Page 165 of 774 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265665 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 11598

WandaVision Writer Jac Schaeffer Teases Future Bond for Scarlet Witch and Agatha Harkness

https://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/new...mpression=true

Jee Hyung Lee's Scarlet Witch variant for Women of Marvel #1

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Interesting what becomes clear when something is played in a loop over and over. One can see Lizzie’s arm-muscles working. She was no kidding when she said she works out more for this role. Maybe Wanda is now ready to punch Modred

By the way, I am irritated by how similar the names Modred and Mordo are. That isn’t the same magician, is it?

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I don't watch them for a long time but that's a shame, I thought he is the nuanced guy before.
    And I am not surprised about Grace Randolph.
    I am glad a lot of my favorite Yoututbers do like the show though, some of them aren't even movie/TV reviewer.(Like Marz who mentioned WandaVision about the line "What is grief if not love persevering." in a recent video about losing people to suicide, I am just glad the message of the show helped some people feel better about some heavy subjects.)
    John Campea also firmly believes that Hayward is the good guy in this story, maybe a scene Hayward strangling puppies to death would have helped?

Grace Randolph recently made an analyses about Wanda’s new costume, where she seriously said what I have been joking a few weeks ago, that this is a villain-costume.
    WTF?

Oh my, I had seen that Vlog too, and it struck me out of nowhere, both her tragic loss and that she is watching WandaVision.

I liked her cameo in Strange Academy issue 9. I wouldn't mind if her time as a teacher gets a spotlight in a future Scarlet Witch solo. I have a lot of friends from college who went on to become teachers so its untapped potential. It's a good day job if you want Wanda to have some kind of normal life outside of superheroing.

The first Wandavision cosplayer that I have seen
    https://twitter.com/cosplay_heart/st...21249954746369

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The first Wandavision cosplayer that I have seen
    https://twitter.com/cosplay_heart/st...21249954746369
    My Goodness That is BADA$$!!!

It is also Really impressive to, the costume’s debut is barely week old yet a cosplayer made THIS accurate of a costume this fast! It shows the skill these cosplayers have is Amazing!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    My Goodness That is BADA$$!!!

It is also Really impressive to, the costume’s debut is barely week old yet a cosplayer made THIS accurate of a costume this fast! It shows the skill these cosplayers have is Amazing!
    the costume has been floating around the internet for months now. Its unlikely she pulled this together in about a week
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-11-2021 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    the costume has been floating around the internet for months now. Its unlikely she pulled this together in about a week
    That's not true. Only the torso part had been teased on the promo pics. Some people were making fanarts with what they assumed the rest would look like.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I liked her cameo in Strange Academy issue 9. I wouldn't mind if her time as a teacher gets a spotlight in a future Scarlet Witch solo. I have a lot of friends from college who went on to become teachers so its untapped potential. It's a good day job if you want Wanda to have some kind of normal life outside of superheroing.
    I don't mind Wanda being a teacher though I also liked her being a Mystical Detective from her own book. I just don't like the outfit the gave her in Strange Academy #9

Extraordinary Member

I actually would like her to be more of a scholar, with field studying and recording uncharted magic field(mainly related to her own lore of course).

Extraordinary Member

I'll stop doing this soon, but I think this quote from Jac Schaeffer is an example of why I have a problem with her take on Wanda:

"It would just be my assessment, and I would be so curious to hear what Lizzie has to say, but I don’t think [Wanda] carries a lot of guilt. I think one of the things that she gained and earned from the events of this series is that she stepped entirely into her power and I think that she has a lot of confidence and I think she embodies it so fully to a point that I don’t think she’s thinking too much about the residents of Westview, which I don’t think is great. I think it’s a little bit of a concern.”

She's not saying Wanda will be a villain, but she's certainly saying Wanda could be a villain if she chooses to go that way, and I think that's part of the point of the ending. Wanda can go either way at this point, depending on what the MCU chooses to do with her next. And that's why they didn't want to show her being as sorry as she probably should have been, because the point of the ending is not that she's going to be a better person, just that she's starting her life over again.

I didn't mind Wanda doing selfish things, but I wish she'd been allowed to do something unselfish (ending the Hex doesn't count; it wasn't even making her happy). But even the final fight with Agatha wasn't about helping people, it was just a battle over who had the rights to the Scarlet Witch powers. What Wanda will do with those powers now is up to her and the writers.

Update: I hadn't seen this one where Schaeffer calls Wanda "inherently selfish" and says this about the final scene:

"My assessment of it is that there has been healing and she has reached a level of acceptance of everything that has transpired with Vision. She has integrated her trauma in a way that has given her peace. However, I also think that she has fully stepped into her power and that she’s feeling very confident and very invincible, which is a little bit dangerous. Her life has been about so much self-doubt and so much denial of all things. Denial about what’s happened to her, but also a denial of her essential power. So, I love it for her that she’s embodying it fully. But we all know the saying, 'With great power…'”

So yeah. She's not saying Wanda can't be a hero, but I think she's pretty clear that Wanda is neither hero nor villain at this point, and could go either way depending on what happens in Strange 2 and whatever comes next. Which still gets me down, because the show makes it seem like Vision is heroic and cares about other people, and Wanda just isn't like that.
    Last edited by gurkle; 03-11-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I don't mind Wanda being a teacher though I also liked her being a Mystical Detective from her own book. I just don't like the outfit the gave her in Strange Academy #9
    I'd just have her do both jobs and try to balance both. You could even have one of her students become a companion.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I mind if that's how she is going to present herself in substitute teacher clothes that look straight out of Goodwill!! The nerve of her!! That is her first appearance following the hype from her show and that is what she chooses to serve us I am broken & I am disgusted!!
    Last edited by Journey; 03-11-2021 at 03:57 PM.