Page 147 of 774 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247647 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    But didn't many major characters commit "unforgiveable sins" in Civil War? How did they bounce back?
    It's not comparable to what Bendis wrote for Wanda...

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

This final episode was everything I hoped for and nothing of what I have feared for.

spoilers:
    First off, beforehand I found it to be absolutely necessary that Wanda will make a conscious decision to release the people of Westview. And she did! I wrote before that I was irritated why this must be a sad ending when it should be possible to split the problem up. That’s just the way I approach such things. And the show really gave an explanation that works in-universe: The Hex, the mind-control, the survival of Vison and the kinds, it all came as a bundle, because Wanda didn’t know what she was doing. And there *was* a way to split it up. Agatha could have done that with her knowledge (maybe Agatha was lying, though). But the condition that Agatha gave, Wanda understood that she has the moral obligation not to give her power to an evil witch, no matter the personal cost. Agatha offered Wanda to keep Westview as it is, Agatha offered Wanda to split it up and release the people, Agatha offered Wanda to release her of the burden, and Wanda stood her ground to do what’s morally right.

Agatha got an … interesting punishment, and it really stands out that unlike most MCU villains she wasn’t killed off. I think there will be crises that will make Wanda and her grudgingly work together, and eventually Agatha could become Wanda’s mentor afterall. I am just frustrated the show never really showed what Agatha’s motivations are. A bit more insight into her character would have helped.

Monica finally got rewarded for believing that below all that grief and frightening power Wanda is a good person. Wanda’s final line to her “I don’t understand this power, but I will” was perfect.

With Agatha not preferable right now, I kinda like it that Wanda chose to learn on her own. Just maybe she shouldn’t have started with the most dangerous magic book in existence, *lol*. But then again with an entire chapter devoted to her, she needs to know what’s coming for her to be able to repel the dark prophecy. Also I am wondering if her using an astral-projection is more than a gimmick. Maybe she does that to protect her from the corrupting influence of the Darkhold, keep her physical body a few meters apart from it when it’s active.

I am thrilled that we finally get elements that belong to Chthon! I think that is what the prophecy of Wanda destroying the word is all about. I am not even worried about that, we know that is something Wanda will be able to repel, and keep the Chaos Magic for her own heroic purposes. Also now I totally wanna see Wanda as a small puppet, haha!
    end of spoilers

In the recent weeks I’ve made it very clear how worried I was about how where this show will take Wanda, how her character will be looked at by the real audience. Now I am glad that I saw it through. Long before the show was announced I saw a Movie-Version of HoM as a Damocles-Sword over Wanda. The producers took this story, that did so much damage to Wanda, and turned it into a triumph. It may not quite feel like that, because it’s so sad. But this was the ultimate trial for Wanda’s character, up to the point where even she herself was wondering if she is a good person. Yet she set things right and prevailed against all evil influence and temptation. Compare that to the deranged woman she was at the end of HoM where she gave up herself and erased her own memory! This right here is defining for her, and therefore I am not worried for her future in the MCU anymore. She very well might cause more problems with her powers, but I believe that it will be done in a way that people can sympathize with her. Because now it is established that Wanda is good at heart, no matter what. And in “Infinty War” and “Endgame” we have seen her being heroic in things that she didn’t cause, it should be only a matter of time until we see that again.

If someone is wondering how people are really feeling about Wanda now, instead of sensationalist sites like this and equally bad video-channels, I highly recommend reaction videos for the episodes. The way Wanda has emotionally engaged people is truly amazing!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    It's not comparable to what Bendis wrote for Wanda...
    Ok. So her actions were more severe.

Does she still need redemption?

Extraordinary Member

Honestly y'all think the Darkhold will be talked about in the movie? I have a feeling that for now it will be just a part of Wanda's Lore in the MCU since Dr Strange gains power from other things and has his own foes
    I think Darkhold will be used when it's needed, like explaining the origin of Vampires(and other related supernatural creatures should they use them).
    But now it's probably just about Wanda, and I am happy with that.
    I hope they explore Chthon's lore in DS2 along with Vishanti/Oshtur, but don't make Chthon the main villain, since he is not a "personal villain" of Stephen, and using him as the main villain will be detrimental for both Stephen and Wanda. My idea would be Wanda's part of power is needed along with Stephen's to solve whatever crisis that is in DS2.(Like something that would need the combined force of two Elder Gods representing light and dark) Chthon will sorta be a temporary "ally" since he wants Earth for himself.(Or just Wanda using his knowledge to help Stephen regardless of what Chthon wants since he have little say on Earth.)
    And hopefully they give Wanda another shot at a series or a movie to finish her storyline about the Darkhold prophecy.

Extraordinary Member

Ok. So her actions were more severe.

Does she still need redemption?
    It's not just that.
    1.Bendis basically ignored all of Wanda's comic stories during the 1996-2004 era just to retcon the **** out of her and make her crazy. Basically she got her character and lore butchered beyond recognition.
    2. She wiped out mutant gene on Earth, and then got tossed into comic limbo for 7 years, with no redemption, no character salvaging what so ever. Wanda fans got absolutely nothing from comics, while the impression about her character is fixed by AD/HOM. Writers and readers form assumption about her character as well I think.(And the hate mob from X-fandom doesn't help, and new Avengers fans don't recognize her status as a classic Avenger.)
    3. Redemption stories like Children's Crusade, AVX, etc, did some half-assed job in terms of rehabitating her character.
    Basically for a long time, she accumulate haters, useless "fans" who think she is only good for "superhero power comparison", and writers who just love to ignore her even in her home franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I'm surprised she didn't have more stuff at the end of last year that was at least comic book look related. There is a big hole for people who collect comic book versions of MCU characters, and Wanda is lacking. As someone who collects action figures, we should've had 3 comic book Wanda figures by now. Anyway...
    Depends how long you have been collecting action figures as Wanda has a few action figures over the years.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It's not just that.
    1.Bendis basically ignored all of Wanda's comic stories during the 1996-2004 era just to retcon the **** out of her and make her crazy. Basically she got her character and lore butchered beyond recognition.
    2. She wiped out mutant gene on Earth, and then got tossed into comic limbo for 7 years, with no redemption, no character salvaging what so ever. Wanda fans got absolutely nothing from comics, while the impression about her character is fixed by AD/HOM. Writers and readers form assumption about her character as well I think.(And the hate mob from X-fandom doesn't help, and new Avengers fans don't recognize her status as a classic Avenger.)
    3. Redemption stories like Children's Crusade, AVX, etc, did some half-assed job in terms of rehabitating her character.
    Basically for a long time, she accumulate haters, useless "fans" who think she is only good for "superhero power comparison", and writers who just love to ignore her even in her home franchise.
    So basically she was a tool to continue the mutant persecution complex?

I hope her newfound popularity begins to fix some of this.

It's not just that.
    Yeah and it will probably be who knows how long before they actually do anything about it. HOM was 15 years ago and they still haven't undone it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah and it will probably be who knows how long before they actually do anything about it. HOM was 15 years ago and they still haven't undone it.
    Honestly, after getting to know the character, she's more interesting to me than most X-Men and many Avengers

Scarlet Witch Special Edition Doll from shopDisney.

This a Dream come true... How good it feels to have this much Wanda content and merch after a decade of having her forgotten and in limbo, hopefully this can push her more in the comics, and she also will be appearing in another Blockbuster movie like Dr Strange
    What size or scale? I only buy for Barbie / action figure 1/6 size ( I have 400 various dolls)
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

The official pictures are probably coming this Monday with the pre-sale like the other funko did

She's reading the Darkhold '-'

Extraordinary Member

Honestly, after getting to know the character, she's more interesting to me than most X-Men and many Avengers
    And sadly the legacy of HoM basically blocked a lot of new fans from further knowing her character.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Depends how long you have been collecting action figures as Wanda has a few action figures over the years.
    I'm interested in 1/6 scale, like Barbie or similar action figure size. I have indeed seen some over the years, but keep waiting for one more like comic classic Wanda. Sideshow Toys or Hot Toys did one. Barbie figure would work if it is out there.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Ultimate Member

And sadly the legacy of HoM basically blocked a lot of new fans from further knowing her character.
    Maybe the show will spur more interest in her comic version.

So, in the post-credits stinger, was that just a stylish scene transition or did Wanda use magic to duplicate herself?