Page 122 of 774 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222622 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm not assuming I have the monopoly on her. Fans doesn't mean me exclusively.
    then let's agree to disagree on this topic, things will run their course in comics and movies either way.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    then let's agree to disagree on this topic, things will run their course in comics and movies either way.
    Agreed for sure.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Back on topic, a reminder that the Scarlet Witch has not been in comics for months, and hasn’t been in an ongoing comic for years, at a time when she’s become one of the most famous superpowered characters in the world.

Yes, I know we all knew that. But I can hardly believe that’s true.

There will probably be Darkhold and maybe something else to cash in on her popularity, but talk about not striking when the iron was hot.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Back on topic, a reminder that the Scarlet Witch has not been in comics for months, and hasn’t been in an ongoing comic for years, at a time when she’s become one of the most famous superpowered characters in the world.

There will probably be Darkhold and maybe something else to cash in on her popularity, but talk about not striking when the iron was hot.
    Hopefully we get an official release date on Darkhold Alpha soon. But it does feel sort of hopeless.

I agree that's fucking weird & Marvel is owned by the mouse and the mouse is about his fucking money, even if someone in the higher ups at the comics division just hates the character, easy money could have been made by now like I'm highly curious to see how Billy's KIB tie in sells next week with the finale being two days after the fact. Hmmm yeah they dropped the bag.

Extraordinary Member

Let's face it, though, movie and TV watchers don't buy monthly comics, at least not new ones (a Marvel Unlimited subscription is a much better deal). They're buying the paperback collections of Vision & the Scarlet Witch, Vision, Scarlet Witch, and other books that Marvel reprinted to tie in with the series.

The only reason Bucky and Sam got a mini is that there is literally no team-up material with them in comics, because Bucky was dead for 40 years and didn't hang out with Sam much after he came back.

Still, there's so much they could still do with her and this show should at least make it clear that people are interested in the character... but then Marvel should have known that already.
    Last edited by gurkle; 02-26-2021 at 06:19 PM.

I was reading the latest Avengers trade, and the closest she's been to the main run is on a variant cover.

Let's face it, though, movie and TV watchers don't buy monthly comics, at least not new ones (a Marvel Unlimited subscription is a much better deal). They're buying the paperback collections of Vision & the Scarlet Witch, Vision, Scarlet Witch, and other books that Marvel reprinted to tie in with the series.

The only reason Bucky and Sam got a mini is that there is literally no team-up material with them in comics, because Bucky was dead for 40 years and didn't hang out with Sam much after he came back.

Still, there's so much they could still do with her and this show should at least make it clear that people are interested in the character... but then Marvel should have known that already.
    Movie watchers might not, but comics readers do and have been requesting her, Vision and Quicksilver back into comics. They always do these weird, off the wall comics (like Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur), so it shouldn't be that much of a stretch of the pocket for them to do known characters.

The Scarlet Witch is coming:

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

A 1,000~Upon~1,000 Thank Yous for this Frontier, Indeed Our GODDESS of CHAOS Magic has Decended and I love it, This is Heavenly!!!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Just hearing the name Scarlet Witch aloud on screen, along with chaos magic, had my heart singing. Finally, they’re giving Wanda her proper powers, instead of dime store Jean Grey. Hopefully, this will increase the chances of the comics finally doing something with it, Chthon, and other elements of her lore. Maybe that book will turn out to be the Darkhold. I would love it if they bought in the Witch’s Road in Multiverse of Madness.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Fun fact "Mutants sometimes are called witchbreed" XD
    Isn't that just a Marvel-1602 thing?

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Isn't that just a Marvel-1602 thing?
    Morgane Le Fay calls mutants witchbreed in Excalibur

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Morgane Le Fay calls mutants witchbreed in Excalibur
    It's probably just how people from that time period call mutants(yeah, Morgan is from Arthurian age, but she still falls into that catergory.)
    Since mutants aren't inherently mystical unlike Vampires, werewolves(the Darkhold variants, not including pseudo-werebeasts that are actually mutants, deviants, inhumans etc.)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!