Page 14 of 774 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114514 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Oh that's actually THE way it used to be shot and the dialogue!! they are truly going all the way im impressed!!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah, sadly Wanda and Vision are too apart to ever come back together in the comics.
    I agree it is dated and I always found the idea that you have to be the same as the character you are writing (Black characters should only be written by Black writers for example) in order to be good ridiculous and a clear example of positive discrimination
    Quite aside from any romance, the character I would most like to see Vision interact with is Death's Head, because he is the only robot character in Marvel who truly rejects the "I wish I was human" trope. Such a worldview would make Vision question himself and if he is truly is his own man. Death's Head has this hugely independent attitude (that, quite frankly, Vision could learn alot from), and an odd kind of morality, and like Vision is a living being who is not a machine but not organic either.

After all, Kieron Gillan had Death's Head cite Tony Stark's cold slaughtering of robots as proof of Stark being a fascist. Vision himself was unnerved as to why Stark took years to bother to reactivate him...effectively proving Death's Head's argument that humans have an innate racist belief that sentience is exclusive to them. I'd rather see that kind of serious character growth than a token romance.
    Last edited by Relugus; 01-06-2021 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Tweaking

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Quite aside from any romance, the character I would most like to see Vision interact with is Death's Head, because he is the only robot character in Marvel who truly rejects the "I wish I was human" trope. Such a worldview would make Vision question himself and if he is truly is his own man. Death's Head has this hugely independent attitude (that, quite frankly, Vision could learn alot from), and an odd kind of morality, and like Vision is a living being who is not a machine but not organic either.

After all, Kieron Gillan had Death's Head cite Tony Stark's cold slaughtering of robots as proof of Stark being a fascist. Vision himself was unnerved as to why Stark took years to bother to reactivate him...effectively proving Death's Head's argument that humans have an innate racist belief that sentience is exclusive to them. I'd rather see that kind of serious character growth than a token romance.
    Being a huge TF fan I would love any excuse for more of everyone's favourite Freelance Peace-Keeping Agent

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I think it is symbolic/foreshadowing that the light is only on as long as Wanda looks at it. Also interesting that Vision has to help her out, by just switching on the light. But I think that is well outbalanced by her “You were saying” at the end. That is exactly the attitude I was hoping for / expecting from Wanda.

Also wordgames like “vision Vision” belong to the kind of humor I like very much.

If the show is as good as the clip we are going to be in a very good place.

I'm a bit worried about how they're gonna handle every episode, we know that the last episode or the two last episodes would be full Epic MCU movie etc

But you can't make whole episodes about sitcoms, i guess in every episode you're going to see a bit of action?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I'm a bit worried about how they're gonna handle every episode, we know that the last episode or the two last episodes would be full Epic MCU movie etc

But you can't make whole episodes about sitcoms, i guess in every episode you're going to see a bit of action?
    Action in a 70's sitcom? Lmao the astheic will be hysterical.

It looks like a lot of fun so far.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

From Twitter

POSSIBLE SPOILERS: Insider who hit several points (Charly Murphy) in the plot of "WandaVision" before any promotional material believes that:

- Evan Peters will actually play Quicksilver;
    - Mephisto, Chthon and Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) will not appear in the series.

Apparently he also said that he could be wrong about Aaron not being in WandaVision...

I wonder if Evan Peters plays a version of Pietro in one of the timelines. Like a joke about recasting or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    From Twitter

POSSIBLE SPOILERS: Insider who hit several points (Charly Murphy) in the plot of "WandaVision" before any promotional material believes that:

- Evan Peters will actually play Quicksilver;
    - Mephisto, Chthon and Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) will not appear in the series.

Apparently he also said that he could be wrong about Aaron not being in WandaVision...
    So he's just guessing.

We'll all find out soon anyway.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    So he's just guessing.

We'll all find out soon anyway.
    Like all "insiders"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, I never understood how Vision and Simon were different dudes with the same brain. I liked how in Avengers 2 that Ultron adopted the personality of Tony Stark. That made total sense to me. If Vision inherited Wonder Man's brain patterns, wouldn't he be a happy-go-lucky and devil-may-care fella like Simon too? Instead he was this serious dude with a "brooding" personality. As I've stated many times in this thread, it would have been much more logical for Vision to be more like Simon personality-wise. And for him to get on Wanda's nerves with his childish antics.

It seems like Wanda and Vision are very loving and supportive of one another in WandaVision. Which is great. That means the Byrne and Bendis stuff has been minimized. I would also hate it if Wanda and Vision become ANOTHER bickering couple in the MCU. Lang and van Dyne, MJ and Peter, Strange and Christine, Quill and Gamora, Stark and Potts. They spent entire minutes insulting and yelling at each other. It got really annoying and repetitive. I even doubted those couples were even in love a lot of the time. I didn't get that vibe with Wanda and Vision though. They seemed pretty mature about their romance. But from the trailers I'm seeing, it looks like Vision is slowly turning into a goofball.
    They have the same "brainwave pattern", Vision technically has Simon's mental structure, but without any of his memories.
    It's like if you take an adult and purge all of his memories, but some of his habits/instincts from his former self remains. Vision has the result of some of Simon's traits without himself knowing why.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Oh that's actually THE way it used to be shot and the dialogue!! they are truly going all the way im impressed!!!
    Yep, they actually filmed it in black and white. Visions face is even painted blue because his regular colors didn't look good in black and white.

Paul Bettany for Total Film Magazine.