Page 126 of 774 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226626 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    CB Cebulski
    Oook ok, I should have been more specific, I meant the editor specifically taking care of the avengers franchise
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Not just written bad, but in such few things. Her last appearance there was last August. Linked or not, Marvel just isn't interested in having her in much. And with the success of her show, it's incredibly puzzling.
    I want to wait till after the show ends now but by how the show sticks the landing and then how our Wanda is by that point I think we should then get back on then campaign;

#WheresWanda

Try to increase it and find ways to expand it going of the momentum of the show.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I want to wait till after the show ends now but by how the show sticks the landing and then how our Wanda is by that point I think we should then get back on then campaign;

#WheresWanda

Try to increase it and find ways to expand it going of the momentum of the show.
    That sounds like a good idea, I’ll try to make some animated gifs, they seems to catch the eye easily on twitter
    Last edited by Daedra; 02-27-2021 at 06:20 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

#WheresWanda

There are some big MCU Wanda fans accounts on Twitter that always get hit tweets might ask them to help

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Oook ok, I should have been more specific, I meant the editor specifically taking care of the avengers franchise
    He's the editor in chief of the stuff outside of the X-books so he basically is the dude. Now each side has editors under the chief but they change those all the time. This might be way over all their heads. Like a mandate from the top.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    There are some big MCU Wanda fans accounts on Twitter that always get hit tweets might ask them to help
    Great idea, after the show completes let’s see a way to contact the accounts and if you know ways let us know!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Talking

Our Wanda got one of the most Epic and Memorably Executed Name Drops Ever & the Internet & the World Watching Cheers!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post

I tried uploading it from my pc, but it didn't work. Hopefully this will work.

I've finished the first Vision and Scarlet Witch mini. Here's a scan from issue 1 (1982).
    Hopefully this will happen in the show, that she'll say that she's got her hex powers from mutant physiology and she other powers from being taught.
    And then it's further established in the Busiek run that her probability manipulation is due to Chaos Magic, while her baseline mutant power is very likely energy manipulation.(Which kinda plug her into Chaos Magic) Her power set should be analyzed at historical length, not just one panel from a specific issue.
    I would roughly divide them into
    1.Pre-1974(Pure mutant probability power)
    2.1974-1979(Mutant probability power+Witchcraft training)
    3.1974-1990s(Mutant probability power+Witchcraft training+magical talent from Chthon)
    4.late 1980s-early 1990s(all above plus Nexus Being)
    5.1998-2015(mutant energy manipulation+Witchcraft training+Chaos Magic from Chthon)
    6.2015-2016(HE genetically modified energy manipulation+Witchcraft training+Chaos Magic from Chthon)
    7.2016-now(HE genetically modified energy manipulation+Witchcraft training(with Witch bloodline)+Chaos Magic from Chthon)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 02-28-2021 at 12:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    so there are Scarlet Witch fans who doesn't want Wanda to have any connection with the mutants and x-men world and fans who does

but honestly i will take anything as much as she's well writing and this ins't happening in the comics right now, just look at what Hickman did with Wanda in just some pages in Empyre x-men...
    Depending on your definition of good writing, Wanda at this point would need bunch of gaslighting in order to be treated well in an X-book.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    And then it's further established in the Busiek run that her probability manipulation is due to Chaos Magic, while her baseline mutant power is very likely energy manipulation.(Which kinda plug her into Chaos Magic) Her power set should be analyzed at historical length, not just one panel from a specific issue.
    3.1974-1990s(Mutant probability power+Witchcraft training+magical talent from Chthon)
    4.late 1980-early 1990s(all above plus Nexus Being)
    5.1998-2015(mutant energy manipulation+Witchcraft training+Chaos Magic from Chthon)
    6.2015-2016(HE genetically modified energy manipulation+Witchcraft training+Chaos Magic from Chthon)
    7.2016-now(HE genetically modified energy manipulation+Witchcraft training(with Witch bloodline)+Chaos Magic from Chthon)
    That is honestly the BEST Breakdown of Scarlet Witches Power set I have ever read MaximoffTrash, I truly enjoyed reading it! Thanks for that!

It truly makes you realize what a long and uniquely strange journey Wanda’s power sets have been and it is one of the reasons why I love her so, a totally unique set of powers always being discovered and evolving add to her rich history and definite of who she is. It is not always easy and the recons are pain some of them, but Wanda has one of the coolest sets of powers ever!

I guess now We can add in another set with the MCU version that being a legendary Witch mythos to her resume!

By the level of fear and the way Agatha talked about Wanda, she just found the Witch equivalent to the Legendary Super Saiyan, which as an Anime fan I found Awesome!

Last edited by CJStriker; 02-28-2021 at 12:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Thanks CJ! It's more of a rough breakdown like I said.
    I kinda leave out Nexus Being after the 90s, since it's not really being mentioned that much Post-Force Works/SW V1 I think?(And it feels like more of a "all-stats buff" than something specific, yeah, she get powers like flying and stuff, and it can also be later achieved by levitation spells which would be considered Witchcraft I think?)
    Anyway it's more of a personal take(and I just left out the Post-Bendis/Pre-Slott phase where "Chaos Magic doesn't exist".) Since it's never explicitly mentioned that HE's experiment functionally replaced her mutant power.(I would assume it's the case since both are genetically based.)

That being said I think it would be interesting to see Wanda as a RPG video game character of some sort, where Genetic Power/Witchcraft/Chaos Magic are her three main skill trees, while Chthonic origin/Witch bloodline/Nexus Being will be listed as some form of talent/bonus/buff.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 02-28-2021 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I get that, I'm just saying I liked this panel. Lol.
    4.late 1980s-early 1990s(all above plus Nexus Being)
    Damn, lots of changes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Damn, lots of changes.
    Yeah, and leaving out the 'reality manipulation' stuff where she'd wave her hands and millions of mutants would lose their powers (or, later, wave her hands and dozens of mutants would get summoned and thrown at an enemy to their deaths, because she wasn't hated enough by X-fans by the time of Uncanny Avengers).

Candy lion cosplaying Halloween Scarlet Witch

I made an animated gif , feel free to use it if you like it.