Page 123 of 774 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223623 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 11598

She's about to serve in the last episode and Dr Strange 2 with this look

I love how sharp her headpiece looks

They just to powerful...

Last edited by Cruelrain; 02-26-2021 at 11:23 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Kevin Nowlan posted this painting that he did a while back to his Twitter. It was used for an Upper Deck trading card set. Can you imagine this just being used for a small trading card. This should be a cover for a TPB or at least a comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Kevin Nowlan posted this painting that he did a while back to his Twitter. It was used for an Upper Deck trading card set. Can you imagine this just being used for a small trading card. This should be a cover for a TPB or at least a comic book.

How come this wasn't used for the Scarlet Witch and Vision trade and instead of the lamest photoshop cover we got

Forget about her powers she could probably hurt a villain really bad with that headpiece

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    How come this wasn't used for the Scarlet Witch and Vision trade and instead of the lamest photoshop cover we got
    They at least released another this year that has better art from Alex Ross. https://www.amazon.com/Vision-Scarle...S94EX567N0KTE2

It has more to read too than the previous one.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They at least released another this year that has better art from Alex Ross. https://www.amazon.com/Vision-Scarle...S94EX567N0KTE2

It has more to read too than the previous one.
    Yeah that's a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Just hearing the name Scarlet Witch aloud on screen, along with chaos magic, had my heart singing. Finally, they’re giving Wanda her proper powers, instead of dime store Jean Grey. Hopefully, this will increase the chances of the comics finally doing something with it, Chthon, and other elements of her lore. Maybe that book will turn out to be the Darkhold. I would love it if they bought in the Witch’s Road in Multiverse of Madness.
    These thoughts make me wonder about the telepathy aspects of Wanda in the MCU. I've read long enough that I remember stories of various other telepaths in the comics world who were not immediately considered mutants, or never.

As this may be a part of the distinctions in comics or MCU on various differences between mutants and other powered beings, I have thoughts.

Genetics is complex. There are possibly millions or billions of genes and varying ways they relate or fit in with each other.

What if there were other genes that could open 'powers' appearances or such?

What if there were also Y-genes or Z-genes, that have nothing to do with X-genes (or further thought is needed)?

What if there were I-genes? Oh wait, that would be people who have a gene that could express Inhuman traits or be further activated.

So, maybe that is why Franklin Richards is not a mutant (X-gene), his folks and presumably Uncle Johnny and Ben had C-genes, or genes that would be activated by exposures to cosmic radiation or certain types. So the forever changed blood and genes of Reed and Sue were a match to activate their own child, especially as his birth was attended by a Negative Zone Cosmic Rod.

Maybe Reed was sorta right about mutant genes canceling Inhuman genes, but maybe that is the case - in most cases.

Of these X, I, C or other genes may be present in many/most of us, but only 1 - only very rarely more than one - is the predominant one for potential release.

The true "mutations" are the folks who have more than one of these genes express. Like maybe Toro? (not sure.

I am fascinated with this idea now that I thought if up and await severe tongue lashing, mostly by X/mutant fans.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

They just to powerful...

I mean, Jean just incinerated everyone. Wanda created an illusion and mind manipulation the size of a town. If they took Wanda from being a clairvoyant, telepath, telekinetic to the Scarlet Witch, I'm sure they could do Jean properly.

The biggest problem was Jean becoming the Phoenix after and hour of her being introduced. It was just fan service. They took 6 years or something to build Wanda up with sacrifices and more emotional weight.

I wonder if this generation will feel the same about Wanda as the 90's generation felt about Jean. Young people/people in general don't remember Jean as they know Wanda today. Dark Phoenix did no favors.

I ain't tryna talk **** but Jean is a literal joke without the fire chicken even in the movies she's not on Wanda's level.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    These thoughts make me wonder about the telepathy aspects of Wanda in the MCU. I've read long enough that I remember stories of various other telepaths in the comics world who were not immediately considered mutants, or never.

As this may be a part of the distinctions in comics or MCU on various differences between mutants and other powered beings, I have thoughts.

Genetics is complex. There are possibly millions or billions of genes and varying ways they relate or fit in with each other.

What if there were other genes that could open 'powers' appearances or such?

What if there were also Y-genes or Z-genes, that have nothing to do with X-genes (or further thought is needed)?

What if there were I-genes? Oh wait, that would be people who have a gene that could express Inhuman traits or be further activated.

So, maybe that is why Franklin Richards is not a mutant (X-gene), his folks and presumably Uncle Johnny and Ben had C-genes, or genes that would be activated by exposures to cosmic radiation or certain types. So the forever changed blood and genes of Reed and Sue were a match to activate their own child, especially as his birth was attended by a Negative Zone Cosmic Rod.

Maybe Reed was sorta right about mutant genes canceling Inhuman genes, but maybe that is the case - in most cases.

Of these X, I, C or other genes may be present in many/most of us, but only 1 - only very rarely more than one - is the predominant one for potential release.

The true "mutations" are the folks who have more than one of these genes express. Like maybe Toro? (not sure.

I am fascinated with this idea now that I thought if up and await severe tongue lashing, mostly by X/mutant fans.
    Well there is Moondragon and she is considered a more powerful telepath than Xavier and she is only a human who had training
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Well there is Moondragon and she is considered a more powerful telepath than Xavier and she is only a human who had training
    Yes, this fits my point. Marvel has always had these 'other' telepath/pre cog types who are not considered mutants. In Heather's case it may have been training, but she lived with the Saturnian Eternals; they surely could have exposed her to things for increasing the ability and of course the whole entity thing with the actual dragon.

But that is my point - maybe these other sorts of psi empowered are another type of genetic expression; indeed one that does not have to be activated (Inhumans) or 'matured' (puberty, the usual mutant process)

I propose the addition of sort: The Y, Z, or whatever gene. A genetic thing that perhaps randomly or not, occurs for telepaths and psi folks, who are not clearly mutants.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all