Page 168 of 774 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268668 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 11598
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    What I love about Wanda is that she isn’t just a mutant/mutate, she isn’t just a witch, she isn’t just the nexus and she isn’t just blessed by chthon. She’s more than the sum of each single aspect of her being, it is really a testament to her link to Chaos in its purest form.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

What I love about Wanda is that she isn’t just a mutant/mutate, she isn’t just a witch, she isn’t just the nexus and she isn’t just blessed by chthon. She’s more than the sum of each single aspect of her being, it is really a testament to her link to Chaos in its purest form.
    I mean, that is a good take and all, I just don't find her mutant part that interesting, at least not a direct match to her mystical part.
    Again off-topic example, I was pretty intrigued by TES lore when I heard The Last Dragonborn is also a Shezarrine(not that it actually makes your player character more interesting in the game of course.) I find that intriguing because the two parts are equally fascinating and deeply connected IMO.(Meaning Aka/Akatosh and Lorkhan/Shor)
    While I don't really think it's the case for Wanda, her being a mutant IMO can be compared to LBD being a man, a mer or a lizard. It can be an interesting combination of course, but ultimately they don't matter that much when compared to the mystic side of her lore.
    And let's say while I appreciate the writers' effort to add more layers of lore in her comics, it is simply too convulted for adaptions.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 03-12-2021 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

lol thanks, I just don't want to see Wanda pinned down to a single category or reduced to a sad one-trick pony character, that's not why Chthon took notice of her or the HE wanted to experiment with her genome, as they said in the movies she's forged not simply born.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

lol thanks, I just don't want to see Wanda pinned down to a single category or reduced to a sad one-trick pony character, that's not why Chthon took notice of her or the HE wanted to experiment with her genome, as they said in the movies she's forged not simply born.
    I mean, her mutant part is born with her.
    The forge part IMO just means she will have to go through several "trials" to become the Scarlet Witch, AKA what she actually experienced in MCU's canon.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean, that is a good take and all, I just don't find her mutant part that interesting, at least not a direct match to her mystical part.
    Again off-topic example, I was pretty intrigued by TES lore when I heard The Last Dragonborn is also a Shezarrine(not that it actually makes your player character more interesting in the game of course.) I find that intriguing because the two parts are equally fascinating and deeply connected IMO.(Meaning Aka/Akatosh and Lorkhan/Shor)
    While I don't really think it's the case for Wanda, her being a mutant IMO can be compared to LBD being a man, a mer or a lizard. It can be an interesting combination of course, but ultimately they don't matter that much when compared to the mystic side of her lore.
    And let's say while I appreciate the writers' effort to add more layers of lore in her comics, it is simply too convulted for adaptions.
    hey MaximoffTrash I respect your preference for the mystic and the arcane, I'm just trying to express why I find her so intriguing, not trying to force it on others in any way but it's been there all her life and mentioned multiple times by other characters and word panels, I care about those comics, they made me fall in love with the Wanda we have now even more because in a strange almost unintended way she was turned into a literal nexus of powers, truly unique and chaotic.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I mean, her mutant part is born with her.
    The forge part IMO just means she will have to go through several "trials" to become the Scarlet Witch, AKA what she actually experienced in MCU's canon.
    if we talk movies there's the trials and the mind stone exposure in addition to an alluded witch heritage, if we talk comics, there's a witch heritage an unknown father, the high evolutionary experiment, chthon blessing, the nexus status etc.

Extraordinary Member

hey MaximoffTrash I respect your preference for the mystic and the arcane, I'm just trying to express why I find her so intriguing, not trying to force it on others in any way but it's been there all her life and mentioned multiple times by other characters and word panels, I care about those comics, they made me fall in love with the Wanda we have now even more because in a strange almost unintended way she was turned into a literal nexus of powers, truly unique and chaotic.
    I know, just giving my two cents and feel the need to make random video game comparisons on my part every now and then.
    I am probably just far less sentimental when it comes to her mutant part, they were fine as it was, then AD/HOM happened and years of bad blood with X-fans, there is also the fact her mutant part got blown out of the proportion all the time.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 03-12-2021 at 08:59 AM.

I know, just giving my two cents and feel the need to make random video game comparisons on my part every now and then.
    I am probably just far less sentimental when it comes to her mutant part, they were fine as it was, then AD/HOM happened and years of bad blood with X-fans, there is also the fact her mutant part got blown out of the proportion all the time.
    I know and that's why I'm resolved to consider Wanda just a mutate due to HE work, I wanna respect the other fans wish for a divorce from the x-franchise, just trying to preserve that dangerous element regarding her nature that stems from her having a genetic/scientific link to arcane energies independent of any such study (a la dr. strange) in addition to her witch heritage and chthonic blessing. She's like a mystic "nuclear reactor".

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Elizabeth Olsen is a Rising National Treasure!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

More official images of Wanda's Marvel legends figure

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Yes, if I am not mistaking, in the movies so far Strange had only been called that cumbersome “Master of Mystical Arts”. I had been joking, that with so few sorcerers introduced yet, the title “Sorcerer Supreme” would feel rather meaningless. Now then Agatha mentioned “Sorcerer Supreme” for the first time. Sooo, did Strange got his title off-screen Or was Agatha saying that more like a look into the future? If so, Wanda got her proper title before Strange does But maybe it turns out that things of WandaVision and DS2 where running partly in parallel.

BTW, welcome to the forum, Darth WandaVision
    She could have been referring to the previous SS which was the Ancient One.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I think DS2 would be about Stephen's trial to officially become the SS.
    Also the Trial of Vishanti can be a convenient way to introduce more magic users as contenders for the title.(At least the Earthlings.)

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She could have been referring to the previous SS which was the Ancient One.
    Probably, especially if it is in a prophecy it isn't going to be very specific on which SS it is talking about

The prophecy wasn't written in the present time or the last couple decades. I think it clearly means Wanda is more powerful than any "Sorcerer Supreme".

Spectacular Member Darth WandaVision's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post

BTW, welcome to the forum, Darth WandaVision
    thankies

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    It is Great to meet you Darth WandaVision, Indeed Welcome to The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

Yeah, I'll share anything interesting I find.

I'm glad you like my username. Someone else gave me the idea. I did both MCU and Star Wars marathons not long ago, and it seemed like a cool homage to both.

Beautiful music. <3

Agreed, Elizabeth Olsen is a national treasure. And her best is yet to come.