Page 177 of 774 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277677 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 11598
    Spectacular Member Darth WandaVision's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    WandaVision - The Scarlet Witch
    by VincyWP

https://www.deviantart.com/vincywp/a...itch-872698942

Oh, that's heavenly. You find great artwork.

I was in a plane last week, taking pics of the mountains and clouds. It would've been extra nice to look out my window and see her! heheh

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    House Of M also skyrocketed on the Amazon charts, much to the despair of the Wanda fans who hate those stories. But on the bright side, they were not the only comics. Tom King's The Vision, James Robinson's Scarlet Witch, the collection they made with Wanda and Vision's old comics also had a surge in sales. And much to my own pleasure, both Young Avengers volumes and Avengers: The Children's Crusade also went up in the charts. The lesson to be learned here is that Wanda and Vision's MCU success definitely affects the comics, and hopefully Marvel sees this as a sign they need more new material.
    Yes! There was an article about that in Yahoo today. Very good news. They called it to the "WandaVision craze".

Woot!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth WandaVision View Post
    I like your attitude! :] And I'm happy to be here.

Interesting video. Wanda's current comic origin is a bit more complex than I would have guessed. And if the comments are any hint, more than a little controversial.

Family seems to be a key aspect of the Scarlet Witch. I would like to learn the identity of her bio father someday, if it isn't in fact Magneto.
    Family is important to Wanda, but really it's her "chosen family" that matters, not the "familly she was born into".
    It doesn't really matter who her biological father is at this point, she was raised by the kind couple Django and Marya, she was accepted by the Avengers and found love and family there, and she built family of her own. It's bond through love rather than simply blood relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Brian Bendis tweets

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    @BRIANMBENDIS
    The number one (!!) YA Superhero graphic novel on all of Amazon is Avengers: Disassembled (Avengers (1998-2004)) by Brian Michael Bendis https://amazon.com/dp/B00AAJQWC6/ref...ing=UTF8&psc=1 via
    @amazon
    (its free on kindle)
    I think I just threw up

The only plus side of crap like Disassembled and HOM selling is that people might actually read these stories and realise how bad they were for Wanda, the Avengers and the Marvel Universe in general.

Ultimate Member

The thing is, the other Avengers don't really make a big deal about they're parentage, so why's it so important to SW and QS?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    The thing is, the other Avengers don't really make a big deal about they're parentage, so why's it so important to SW and QS?
    It is probably due to early on in their Avengers run they believed they were orphans and wanted to know more about their family

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Depends, they've gone heavily into Tony Stark's parentage in the last decade, and are tweaking Thor's as we speak.

I suppose it's inevitable that Captain America's mom is going to be half-Eternal or something...

(I'd have said something snarky about Hank Pym or Janet van Dyne's parents, but it's not like Marvel is even using those characters in the comics, so developing their family histories seems unlikely.)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Depends, they've gone heavily into Tony Stark's parentage in the last decade, and are tweaking Thor's as we speak.

I suppose it's inevitable that Captain America's mom is going to be half-Eternal or something...

(I'd have said something snarky about Hank Pym or Janet van Dyne's parents, but it's not like Marvel is even using those characters in the comics, so developing their family histories seems unlikely.)
    Don’t Forget ALL that stuff they where “TRYING” to tease us about Steve Rogers origins and the messy pressers from 2016-17 after the Hail HYDRA moment, Yikes!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Family is important to Wanda, but really it's her "chosen family" that matters, not the "familly she was born into".
    It doesn't really matter who her biological father is at this point, she was raised by the kind couple Django and Marya, she was accepted by the Avengers and found love and family there, and she built family of her own. It's bond through love rather than simply blood relations.
    Yes, I needed that explained to me, thank you.

Smile

I like your attitude! :] And I'm happy to be here.

Interesting video. Wanda's current comic origin is a bit more complex than I would have guessed. And if the comments are any hint, more than a little controversial.

Family seems to be a key aspect of the Scarlet Witch. I would like to learn the identity of her bio father someday, if it isn't in fact Magneto.
    We are glad you are here Darth WandaVision, indeed I like how you are very curious and eagerly about learning more about her lore.

We are always to glad to welcome any new CBR posters that want to learn and discuss about Wanda, so if their are viewers of this thread that have not joined CBR yet and want to discuss Wanda please join, you are welcomed! :-)

Yes, I needed that explained to me, thank you.
    As for Wanda oh Yes, for her Family and Love has been a central role and meaning in her life ever since her intro, from her start with the caring for each other between her and Pietro, to her family bonds in the Avengers, to the love she found with the Vision and then the kids being born. Even after her family breakdown, her themes where her continued love for theme and it shaping her into be a better hero threw those tragic events.

And when she came back in 2011 and in Young Avengers: The Children’s Crusade otmwas family that was her bond that mattered in that most of all. :-)

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ultimate Member

The thing is, most of the characters' history and personality come from their interactions with others and their lives as heroes and Avengers, not necessarily their family origin.

Smile

Also I just wanted to say to another new poster on the Wanda Thread, to Mik!

Thank You for being apart of the fandom and All your great and well thought out posts!

I am so sorry I have not said earlier this, cause your participation in the WandaVision discussions and your own Desire to learn more about Wanda has been truly appreciated to see and be apart of with you!

If I have not already I want to make sure I do, Welcome Mik to The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread and Fandom, it has been Great Having You!

I was being sarcastic with my last comment. I need some parts of the lore explained to me since I'm new, but I didn't need explained to me that Wanda cares about more than her blood relations to people.

Anyway. What a lovely mother. <3

Welcome Mik.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Also I just wanted to say to another new poster on the Wanda Thread, to Mik!

Thank You for being apart of the fandom and All your great and well thought out posts!

I am so sorry I have not said earlier this, cause your participation in the WandaVision discussions and your own Desire to learn more about Wanda has been truly appreciated to see and be apart of with you!

If I have not already I want to make sure I do, Welcome Mik to The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread and Fandom, it has been Great Having You!

I appreciate that. I've read some Scarlet Witch comics but not consistently, though I'm looking to read some now. But I like her in the MCU, and hope to see more of her.