Page 142 of 774 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242642 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She didnt just burst into tears. You are minimizing what actually ended up happening. Did she know what her grief would do? No, but thats what the courts are there to decide. The info we learned was nothing that was made apparent to the authorities. She should have been arrested and a deposition set for her to decide her fate
    is this gonna turn into a law and order crossover?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There'd be no way for their to keep someone contained that possesses god-like powers.

Wanda needs therapy and training, not corporal punishment.
    which is what a hearing would decide. She literally just flew off. No therapy or training; just Wanda unchecked and free to unleash even more destruction. She was in way over her head. She should have surrendered herself and worked with the higher ups to ensure this doesnt happen again. Surely they'd have looped in the Avengers to help with this. It also seems irresponsible of S.W.O.R.D. to do nothing but I can only guess they are planning to find her

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    is this gonna turn into a law and order crossover?
    No, the coming D+ show, She-Hulk

She didnt just burst into tears. You are minimizing what actually ended up happening. Did she know what her grief would do? No, but thats what the courts are there to decide. The info we learned was nothing that was made apparent to the authorities. She should have been arrested and a deposition set for her to decide her fate

now all of a sudden? This was main thrust of Civil War and Wanda was the cause of that too. Zemo is what happens when you disregard the random nobody
    Civil War was almost as poorly written as the comic. And US government proved through Hayward no one gives a damn about the Sokovia Accords and you can break em however you please. And those nobodies should no better than to want smoke with Wanda they'll fallback.

Extraordinary Member

Also before I go I want to thank CJStriker in particular for keeping this thread so upbeat and optimistic and full of love for the character. Please keep on being that way and I hope my pessimism hasn't depressed you or anyone. Wanda deserves love and optimism, and whatever may happen to her in the future, the love that fans have for her is finding its way around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, I found it disappointing. I don't even mind the story they were telling about Wanda, I just feel that the mystery structure worked against it. They spent all this time teasing spoilers:
    that maybe it wasn't Wanda's fault, or maybe she didn't know what was going on, or that there was more to the story... and in the end it turned out that everything was the simplest possible explanation: Wanda created the Hex when her powers went out of control, she was torturing everyone in the town and fooling herself into thinking they were happy, and she had to let Vision and the boys go when she could no longer be in denial. Fine... but because they kept that a mystery for so long, Wanda was mostly seen from the outside. Even Agatha mentioned in the next-to-last episode that it was hard to know who Wanda really was because she kept play-acting at everything.

I knew she would probably wind up alone again at the end, but I was hoping she would get to grow a little bit. I think the creators weren't lying when they said this would be a coming-of-age story, because they thought she would grow enough by embracing her destiny as the Scarlet Witch. But it just wasn't enough. All she's learned is that she's so dangerous she has to hide away from the world.
    end of spoilers

Maybe they thought they could end the show on this note because Doctor Strange 2 was originally supposed to come out a couple of months later, so they didn't need to tie up Wanda's story. But even if Strange 2 had happened as scheduled I'd find this unsatisfying.

I guess I'm going to have to accept at this point that the way I want Wanda written is probably not going to happen, in comics or in other media. Maybe if something good happens to her in the MCU or the comics I'll come back, but for now I think I'm just going to have to stop following her, because I couldn't enjoy the show for worrying what they might do to her, and I can't look forward to the next Doctor Strange movie because I worry about what they might do to her there. To be fair to the MCU, Elizabeth Olsen has done an incredible job portraying her and I think she really does understand and love the character. But I also think the writers just don't see her as a true hero and maybe they never will.

I hope this doesn't depress anyone who liked the episode, and it wasn't exactly bad. But I think being a Scarlet Witch fan genuinely isn't good for me and I'd better just stop posting here for a while, at least until the character's future is decided one way or another.

I appreciate everyone who posts here and we know that the character is great no matter what the writers put her through. But I just think I have to accept that if I keep following the character I'll always be depressed at what might happen to her. And that's my problem, not the writers', but I'd better just let it go for a while and stop being so invested in what happens to her next.

Thanks for everything; this has been one of the best fandom communities I've ever been a part of. Wanda is such a great character -- I have to go not because she's been "ruined," she hasn't, but because I just spend too much time worrying and not enough time enjoying.

which is what a hearing would decide. She literally just flew off. No therapy or training; just Wanda unchecked and free to unleash even more destruction. She was in way over her head. She should have surrendered herself and worked with the higher ups to ensure this doesnt happen again. Surely they'd have looped in the Avengers to help with this. It also seems irresponsible of S.W.O.R.D. to do nothing but I can only guess they are planning to find her

fine but I demand nothing less than the Living tribunal as a judge.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

A hearing would be so boring for heroes. Have someone close to her just suggest a doctor they know. Or have doctor for heroes. Enough of them have ptsd.

No she should not surrender herself after authorities had also used her powers to create a weapon. She needs magical training to control the chaos.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, I found it disappointing. I don't even mind the story they were telling about Wanda, I just feel that the mystery structure worked against it. They spent all this time teasing spoilers:
    that maybe it wasn't Wanda's fault, or maybe she didn't know what was going on, or that there was more to the story... and in the end it turned out that everything was the simplest possible explanation: Wanda created the Hex when her powers went out of control, she was torturing everyone in the town and fooling herself into thinking they were happy, and she had to let Vision and the boys go when she could no longer be in denial. Fine... but because they kept that a mystery for so long, Wanda was mostly seen from the outside. Even Agatha mentioned in the next-to-last episode that it was hard to know who Wanda really was because she kept play-acting at everything.

I knew she would probably wind up alone again at the end, but I was hoping she would get to grow a little bit. I think the creators weren't lying when they said this would be a coming-of-age story, because they thought she would grow enough by embracing her destiny as the Scarlet Witch. But it just wasn't enough. All she's learned is that she's so dangerous she has to hide away from the world.
    end of spoilers

Maybe they thought they could end the show on this note because Doctor Strange 2 was originally supposed to come out a couple of months later, so they didn't need to tie up Wanda's story. But even if Strange 2 had happened as scheduled I'd find this unsatisfying.

I guess I'm going to have to accept at this point that the way I want Wanda written is probably not going to happen, in comics or in other media. Maybe if something good happens to her in the MCU or the comics I'll come back, but for now I think I'm just going to have to stop following her, because I couldn't enjoy the show for worrying what they might do to her, and I can't look forward to the next Doctor Strange movie because I worry about what they might do to her there. To be fair to the MCU, Elizabeth Olsen has done an incredible job portraying her and I think she really does understand and love the character. But I also think the writers just don't see her as a true hero and maybe they never will.

I hope this doesn't depress anyone who liked the episode, and it wasn't exactly bad. But I think being a Scarlet Witch fan genuinely isn't good for me and I'd better just stop posting here for a while, at least until the character's future is decided one way or another.

I appreciate everyone who posts here and we know that the character is great no matter what the writers put her through. But I just think I have to accept that if I keep following the character I'll always be depressed at what might happen to her. And that's my problem, not the writers', but I'd better just let it go for a while and stop being so invested in what happens to her next.

Thanks for everything; this has been one of the best fandom communities I've ever been a part of. Wanda is such a great character -- I have to go not because she's been "ruined," she hasn't, but because I just spend too much time worrying and not enough time enjoying.
    Shame to hear you are taking a break. But sadly I can't blame you, it looks like Wanda will never be allowed to be a hero and be happy.

A hearing would be so boring for heroes. Have someone close to her just suggest a doctor they know. Or have doctor for heroes. Enough of them have ptsd.

No she should not surrender herself after authorities had also used her powers to create a weapon. She needs magical training to control the chaos.
    Its not like she went and sought that. She is messing with magic unchecked by herself which is dangerous

A hearing would be a waste of time the higher ups can't be trusted and the last thing she needed was to be locked up alone with her thoughts mourning her children and vision again with no sense of freedom. Honestly who has the time.

Its not like she went and sought that. She is messing with magic unchecked by herself which is dangerous
    She should have sought that. But that's probably partially why she ends up in DS2.

besides there is no episode 10 and consequences my still very well be in the work, we don't know what will happen, all we know is that wanda isolated herself in a very secluded and uninhabited location in order to further understand her abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    A hearing would be a waste of time the higher ups can't be trusted and the last thing she needed was to be locked up alone with her thoughts mourning her children and vision again with no sense of freedom. Honestly who has the time.
    Seriously. It'd show absolutely no learning by authorities on how not to approach a depressed god-like being wielding chaos. It'd probably bring about a calamity.

Seriously. It'd show absolutely no learning by authorities on how not to approach a depressed god-like being wielding chaos. It'd probably bring about a calamity.
    let's be real, they would just look for a way to weaponize her

Exactly my point! It would be inept honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    let's be real, they would just look for a way to weaponize her
    Exactly the Sokovia accords don't mean **** I never wanna hear about them again honestly the government is fraudulent in every universe.