Page 129 of 774 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229629 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I never got what made chaos magic different to regular vanilla magic tbh
    Use of magic like abilities without always needing to cast a spell. And it comes from an elder god.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Yea, they Deserve TONS and TONS of Credit cause it was caue of them that Wanda is Now Canon with Chaos Magic, a rare addon/recon of a Powerset that Many Fans have come to Love about that era of Scarlet Witch!

I think Busiek and Perez need to talk to the creators and ask why that is so they are not on the credits, cause if their is 1 failing they have done the show it is NOT crediting them.
    It really is disappointing that they have so many credits but aren't crediting all of the comic book creators they sourced.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The mutants stuff was done by the life force (and her channeling Simon's ionic power), not her own abilities.
    The more specific wording would be "not her energy", I like to think Wanda as some magic 3D printer that could potentially print anything, but she doesn't really have all that much material and energy to do stuff.
    Life Force/Twilight Sword are some like massive mana pool buffs that allows her to do stuff that requires ridiculous mana drains. But even if she doesn't have the mana to do that, she technically has that "skill", just greyed out.

Extraordinary Member

I never got what made chaos magic different to regular vanilla magic tbh
    The same can be said about any type of magic, how is light magic different from dark magic?
    And honestly what is vanilla regular magic anyway? Magic from the school of Vishanti's teaching?
    Marvel Comics won't give us clear answers of course since there are writers having their own very different interpretation.
    But one difference is clear though, you can tell the difference of their source.
    How is Flame of Faltine different from hellfire? Well, the former is from Faltine, Dormammu's people, the later is well, from hell dimensions. They are different even when they are functionally the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/statu...61340124450820
    Attachment 106668
    Kurt Busiek and George Perez deserve the credit, just saying.
    I love Busiek's Wanda. He deserves more credit for writing her and showcasing her as a powerful heroine and leader .

Extraordinary Member

It's funny that with all the comics going up in value on Ebay,spoilers:
    Avengers vol. 3 #10, where Busiek and Pérez introduced "chaos magic," hasn't been mentioned much of anywhere, despite its obvious influence on the show.

Wanda's powers are so confusing that no one can really remember where anything started, so it's not surprising that most people don't know that was the origin of Wanda having chaos magic (though of course based on the earlier story about Chthon giving her magical abilities at birth).
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by gurkle; 02-28-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Wanda in the comics it's currently a reality warper but just not in the HoM levels since she tapped into the life force, but it's ok because that would make her to overpowered like a multiversal reality warper lol
    To me they should make her overpowered at least at universal level cause that could potentially give meaning to her being the nexus of reality and be the main guardian of the universe and on occasion deal with multiverse threats. Just to challenge her and push her to her limits. They could still give her difficulties and struggles both in fighting those threats and having to deal with the problems that just come with life
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

I'm not for Wanda being op always because that's usually when comics just turns her into a plot device. Limits are always best on characters in long-form storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    The same can be said about any type of magic, how is light magic different from dark magic?
    And honestly what is vanilla regular magic anyway? Magic from the school of Vishanti's teaching?
    Marvel Comics won't give us clear answers of course since there are writers having their own very different interpretation.
    But one difference is clear though, you can tell the difference of their source.
    How is Flame of Faltine different from hellfire? Well, the former is from Faltine, Dormammu's people, the later is well, from hell dimensions. They are different even when they are functionally the same.
    I guess, I personally like the idea of Chaos magic being random anything can happen blasts. Like she shoots a hex and suddenly her enemy is being bombarded with cartoon exploding penguins or something like that

I'm not for Wanda being op always because that's usually when comics just turns her into a plot device. Limits are always best on characters in long-form storytelling.
    Using her as a plot device is more of a writer/editorial problem than what her power set/level is in my opinion. A character can be op and they still can have development and growth long-term. Like some people have said maybe the house of ideas, usually the avengers side, doesn't know or understand how to tell such a story
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

I guess, I personally like the idea of Chaos magic being random anything can happen blasts. Like she shoots a hex and suddenly her enemy is being bombarded with cartoon exploding penguins or something like that
    That's her probability powers which also fall under chaos magic. But chaos magic is several things. And stems from Chthon himself who has the power to do many things.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Using her as a plot device is more of a writer/editorial problem than what her power set/level is in my opinion. A character can be op and they still can have development and growth long-term. Like some people have said maybe the house of ideas, usually the avengers side, doesn't know or understand how to tell such a story
    That's not the typical approach comics takes and it starts to not make sense that this character then isn't in every situation to just come in and solve everything right away. I don't really want that for Wanda. I want her to have a chance to be an actual character and not the solution to every problem.

That's her probability powers which also fall under chaos magic. But chaos magic is several things. And stems from Chthon himself who has the power to do many things.
    But I thought her probability hex bolts were limited to the improbable but not the impossible. For example she could make a missile fail, but couldn't turn it into a flower bouquet

But I thought her probability hex bolts were limited to the improbable but not the impossible. For example she could make a missile fail, but couldn't turn it into a flower bouquet
    Her probability like all other definitions for her powers over the years were basically whatever the writer called for.

There was a page that kept track of all her capabilities, but it is long and probably confusing. Everything being chaos magic was just their way of trying to simplify it under one thing. And say this allows her to do all these things.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    OH WOW This is Amazing, Very Nicely Done Daedra!

This is a Very Good Start and Gif to spread around to Twitter and other sites to get the word out, mostly after the show ends cause that will be the best time to start the campign to go off the mometum of the shows end and espically since we will fully know where Wanda Stands in the MCU by then for both maximum effort and safety to know she is ok going forward.

BUT this gif is GREAT cause it takes a major moment everyone was apart of viewing the show and loved, it is mystical and inspiring with it be Defined Scarlet Witch!

Excellent Job Daedra and Thank You and Great Job Making it apart of your Knew Avatar! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Yeah your new avatar looks so good Daedra
    thank you guys, if you like animated avatars I made some more, use them freely whenever you feel like it.

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”