Page 134 of 774 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Marvel Finally Publish Scarlet Witch Darkhold Comic After WandaVision
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...r-wandavision/
    Can anyone ID all the characters on the 2nd cover with Wanda? I see Strange, Deadpool, Rachel Grey.... uh, a LOTR Dwarf? Blob monster thingy? Hellstrom or Gargoyle?

I look forward to seeing Scarlet Witch team up with Spidey! I hope the writers remember their relationship is quite amicable and they don't write Wanda treating Spidey like an annoying imbecile or Spidey still nursing a grudge for HoM and treating Wanda like a villain (If he can forgive Eddie Brock....)

"The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I loved Wanda “take no ****” attitude during axis, re-reading it It’s a guilty pleasure of mine
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Can anyone ID all the characters on the 2nd cover with Wanda? I see Strange, Deadpool, Rachel Grey.... uh, a LOTR Dwarf? Blob monster thingy? Hellstrom or Gargoyle?
    I think the last three are Thor, Carnage and Daredevil.

Sadly we don't get to find out for a while.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think the last three are Thor, Carnage and Daredevil.

Sadly we don't get to find out for a while.
    I feel like they're really dumb for no dropping this series when WandaVision started or right now

Even if it ins't like WandaVision they could still link Chaos Magic and Darkhold Alpha just because she's using Chaos Magic, since WandaVision got tons of promotion and support by the critics and general public it would have been a good promo for the comic as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I feel like they're really dumb for no dropping this series when WandaVision started or right now

Even if it ins't like WandaVision they could still link Chaos Magic and Darkhold Alpha just because she's using Chaos Magic, since WandaVision got tons of promotion and support by the critics and general public it would have been a good promo for the comic as well...
    They delayed it when comics stopped due to covid, and then Steve Orlando just moved on to other things. So it suffered from unfortunate timing of it's release.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    My understanding is that Chaos Magic is a more primordial form of magic that is capable of replicating most magical effects, but way harder to control and require way more energy input.
    As the guy who more-or-less invented chaos magic, my intent was that it's essentially a force of chaos, not order, that it's powered by chaos and brings more chaos into a system.

What Marvel has done with it since, I don't know. But the name was intended to matter.

A less extreme example would be like regular magic would be like using already packaged chicken broth, while Chaos Magic in an attempt to do the same thing would be like making chicken broth from a chicken, much more trouble and much more energy consumed and you aren't guaranteed to get the ideal result.(Basically regular spells are like packaged chicken broth various mystical entities create and "sell" to the spellcaster, while Chaos Magic user would need to cook stuff up with basic ingredient.)
    Making chicken broth from a chicken doesn't strike me as chaotic in any way. It's literally how chicken broth is made, even the powdered or pre-packaged stuff.

Like I said, I don't know what Marvel's said about it since -- they've defined "mutant" to mean "someone who inherited the mutant gene from their parents," which is literally the opposite of what "mutant" actually means.

But if it were up to me, chaos magic wouldn't just be "older magic requiring more complex work." It'd be chaotic, wild, at heart random and destructive. "Chaos" would be essential to it, because that's what it's rooted in.

kdb
    Last edited by Kurt Busiek; 03-01-2021 at 03:51 PM.
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I just want to say sorry to not see your names in the credits you or George Perez. You both Wholey Deserve Credit for the lastest reveal of Wanda's powers in WandaVision cause as soon as I heard that I got Beyond Excited and thought of you Both 1st and Your Avengers Vol. 3 run!
    Thanks. I'm honestly not all that concerned about it, myself -- the episode just made me curious enough to wait through the credits and look.

So from Me and I am sure Many other Fans, THANK YOU for the Rest of Time for Giving All you Did to Wanda's character cause where she is now is a Great Part thanks to the both of You!
    My pleasure. George's too, I'm sure.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Marvel Finally Publish Scarlet Witch Darkhold Comic After WandaVision
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...r-wandavision/
    Sounds like Wanda is going to be the leader in this. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    As the guy who more-or-less invented chaos magic, my intent was that it's essentially a force of chaos, not order, that it's powered by chaos and brings more chaos into a system.

What Marvel has done with it since, I don't know. But the name was intended to matter.

Making chicken broth from a chicken doesn't strike me as chaotic in any way. It's literally how chicken broth is made, even the powdered or pre-packaged stuff.

Like I said, I don't know what Marvel's said about it since -- they've defined "mutant" to mean "someone who inherited the mutant gene from their parents," which is literally the opposite of what "mutant" actually means.

But if it were up to me, chaos magic wouldn't just be "older magic requiring more complex work." It'd be chaotic, wild, at heart random and destructive. "Chaos" would be essential to it, because that's what it's rooted in.

kdb
    Interesting, I always considered chaos magic as the quintessential breaker of scientific rules, it’s like that proverbial “forbidden thread” that, if pulled, could unravel the “tapestry” of the Cosmos, where “cosmos” would represent universal order made manifest and therefore the polar opposite of chaos.
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-02-2021 at 03:54 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

kdb
    Which is why I said "less extreme" since "Chaos" IMO could probably be considered some kind of baseline ingredient for spellcasting/magic weaving, I am mainly emphasizing that other spells would be like using already made products vs making things from the most basic stuff.(Again, just my interpretation just to fit Chaos Magic into the larger magic system, which is again not really possible since it's one gigantic and often sel-contradicting system mostly thanks to writers not feeling like following each other's rule, which is fine I guess.)
    Again if it's just meant as chaotic, it may explain the probability manipulation effect, but what about the more specific/detailed mass reality warping.(I mean Morgan Le Fay got her tailor-made Arthurian legend world right? Amazing story BTW.)

Extraordinary Member

Thanks. I'm honestly not all that concerned about it, myself -- the episode just made me curious enough to wait through the credits and look.

My pleasure. George's too, I'm sure.

kdb
    Again, thanks for creating the definitive power set and some character premise for modern day Wanda.

I always saw Chaos Magic and Wanda's probability effecting powers as making the improbable probable and as you have better knowledge of it, the more you can affect the outcome. For example, Wanda's fighting Ultron and she casts a hex. Originally something will happen to Ultron but she doesn't know exactly what, it could be he explodes or the ground beneath him breaks or a meteor falls on him or something on those lines. As she gets more knowledge, she would know want she wants to happen, so if she wants Ultron to blow up, he would. With With full mastery she would affect specific parts of Ultron or completely make something improbable happen, like he turns into a chicken.

To use Mr. Busiek's own analogy, she starts with a Chaos Grenade being thrown at random and hoping for the best; then she throws a choas grenade but now she's aiming at the target, finally she is using chaos bullets like a sniper

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post

I look forward to seeing Scarlet Witch team up with Spidey! I hope the writers remember their relationship is quite amicable and they don't write Wanda treating Spidey like an annoying imbecile or Spidey still nursing a grudge for HoM and treating Wanda like a villain (If he can forgive Eddie Brock....)

I remember that story it was one of the earliest Wanda stories I read

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I always saw Chaos Magic and Wanda's probability effecting powers as making the improbable probable and as you have better knowledge of it, the more you can affect the outcome. For example, Wanda's fighting Ultron and she casts a hex. Originally something will happen to Ultron but she doesn't know exactly what, it could be he explodes or the ground beneath him breaks or a meteor falls on him or something on those lines. As she gets more knowledge, she would know want she wants to happen, so if she wants Ultron to blow up, he would. With With full mastery she would affect specific parts of Ultron or completely make something improbable happen, like he turns into a chicken.

To use Mr. Busiek's own analogy, she starts with a Chaos Grenade being thrown at random and hoping for the best; then she throws a choas grenade but now she's aiming at the target, finally she is using chaos bullets like a sniper
    People who use Chaos magic principles in reality (other Witches or magical users) may call it Discordian magic (lots on the web if you care to look). In magic, the 'intent' is considered a primary factor of magic.

And knowledge will usually sharpen your intent; make it more focused. But the irony or paradox is that Chaos magic represents a vast amount of energy - without order, as Kurt or others mention. So the intent of practiced Witches to bring an order or their desired result, through a mess of energy. But that is what it is, anyway.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all