Page 166 of 774 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266666 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 11598
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Looking back at the trailer for What If...? and knowing what we know about the Scarlet Witch after WandaVision and how she possibly connects to Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness.... could this person with Stephen on the trailer be Wanda?

For anyone who doesn't remember, the trailer depicts an alternative version of Doctor Strange who appears to be corrupted by dark magic. With chaos magic and the Darkhold established through WV, I wonder if this ties-in with DSITMOM more than we expected. It would be nice to get some extra MCU Wanda content this year, even if it's in an AU. For those of us who thought we'd have to wait one entire year, that's a win!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Looking back at the trailer for What If...? and knowing what we know about the Scarlet Witch after WandaVision and how she possibly connects to Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness.... could this person with Stephen on the trailer be Wanda?

For anyone who doesn't remember, the trailer depicts an alternative version of Doctor Strange who appears to be corrupted by dark magic. With chaos magic and the Darkhold established through WV, I wonder if this ties-in with DSITMOM more than we expected. It would be nice to get some extra MCU Wanda content this year, even if it's in an AU. For those of us who thought we'd have to wait one entire year, that's a win!
    I don't know how much What If? actually connects with the main timeline. But it's a cool idea

Lightbulb

I like the idea anytime that Agents of SHIELD and The Runaways Might be MCU Canon.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'll stop doing this soon, but I think this quote from Jac Schaeffer is an example of why I have a problem with her take on Wanda:

"It would just be my assessment, and I would be so curious to hear what Lizzie has to say, but I don’t think [Wanda] carries a lot of guilt. I think one of the things that she gained and earned from the events of this series is that she stepped entirely into her power and I think that she has a lot of confidence and I think she embodies it so fully to a point that I don’t think she’s thinking too much about the residents of Westview, which I don’t think is great. I think it’s a little bit of a concern.”

She's not saying Wanda will be a villain, but she's certainly saying Wanda could be a villain if she chooses to go that way, and I think that's part of the point of the ending. Wanda can go either way at this point, depending on what the MCU chooses to do with her next. And that's why they didn't want to show her being as sorry as she probably should have been, because the point of the ending is not that she's going to be a better person, just that she's starting her life over again.

I didn't mind Wanda doing selfish things, but I wish she'd been allowed to do something unselfish (ending the Hex doesn't count; it wasn't even making her happy). But even the final fight with Agatha wasn't about helping people, it was just a battle over who had the rights to the Scarlet Witch powers. What Wanda will do with those powers now is up to her and the writers.

Update: I hadn't seen this one where Schaeffer calls Wanda "inherently selfish" and says this about the final scene:

"My assessment of it is that there has been healing and she has reached a level of acceptance of everything that has transpired with Vision. She has integrated her trauma in a way that has given her peace. However, I also think that she has fully stepped into her power and that she’s feeling very confident and very invincible, which is a little bit dangerous. Her life has been about so much self-doubt and so much denial of all things. Denial about what’s happened to her, but also a denial of her essential power. So, I love it for her that she’s embodying it fully. But we all know the saying, 'With great power…'”

So yeah. She's not saying Wanda can't be a hero, but I think she's pretty clear that Wanda is neither hero nor villain at this point, and could go either way depending on what happens in Strange 2 and whatever comes next. Which still gets me down, because the show makes it seem like Vision is heroic and cares about other people, and Wanda just isn't like that.
    I Read this and like other times I Get where the worry comes from in this Gurkle, but I think the creators say these things cause;

A.) They don't have really any say or knowledge or even ablity both sadly and just how it is that after their project is done with a character they may have very little to no say in how the charcter is then evloved after their project is done. So really they can be spilling out theories at best with only bits of possible substance in what they think will happen, but no really power to make such happen.

B.) This is just done to make people hungry for the next project Wanda will be in, just like any other character they find what will generate the most take and if they gave one side or another at definitive it might turn off fans from going to pay $$$$$ for the next project if those creators already gave away where the character is going. They like to keep in in the grey to allow for more hype if that is what it takes to generate more $$$$$.

I think we have to focus on the journey Wadna is on right now to get the best sense of where she is going and right now after WandaVision she is clearly in a state of training and knowledge learning gain control of her mysterious powers before she can go more fully hog into the worlds of heroes and villains and fight with them without hurting those around her in the process.

I can seen dark trails ahead of Wanda, but still from this on a path to hero status cause that is what will generate the most hype and most praise from Fans for the MCU. She is becoming a Darling Online to many fans, so it begs to believe if the MCU heads are seeing such postive hype for her to continue to flow suite too.

Their is teasing stuff of the Villian side, but not as much as many have fear or I thought I might, so like I have told Albert1981 in recently times, I would not worry on such things until we have amble evidance to say she might be going down that route.

We have truely seen by the other side of the evidance is how fans have postively reacted to Wanda in such a postive manner, She still looks to have a good future going down the hero side at this point Gurkle!
    Last edited by CJStriker; 03-11-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Let's face it, CJ: I'm not the best judge. I never expected Wanda to become as popular as she is now. And if I don't agree with everything Ms. Schaeffer says I still have to admit that she and her team made Wanda into the star she is now. I should cut them a little slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Interesting. Might fit into the synopsis, but I hope Strange is not possessed for his own movie. I hope this establishes the Vishanti and gives him the SS title officially.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'll stop doing this soon, but I think this quote from Jac Schaeffer is an example of why I have a problem with her take on Wanda:

"It would just be my assessment, and I would be so curious to hear what Lizzie has to say, but I don’t think [Wanda] carries a lot of guilt. I think one of the things that she gained and earned from the events of this series is that she stepped entirely into her power and I think that she has a lot of confidence and I think she embodies it so fully to a point that I don’t think she’s thinking too much about the residents of Westview, which I don’t think is great. I think it’s a little bit of a concern.”

She's not saying Wanda will be a villain, but she's certainly saying Wanda could be a villain if she chooses to go that way, and I think that's part of the point of the ending. Wanda can go either way at this point, depending on what the MCU chooses to do with her next. And that's why they didn't want to show her being as sorry as she probably should have been, because the point of the ending is not that she's going to be a better person, just that she's starting her life over again.

I didn't mind Wanda doing selfish things, but I wish she'd been allowed to do something unselfish (ending the Hex doesn't count; it wasn't even making her happy). But even the final fight with Agatha wasn't about helping people, it was just a battle over who had the rights to the Scarlet Witch powers. What Wanda will do with those powers now is up to her and the writers.

Update: I hadn't seen this one where Schaeffer calls Wanda "inherently selfish" and says this about the final scene:

"My assessment of it is that there has been healing and she has reached a level of acceptance of everything that has transpired with Vision. She has integrated her trauma in a way that has given her peace. However, I also think that she has fully stepped into her power and that she’s feeling very confident and very invincible, which is a little bit dangerous. Her life has been about so much self-doubt and so much denial of all things. Denial about what’s happened to her, but also a denial of her essential power. So, I love it for her that she’s embodying it fully. But we all know the saying, 'With great power…'”

So yeah. She's not saying Wanda can't be a hero, but I think she's pretty clear that Wanda is neither hero nor villain at this point, and could go either way depending on what happens in Strange 2 and whatever comes next. Which still gets me down, because the show makes it seem like Vision is heroic and cares about other people, and Wanda just isn't like that.
    The more interviews I read, the more worried I get. I’m trying not to be a Debbie Downer as well, but maybe I’m just too conditioned to hope for the best, plan for the worst. All I can hope is that CJ is right, and this is just the show runners spit balling what the future may hold. A lot can happen in a year, and I think Marvel is getting the message that Wanda not only a lot of fans, but fans who will want to see her as fundamentally a hero. At least I have all of you to fall back on if the worst does happen.

I think it's fortunate that they aren't handling Wanda in the long run. I hope they aren't the ones to handle Agatha should she ever appear again either. Because they made her just a generic jealous villain. Hayward, completely improperly developed. There's a lot of flaws. I think the performances carry the show. Not really their handling of the characters.

Speaking of Wandavision, what happened to the beekeeper agent of episode 2. Did Wanda delete him from reality?

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Speaking of Wandavision, what happened to the beekeeper agent of episode 2. Did Wanda delete him from reality?
    He ends up selling ice cream in the pocket world she created.

77gl4a50r3d61.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Honestly I just thought of it that time got rewinded so that both Wanda and Vision Never stepped outside and never saw the Beekeeper in the end. So either he left after to report his findings or likely he got caught in the hex and became another townfolk until it was lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post

77gl4a50r3d61.jpg
    SEE........GenericUsername just proved my theory FOR ME, LOL!

But Seriouly Thanks for that catch, you are good at seeing that! :-)
    Last edited by CJStriker; 03-11-2021 at 11:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I think it's fortunate that they aren't handling Wanda in the long run. I hope they aren't the ones to handle Agatha should she ever appear again either. Because they made her just a generic jealous villain. Hayward, completely improperly developed. There's a lot of flaws. I think the performances carry the show. Not really their handling of the characters.
    Yeah, I wonder how they can fix Agatha in her next appearance. Hey, at least people like her.(Can't believe I am saying this shit.)
    Hayward is not important either way IMO, so I don't really care.
    I still appreciate the major lore pieces being established though, again those loads of dumb fan theories make me cherish what I actually get in terms of lore building.

77gl4a50r3d61.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Honestly I just thought of it that time got rewinded so that both Wanda and Vision Never stepped outside and never saw the Beekeeper in the end. So either he left after to report his findings or likely he got caught in the hex and became another townfolk until it was lifted.

SEE........GenericUsername just proved my theory FOR ME, LOL!

But Seriouly Thanks for that catch, you are good at seeing that! :-)
    Oh thanks, I rewatched WV and kept wondering what happened to him

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, I wonder how they can fix Agatha in her next appearance. Hey, at least people like her.(Can't believe I am saying this shit.)
    Hayward is not important either way IMO, so I don't really care.
    I still appreciate the major lore pieces being established though, again those loads of dumb fan theories make me cherish what I actually get in terms of lore building.
    Hayward isn't important at all to Wanda's growth, but it is something that shows that they didn't really have things mapped out well with the antagonists. And with how they describe Wanda, they don't have a good grip on her either. So good riddance.