Page 153 of 774 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253653 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 11598

I wish her hair was darker and was more like how it looks in the sky.

The darker hair definitely makes the red pop. Darker hair, lighter red. So perfect.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this but they actually made the Scarlet Witch look work.

That tiara is a 10/10.

Incredible costume. Probably the best in the MCU current lineup. Iconic.

****. I can't believe I'm saying this!
    The tiara makes the costume work. And I thought that would be the cheesiest part of it. But the headdress actually looks really REGAL on Olsen. Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    That would be neat, say did you notice how her crown seemed to be sparkling with power while she was floating? It really gave her costume the right accents of red
    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I wish her hair was darker and was more like how it looks in the sky.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The darker hair definitely makes the red pop. Darker hair, lighter red. So perfect.
    WELL, if Any of my friends I care for and other fellow fans need more to know if Wanda is being Loved after the end of the Show and inter how the World is reacting to her New Goddess look, this is a gift for You ALL to show the World is Loving Wanda!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    WELL, if Any of my friends I care for and other fellow fans need more to know if Wanda is being Loved after the end of the Show and inter how the World is reacting to her New Goddess look, this is a gift for You ALL to show the World is Loving Wanda!

CJ, as Agatha would say, you are just cruel now, that video must feel like westview style torture for people affected by a severe hate-boner for Wanda.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Why don't they just call Wanda the "Purple Witch"?

Why don't they just call Wanda the "Purple Witch"?
    She’s scarlet, purple is a mixture of blue and red, red is the color of chaos
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    CJ, as Agatha would say, you are just cruel now, that video must feel like westview style torture for people affected by a severe hate-boner for Wanda.
    Thanks Daedra, Glad you Liked it.

What I am trying to get at for My Friends here in the Wanda Fandom is that I talked with a local comic store owner today and he things Wanda looked great and came out great form the show. All the stuff we are talking here on CBR is really the Minority of Minority opinions on how Wanda looks to the world.

ALL, I keep finding is Love for Wanda and Heartbreak for he losses and any of the negatives that we worry about with Wanda here on CBR from the show others online like YouTube are coming to her Defense with the same understandings fans like you and I and others have been saying about Wanda.

So I get the conern from some, I Care about them and their Worries allot, but I want to keep showing them that Wanda is in a better position and better loved then the arguments we have here on CBR, the Real World is bigger then our corner of the net and Wanda is Someone we don't have to worry about as much as we think.

We need to enjoy the love and appriciation she is get and rethink our concerns to see that more postives came out of this show then we realize and any concerns are likely to be address as her character develops!

Love for Wanda should always be Celebrated and it helps us heal, Please I ask my Fellow Wanda Fans that are concerned to know we are with you and My Belief is to help you threw this and show you what Greatness Wanda has come out of this with.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I appreciate the replies to my post. If you don't mind one more negative post I want to explain why I was so upset at "WandaVision."

(Spoilers follow)

I don't mind that they took Wanda to a dark place, but I feel like the MCU creators don't see Wanda as cut out to be a hero. She tortured innocent people who were begging to be set free, and the only excuse they gave her is that she deluded herself into thinking they were happy. As Agatha pointed out, "heroes don't torture people." There was nothing in the entire series to show that she cared about anyone but herself. Sure, Monica told her about the sacrifice she made, but come on, everyone knew why that line was silly. And they didn't even give Wanda a chance to apologize to anyone except Monica, who was practically her only victim who got helped and not hurt.

Maybe they intend for her to come back from this in Doctor Strange 2, or the now-inevitable WandaVision 2. And maybe they don't. But if you compare how they portrayed Carol coming into her full power, it's clear which character they think is good and which one they think is dangerous and scary.

So the message I got from the series is that Wanda isn't cut out to be a hero, and now that Vision isn't there to pull her back from the brink, she has to accept that her destiny is darkness and chaos. I don't see any hope that they'll let her help people. And if the MCU won't portray her as a true hero then it's unlikely the comics will.

So I have to stop following Wanda. It's very hard because I love and identify with the character so much. But I think it's clear to me that everyone in power at Marvel thinks she's "more interesting" if she's not a true hero. If they make her a quasi-villain in her first starring role, then I don't see how they will ever stop.

I'm much too depressed over a fictional character than I should be, I know. Maybe it's just that the character has helped me through some tough times and looking forward to her show helped me through this horrible year, and then they go and do this.

If I'm proven wrong and her next MCU role treats her better, then maybe I'll start following her again. But I have to stop following her now and learn to let her go.
    Why apologize, it's not like it's the first day this thread is all gloom and hopeless misery.
    Anyway, see you in a better time.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I appreciate the replies to my post. If you don't mind one more negative post I want to explain why I was so upset at "WandaVision."

(Spoilers follow)

I don't mind that they took Wanda to a dark place, but I feel like the MCU creators don't see Wanda as cut out to be a hero. She tortured innocent people who were begging to be set free, and the only excuse they gave her is that she deluded herself into thinking they were happy. As Agatha pointed out, "heroes don't torture people." There was nothing in the entire series to show that she cared about anyone but herself. Sure, Monica told her about the sacrifice she made, but come on, everyone knew why that line was silly. And they didn't even give Wanda a chance to apologize to anyone except Monica, who was practically her only victim who got helped and not hurt.

Maybe they intend for her to come back from this in Doctor Strange 2, or the now-inevitable WandaVision 2. And maybe they don't. But if you compare how they portrayed Carol coming into her full power, it's clear which character they think is good and which one they think is dangerous and scary.

So the message I got from the series is that Wanda isn't cut out to be a hero, and now that Vision isn't there to pull her back from the brink, she has to accept that her destiny is darkness and chaos. I don't see any hope that they'll let her help people. And if the MCU won't portray her as a true hero then it's unlikely the comics will.

So I have to stop following Wanda. It's very hard because I love and identify with the character so much. But I think it's clear to me that everyone in power at Marvel thinks she's "more interesting" if she's not a true hero. If they make her a quasi-villain in her first starring role, then I don't see how they will ever stop.

I'm much too depressed over a fictional character than I should be, I know. Maybe it's just that the character has helped me through some tough times and looking forward to her show helped me through this horrible year, and then they go and do this.

If I'm proven wrong and her next MCU role treats her better, then maybe I'll start following her again. But I have to stop following her now and learn to let her go.
    Sadly I couldn't agree more. WandaVision was the perfect chance for Marvel to redeem Wanda in the eyes of her non-fans and haters and they wrecked it by making her look like the villain and it depresses me to see all the new hatred Wanda has received due to what should have been her moment to shine. Marvel will say this is just the start of her story but it isn't, it's the continuation of Wanda screwing up and being screwed over by Marvel. They don't care about her, she's just a plot device, designed to make things worse. The fact that there is now a whole year for we see her again, doesn't help as it leaves her story without any resolution. Will DS2 make things better, I doubt it as Wanda wouldn't be the focus as it isn't her movie and they fact they screwed up Wanda so badly in her own show, by resorting to the Crazy overpowered woman trope, really doesn't inspire me with confidence.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Sadly I couldn't agree more. WandaVision was the perfect chance for Marvel to redeem Wanda in the eyes of her non-fans and haters and they wrecked it by making her look like the villain and it depresses me to see all the new hatred Wanda has received due to what should have been her moment to shine. Marvel will say this is just the start of her story but it isn't, it's the continuation of Wanda screwing up and being screwed over by Marvel. They don't care about her, she's just a plot device, designed to make things worse. The fact that there is now a whole year for we see her again, doesn't help as it leaves her story without any resolution. Will DS2 make things better, I doubt it as Wanda wouldn't be the focus as it isn't her movie and they fact they screwed up Wanda so badly in her own show, by resorting to the Crazy overpowered woman trope, really doesn't inspire me with confidence.
    What’s especially galling to me was how the show runners went out of their way to say they would avoid doing that.

I don't think it'll ever matter if non-fans and haters are on her side. They'd probably find a reason regardless.

And what showrunners said was probably based on the whole story being told about Wanda and not just this show, since they said that's only the beginning.

And I don't agree that it made her look like a villain. But made her look troubled. Someone that didn't mean to do harm but because of grief, out of control powers, did do harm. She was hostile to those that tried to help her part way through, when she was going from the denial phase to anger. But still protected Monica, even when she yeeted her.

I think they were just trying to take her through the stages of grief and then everything after will be her trying to get herself and her powers right.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 03-08-2021 at 02:16 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Digibash Marvel legends Scarlet Witch Vintage Packaging
    https://www.deviantart.com/leokearon...ging-872577341

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    What’s especially galling to me was how the show runners went out of their way to say they would avoid doing that.
    Well, they kinda avoid that? Not full on eradication of House of M elements but that's better than I expected anyway.
    And they don't really associate insanity with power.(As in the Bendis explanation "the crazier she get, the more powerful she gets nonsense".)
    They used a cool prophecy for explanation of her power while depicting her depression and grief well.
    Yeah, I can do without grieving Wanda kidnapping a town, but it's what it is, the stereotypical impression of her character will grow either way since that's the norm for her character.(I would say the show helped in the department of cutting her unnecessary ties, yes it won't kill them off, but at least we can rule out her being a plot device for certain characters.)

She ate