they could still do with her and this show should at least make it clear that people are interested in the character... but then Marvel should have known that already.
    Movie watchers might not, but comics readers do and have been requesting her, Vision and Quicksilver back into comics. They always do these weird, off the wall comics (like Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur), so it shouldn't be that much of a stretch of the pocket for them to do known characters.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  9. #1824
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,399

    Default

    The Scarlet Witch is coming:


  10. #1825
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,591

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Scarlet Witch is coming:

    A 1,000~Upon~1,000 Thank Yous for this Frontier, Indeed Our GODDESS of CHAOS Magic has Decended and I love it, This is Heavenly!!!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

  11. #1826
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Scarlet Witch is coming:

    Just hearing the name Scarlet Witch aloud on screen, along with chaos magic, had my heart singing. Finally, they’re giving Wanda her proper powers, instead of dime store Jean Grey. Hopefully, this will increase the chances of the comics finally doing something with it, Chthon, and other elements of her lore. Maybe that book will turn out to be the Darkhold. I would love it if they bought in the Witch’s Road in Multiverse of Madness.

  12. #1827
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Fun fact "Mutants sometimes are called witchbreed" XD
    Isn't that just a Marvel-1602 thing?

  13. #1828
    Incredible Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Isn't that just a Marvel-1602 thing?
    Morgane Le Fay calls mutants witchbreed in Excalibur

  14. #1829
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Morgane Le Fay calls mutants witchbreed in Excalibur
    It's probably just how people from that time period call mutants(yeah, Morgan is from Arthurian age, but she still falls into that catergory.)
    Since mutants aren't inherently mystical unlike Vampires, werewolves(the Darkhold variants, not including pseudo-werebeasts that are actually mutants, deviants, inhumans etc.)

  15. #1830
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,591
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •